Freebie: ED's Stoneage Car

EdheldilEdheldil Posts: 41
edited February 2021 in Freebies

A very simple model of a stoneage car.

Contains: 1x ED's Stoneage car (obj & mtl) - no textures included

I hope you enjoy this freebie. I would be happy about a mention or feedback.
You are not allowed to sell this product in any way!!!!

https://www.deviantart.com/edheldil3d/art/Freebie-ED-s-Stoneage-Car-871158921

ED's Stoneage car.jpg
1080 x 1080 - 419K
Post edited by Edheldil on

Comments

• E.BruE.Bru Posts: 181

Super! Dankeschön.

• LOL and now I have the Flintstone song stuck in my head...thanks for the car Ed

• I have always wondered. What prevents the front roller rolling forward out of the chassis? And the same with the rear roller. Sorry, just the engineer in me coming out.

Regards,

Richard.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,245
    edited February 2021

richardandtracy said:

I have always wondered. What prevents the front roller rolling forward out of the chassis? And the same with the rear roller. Sorry, just the engineer in me coming out.

Regards,

Richard.

That big stick in the center :-)

As to the back wheel, hmm ... don't think they had engineers back in the day lol ...

this big stick.png
    700 x 700 - 324K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,245
    edited February 2021

Edheldil said:

A very simple model of a stoneage car.

Contains: 1x ED's Stoneage car (obj & mtl) - no textures included

I hope you enjoy this freebie. I would be happy about a mention or feedback.
    You are not allowed to sell this product in any way!!!!

https://www.deviantart.com/edheldil3d/art/Freebie-ED-s-Stoneage-Car-871158921

Thank You! Of course I just had to make the wheels to go 'round and 'round too :-)

Image shows some basic Iray shader presets applied.

Back in the Day.png
    700 x 700 - 426K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678ab said:

richardandtracy said:

I have always wondered. What prevents the front roller rolling forward out of the chassis? And the same with the rear roller. Sorry, just the engineer in me coming out.

Regards,

Richard.

As to the back wheel, hmm ... don't think they had engineers back in the day lol ...

I know it's nuts applying real physics to cartoons, but that pivot/axle log seems to have nothing to stop it rolling forwards out of the fork in the fore/aft chassis log. That's what I was wondering about. There's no peg or nail visible to stop it happening. 

• richardandtracy said:

Catherine3678ab said:

richardandtracy said:

Regards,

Richard.

I know it's nuts applying real physics to cartoons, but that pivot/axle log seems to have nothing to stop it rolling forwards out of the fork in the fore/aft chassis log. That's what I was wondering about. There's no peg or nail visible to stop it happening. 

A lot of things don't make sense in cartoons - undoubtedly part of why they are so funny at times. I rather imagine that the rock wheel is heavy enough to not want to roll off on its own: however, for the strength then required for a pair of feet to force the entire rock vehicle to move anywhere - Bigfoot would be envious!

• I have seen pumice gravel blowing in a stiff breeze across an ash desert in Iceland. The gravel was in lumps up to 2cm across but weighed 2 grams or less and blew in drifts like sand on a beach up to knee high. The gravel was cream and the ash was dark brown/black. It was probably on the Fjallabaksleið nyrðri (F208) somewhere round here: 63.981680, -18.862072 (plug thos co-ordinates into Google Earth). It was so peculiar the sight stuck in my mind for these 33 years since. The rollers could be out of that pumice and still not be catastrophically heavy.

Regards,

Richard

• Haha, thats cartoon physics!

Here some shader I used for the promo image:

- Iray Materials Collection Vol 1 (couldn't find it anymore at the shop, only Vol.2 & 3)
    Ingenious Rock Shaders
    Everyday Cloth Iray Shaders

• richardandtracy said:

I have seen pumice gravel blowing in a stiff breeze across an ash desert in Iceland. The gravel was in lumps up to 2cm across but weighed 2 grams or less and blew in drifts like sand on a beach up to knee high. The gravel was cream and the ash was dark brown/black. It was probably on the Fjallabaksleið nyrðri (F208) somewhere round here: 63.981680, -18.862072 (plug thos co-ordinates into Google Earth). It was so peculiar the sight stuck in my mind for these 33 years since. The rollers could be out of that pumice and still not be catastrophically heavy.

Regards,

Richard

Okay. I'll go with that, Pumice Wheels :-) 

In Nature can be found the very best "artwork" - that must have been quite the sight indeed.

• Edheldil said:

Haha, thats cartoon physics!

Here some shader I used for the promo image:

- Iray Materials Collection Vol 1 (couldn't find it anymore at the shop, only Vol.2 & 3)
    Ingenious Rock Shaders
    Everyday Cloth Iray Shaders

Oh hay I've got some of those too :-) Thanks :-)

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

That is so cool..............Anybody know where you could get the Flintstone characters to go with this??  So cool!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

kwannie said:

That is so cool..............Anybody know where you could get the Flintstone characters to go with this??  So cool!

The only resources I know of:

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Western_Cartoon_Resources#The_Flintstones

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

awesome, thanks