Ankle Socks for Genesis 1 (DS and Poser)

FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
edited December 1969 in Freebies
Gen1SocksPoser.jpg
900 x 900 - 215K
Gen1SocksDS.jpg
900 x 900 - 233K

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Awesome! :D

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited December 1969

very well laid out UV map !

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Thanks... I'm super picky about UVs. I actually started as a texturer and taught myself how to model 'cause I got sick of dealing with bad mapping. LOL

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Now those are socks. Real socks! Great socks!
    THANK YOU!
    (Really!)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Wow... talk about going above and beyond. Incredible work.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

They do look great, thanks for sharing !

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418
    edited December 1969

Great! Thank you!

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

NICE! some day I'll be able to make things that cool, that are not made from Studio primitives, lol.

edited December 1969

I made those in Hexagon, it's free. =)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807
    edited December 1969

For Poser, too! Thanx!! :coolsmile:

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Thanks Fisty. These are wonderful.

• TallulahdahlingTallulahdahling Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Oh, yeah! I feel like I could pluck them out of the screen and put them on! :)

Thank you, Fisty!

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Now that is epic, tho Blender is a little over my head, so no promises.

I guess that cloth rigging set is going to be needed for clothing, if anyone is thinking that direction.

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited September 2014

Nice socks! Thank you very much!

PS. If you are looking for an idea for this years Christmas freebies........socks seem ideal :)

Post edited by Aave Nainen on
  • taiuritaiuri Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

So awesome!! Thank you so much Fisty!! You're a great artist!! Congratulations!! THANK YOU!! :D

• edited December 1969

Fisty,

I, and four of the voices in my head would like to say THANK YOU! =) LOL

These four are quite happy with the new footwarmers. =) Don't mind the little one glaring on the ground, that IS her 'happy' face! This is Blake, Hannah, Stefanie, and Hope (the little one on the lower right).

You and your socks have kept me up way past my bedtime now. I've got a set of textures ready to release for them already, just as soon as I finish rendering the item views. The textures on the four of them in this image are part of the set. ^_^

So again - thanks for the freebie! Very useful! And I am in love with your UV mapping. Gorgeous UV map!

Group.jpg
    956 x 630 - 597K
  • taiuritaiuri Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Yes, Fisty is incredible, I tried too in my Poser and they are awesome!!! It'd be awesome if you share your textures too. This clothing is the best one I've had for my Genesis models!! :D

Seliah said:
    Fisty,

I, and four of the voices in my head would like to say THANK YOU! =) LOL

These four are quite happy with the new footwarmers. =) Don't mind the little one glaring on the ground, that IS her 'happy' face! This is Blake, Hannah, Stefanie, and Hope (the little one on the lower right).

You and your socks have kept me up way past my bedtime now. I've got a set of textures ready to release for them already, just as soon as I finish rendering the item views. The textures on the four of them in this image are part of the set. ^_^

So again - thanks for the freebie! Very useful! And I am in love with your UV mapping. Gorgeous UV map!

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    Now that is epic, tho Blender is a little over my head, so no promises.

I guess that cloth rigging set is going to be needed for clothing, if anyone is thinking that direction.

Blender is a complete mystery to me, I've opened it once and it gave me a migraine so I closed it. These were modeled in Hex and rigged in DS. I used photoshop for the texture but it's not anything you couldn't do just as well in gimp.

edited December 1969

Heads up, Hex is no longer free, tho the full price is not bad if I read that correct, $19.95?

Nice render by the way Seliah, I only managed to do a test render in the gray box, to make sure I installed the thing correctly.

Hex__Not_Free_001.png
    798 x 968 - 415K
    edited December 1969

Heads up, Hex is no longer free, tho the full price is not bad if I read that correct, $19.95?

Looks like it.. oh well.. $7 on sale is definitely worth it. It is buggy, I wouldn't pay the full price for it but 7 is a worthwhile gamble.. it doesn't play nice on some computers. I got it for $2 on a sale years ago and it pays my rent and feeds my family. =)

edited September 2014

unfortunately, I kind of flushed a good portion of my wishlist threw the shopping cart beginning of the month. There is allot of stuff I wanted to get, that will simply wait till next month now, including some of your stuff (income security for you, lol). I kind of understood a few things, after dealing with "LASI 7" and Eagle Cad, tho I also got a migraine after watching the first intro vid at blender. I couldn't click the pause quick enough to keep up with the guy. The other vid I watched was a creation of the Destiny Ship from SGU, made it look easy.

As for cloth rigging stuff that Jindy and Pendraia had discussed elsewhere, seamed quite useful for many things to do with cloths.
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-clone-for-genesis
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-clone-for-genesis
    Hmmm, and it works with “Sickle Rigging and Morphing System”...
    http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-rigging-and-morphing-system

Do you use that stuff with Hex, or dose Hex have it's own G2 rigging stuff? Dose Hex have a scale equivalent to Studio 1ft = 1ft per say?

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

You rig Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 clothing in DS, no other program will do it. Hex is just a modeling program, it doesn't rig or render or do any other fancy stuff that makes it confusing, that's why I like it.. it does one thing and it does it well. There is a bridge from DS right to Hex and back, I use it for making morphs and JCMs, but for the modeling itself I just export G1 or G2 as on .obj, open it in Hex and model the clothes around it... then you import it back into DS in Daz scale and it's all good. If you use the Hex bridge from DS and then save out .obj from Hex you have to import it back into DS at Silo scale... no idea why it's not consistent when you use the bridge. /shrug

edited December 1969

O.K. thanks for the socks, and the info. Sorry I got distracted there making a diagram to get something out of my head that this all brought up again. It's a draft at best, only an idea at this point.

I must work on some other things now, and I'm sure the socks will make a showing in some of them. Thanks.

ZDG_Skirt_Rig_01010.png
    530 x 430 - 9K
    edited December 1969

And then add another blank bone to end of each of those chains if you want it to work in Poser... it would be a nightmare, honestly..

• JRuehsJRuehs Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Nice socks. Thank you.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

Best realistic looking socks that I've seen so far. Thank you.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

those socks rock, Fisty.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

By the way ... may I ask what texture that is for the second promo?
    I like the details ...

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I like the details ...

Thanks fisty!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I like the details ...

I >think< it was Phillip