Desert Road

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
edited September 2014 in Freebies

Desert Road

Wander down it here: http://www.ShareCG.com/v/77546/view/11/Poser/Desert-Road

A retextured versions of the 2 Lane Roadway http://www.ShareCG.com/v/76420/view/11/Poser/2-Lane-Roadway
That was from a couple of months back....
Basically its the same model but different textures, I would have made MAT Poses for it, but due to the number of separate sections, it wouldn't really have saved anyone any effort, so this way is actually easier.
8.1 MB, but easier.
I have been working off and on on some other roads and landscape scenes, but none of those are ready yet.

DesertRoadPromo2.jpg
1200 x 915 - 329K
DesertRoadPromo1w.jpg
1200 x 1020 - 311K
Post edited by McGyver on

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

FYI, in DAZ Studio, I'm getting missing materials. Message is something like "Cannot find a file for "/Runtime/Textures/VixThingz/2LaneRoadway/V1003L_RoadGrass_VT.jpg"."

Thanks for all your freebies, BTW.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 1969

Thank you! That pathway should have said "/Runtime/Textures/VixThingz/DesertRoad/V1003L_RoadGrass_VT.jpg".... I zipped the wrong file (an older one)... I see what I did... I tested the correct file in DAZ (and forgot it there) and zipped the older one from my Poser runtime...

Stupid lousy used brain... Thats what I get for buying a black market brain from a man in a trench coat selling them out of a van in a dark alley... I don't even think its a real human brain... and the warranty is written in crayon.

Thanks for pointing this out, I really appreciate it... I have fixed the file now and it should work properly.

edited December 1969

Does it update in ShareCG right away? I tried redownloading, but still have the same issue.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited December 1969

Thank you once again!
    Okay, it is definitely fixed now... I downloaded the file I uploaded last night and indeed it was not changed...
    So I re-did the PP2, double checked the actual file line per line using TextEdit and then reloaded it into DAZ Studio 4.6 as well as on an old computer running Poser 7 pro... I renamed the zip file (maybe it not having a new name made SCG default to the original file instead of updating it?... it happens with image attachments sometimes) then I uploaded it to ShareCG, deleted the files in the runtimes of P7 and DS4.6, downloaded the file I just uploaded and reinstalled it...

I can now confirm that what I uploaded is the actual file I intended to see posted. And it loads properly. For sure.

I really thank you for letting me know there was a problem, despite this debacle, I really do try to offer the best models can make presented in as professional a manner as possible, so I really appreciate it when folks let me know if there is a problem.

At VIXCORP we really care about our customers and strive to make you 3D rendering experience a happy one...
    Thats gonna be the commercial when I'm running my evil mega-corporation...

Anyway thanks again!

edited December 1969

Success!

No worries.

Yeah, I vaguely recall being driven nuts trying to upload a replacement file somewhere and it seemed like I forgot, then somehow got the old one loaded again, then again, then FINALLY I figured out that if it had the same filename, it would say it did it, but in fact would totally ignore the file you gave it and keep using the original one.