The correct way to model clothing?

PoisenedLilyPoisenedLily Posts: 280
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Ok so I am attempting to model a shirt that comes to a point in the front. (Think a hankerchief (sp?) top) But no matter HOW I try to do it, the wire frame view of it is a hot mess. I would like it to be a neat tidy clean model especially for mapping purposes. If anyone has a tutorial they can point me to or some ideas THAT would be great.

Thank you so much.
Gina

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Cimerone said:
    Ok so I am attempting to model a shirt that comes to a point in the front. (Think a hankerchief (sp?) top) But no matter HOW I try to do it, the wire frame view of it is a hot mess. I would like it to be a neat tidy clean model especially for mapping purposes. If anyone has a tutorial they can point me to or some ideas THAT would be great.

Thank you so much.
    Gina

For either the entire line OR at least the "point" area, close tessellation is required for the item to hold its shape.

Think symmetry for easy or easier uvmapping. Make the item doing most of the detailing on one side, then delete the other side. Make a symmetrical copy of the good side and weld it together. Make sure the lines are all welded together where they should be.

Apply the uvmap, validate and unfold.

Then make any shading domains desired ... if for triax "as you please" ... if for legacy "as per bone areas and names".