UV Export Map color

greyhound66greyhound66 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I have Hexagon on my laptop and PC. It seems when I export a UV map from the one on the PC as a PNG the background is gray and the mappings are white. Bring them into Photoshop and it stays the same. When I go from my laptop and create one then has a transparent background with the black or white mappings depending on where I went with the slider. Can't really see where to adjust that background color. Tried setting the settings back to defaults but that didn't help. Tried running different projects through both apps with the same result so its not the project.

Any one run into this?

Thanks

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I save them out as .png files ... selecting all the islands for better visibility ... the background is usually clear and the uvmap itself nothing to write home about lol ... Okay for a general guideline. Make them much larger [just keeping them square] in your image editor.
    You may find a free utility like UVViewer more helpful for getting a decent sized template [just be sure to ask it for a large square one].

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

When it comes to extracting the UV Template I really recommend the free UV Mapper. http://www.uvmapper.com/
    You can save out in any size you want with it. The ones hexagon saves out is limited in size. UVmapper is also very good when it comes to saving and loading uv data on objects.