Image plane freebie - backgrounds for DAZ Studio

CrystalwizardCrystalwizard Posts: 102
edited December 1969 in Freebies

There are times when I just want a flat image behind something in the scene. So to that end I made a set of images and thought everyone might like to use them.

There are several galaxies and nebulas from the hubble telescope public domain images. The rest are photos I have taken. And one blank plain so you can set your own images without taking the chance of overwriting the ones it comes with. They scale easily.

Feel free to give the package way if you want, just don't sell it. I don't care what you do with any renders you make using it.

DAZ Studio only.. Don't think it matters what version but I am using 4.6

Unpack them where you can find them. If you put them in a directory Studio doesn't know about, add it to the content manager and if necessary tell content manager to search known directories for files. They SHOULD show up in smart content under props.

http://cwizprod.com/DSImagePlane.zip

Planes.png
600 x 600 - 548K

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you for these. I'm looking forward to using them.

• dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305
    edited December 1969

It seems that they are missing a file. I get it's missing this file /data/Crystalwizard/Image Plane/Beached/image plane.dsf

• CrystalwizardCrystalwizard Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

dakkuuan said:
    It seems that they are missing a file. I get it's missing this file /data/Crystalwizard/Image Plane/Beached/image plane.dsf

do me a favor, please.

Open the .zip and see if that file - image plane.dsf - is in the .zip. I hope I didn't leave it out.

If it's there, then try creating the Crystalwizard/Image Plane folders underneath of your My Library/data/ older and then see if they will load.

Let me kow one way or the other, please.

edited December 1969

No image plane.duf is there, but not the .dsf

edited December 1969

dakkuuan said:

Okay, give me a bit. I've got a long FTP going. soon as it finishes, I'll update the .zip and reupload it. I'll post in this thread when that's done.

edited December 1969

Okay, I've updated the zip (use the path in the original post) with the missing file.

Please let me know if it still has problems.

edited December 1969

Now it needs your original images. Thanks for working to fix it =)

edited December 1969

dakkuuan said:
    Now it needs your original images. Thanks for working to fix it =)

urch. can you tell this is the first studio specific package I've put together? I'm far more used to what has to go into a poser .zip.

Did it ask for the images in a specific place? If not, think it'll be happy with the images in the same place as the props?

edited December 1969

Okay, try it now. I went ahead and just put a /Runtime/..../textures path in it for the images like I would have for poser, resaved everything, then updated the zip.

Please delete the copy you have, and redownload from the original link. And thanks for the bug hunting troubleshooting help.

edited September 2014

It doesn't seem like each individual plane got resaved. It's not loading the texture. It's not a big deal to go find it, I just thought I would let you know. Oh and most of us generally keep our textures in runtime anyway.

Post edited by dakkuuan on
    edited December 1969

dakkuuan said:
    It doesn't seem like each individual plane got resaved. It's not loading the texture. It's not a big deal to go find it, I just thought I would let you know. Oh and most of us generally keep our textures in runtime anyway.

I did resave them. It's got to be because I don't know how to put a .zip together for a studio package so that it finds everything.

what error are you getting so I can try to fix it.

edited December 1969

I'm not getting an error oddly.

edited December 1969

dakkuuan said:
    I'm not getting an error oddly.

okay, I put the textures into a /Runtime... folder path. Look in your My Library path and see if you have a Runtime folder it it. If so, please unpack the textures into that. Otherwise, just put the entire /Runtime folder path into your My Library path and then let me know if they load or not. If you're not getting an error, maybe the directory you put them in isn't in content manager for some reason.

edited September 2014

content manager really doesn't play into this. It will pull the pics from whatever directory you put them in. If it's in the My Library folder, it should work. It looks like the surfaces don't have diffuse pics assigned to them, on the last try. I'll try your new upload and see if that works.

EDIT: I've tried it again and it didn't work. Let me ask you this: when you resaved them, did you go into Surfaces and point the diffuse map to the one in the Runtime/Textures/Crystal Wizard folder? Cause if that was the step that got left out, then resaving them will only save them no diffuse map, like they are showing now. I hope this helps, otherwise, I'm not sure what's wrong.

Post edited by dakkuuan on