More Fanart :-) links retired

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited November 2014 in Freebies

2nd part of the Klingon Bridge Remake: The Centre Seat [aka Captain's Chair] and those lovely Big Beams :-)

Poser and D/S files.

For D/S, the beam can be loaded as a set and these are basically "in position" for the bridge I'm working on.
There's a lone beam that can be loaded and arranged as desired.

The Centre Seat on the bridge would be rotated around, moved slightly and raised for the platform.

The Centre Seat is a figure file: both triax and legacy :-)
File works fine in D/S and Carrara. Poser has issues with visibility but [hopefully] will work fine when rendered.

The beams are prop files. The .pp2 files were created in PP12 and also in D/S. The .pp2 files work fine in D/S, Poser and Carrara and of course the .duf files work in D/S. For the .pp2 big beam, there is only the 1 beam to load. I'm not making full scene prop files for Poser at this stage.

links retired

Post edited by patience55 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited November 2014

Next: The console unit which is beside the Centre Seat. This item loads "in place".

D/S prop file and default mat. This item can look awesome with some of those shaders we have, for eg. from the Supersuit collections.
    Mix 'n match and have fun ;-)

Uvmapped. The wire cage part is not unfolded 'cause it works better for some of the shaders this way. There are 3 shading domains per wall of the unit to accommodate various shaders and their effects. Careful with displacements, results may or not be desirable.

Poser prop also. For use in Poser, everyone has to set up their own mat files which I expect is what's done anyway.

It may be small, but this is a large file. The wire cage was well tessellated to hold its shape.

edited November 2014

Have spent days working on the stations/walls ... then I hit Edit > undo ... and Hexagon sure did!
    So approaching those again with a different method ....

In the meantime thought maybe this floor deck for the chair should make an entrance.

Folder includes props for both Poser and D/S.

Uvmapped, lots of mat zones.

edited November 2014

Not packaged let alone uploaded yet ... but have two wall unit sections as D/S files atm 'done'. Have not finished all the panels yet ... and not sure at this point whether the collection will also translate to Poser files, I hope so.

The mesh is mostly new, following along the old ... I could not get the same slope on the bottom panels, so this is what I did. Think we're calling that artistic license.

edited November 2014

links retired

edited November 2014

And now the corridor :-)

This is a .cr2 file which hopefully will work in most of the staging programs.

edited December 1969

Just an update ... haven't forgotten this. Came across one of the items on the bridge which Hexagon has been most stubborn about wanting to make or remake in any reasonable fashion HOWEVER discovered a most interesting um, feature, in Hexagon which nobody has written about that I'm aware of. Said new feature will be put on the back burner while hopefully this bridge gets done in my usual fashion, eventually.

After the bridge is done, I'll be taking a serious look at how this newly discovered feature works in Hexagon. IF, IF it works as I hope it might, I could put ships back on the list!

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Just an update ... haven't forgotten this. Came across one of the items on the bridge which Hexagon has been most stubborn about wanting to make or remake in any reasonable fashion HOWEVER discovered a most interesting um, feature, in Hexagon which nobody has written about that I'm aware of. Said new feature will be put on the back burner while hopefully this bridge gets done in my usual fashion, eventually.

After the bridge is done, I'll be taking a serious look at how this newly discovered feature works in Hexagon. IF, IF it works as I hope it might, I could put ships back on the list!

Then I hope it does work like you think :) So appreciate all your Trek stuff!

edited December 1969

Skelch said:

Then I hope it does work like you think :) So appreciate all your Trek stuff!

Thank you. Me too ... it would also be a great plus for clothing creation.