Free Laptop Model

Hi, this is my first model which I made and textured in blender.

duf
duf
laptop.duf
laptop.duf.png
91 x 91 - 5K

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,246
    edited January 2021

hussein.saafan said:

Hi, this is my first model which I made and textured in blender.

I see this is your first post so Hello and welcome to the forums :-)

Thank you for the thoughts but this is not going to work.
    When starting out it is a good idea not to encrypt your files.

In D/S - Edit > Preferences ... there you can set your "name" ... "anon" is not generally done.
    Under My Library > Runtime > Textures > name your subfolder ... having .png files in Hussein Saafan's Documents folder is fine on your computer, but nobody else's.
    After putting the required images in a suitable subfolder, retexture the model using them, then save it out again as a figure/prop, possibly to the location My Library > Props > {your name}
    When packaging up the freebie, you need then to copy everything into a set of empty folders using the same structure. This is then put into a .zip folder for sharing.
    My Library > Props > {your name or product} .....
    My Library > data > husseinsaafan > Laptop > Laptop > laptop.dsf   [without this file the .duf will not work]
    My Library > data > husseinsaafan > Laptop > Laptop > UV Sets > etc.
    My Library > Runtime > Textures > {your name} ....

And then, people need to have a readme [text file] ... in order to use your model, they want to know if it can be used only for non-commercial projects - if it can be used commercially, etc.

Welcome to the world of 3D modeling :-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Thanks for the advice, I tried again following it, please let me know if I did anything else wrong.

zip
    zip
    Laptop.zip
  • StargazeyStargazey Posts: 244

You seem to have missed out the "textures" folder within the "runtime" folder.

Keep up the good work. The first step is always the hardest!

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Keep going Hussein, you're doing well for a first model and Catherine is great at helping people.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105

Looking forward the end result.