Manuelly installing Daz Content into Dazstudio 4.6 for MAC

2»

Comments

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

klew1984 said:
    Nevermind. I found it. I just was looking in the wrong place in DAZ3D Studio 4.7. I needed to look in Content Library instead of the Smart Content area. Thank you for your help, guys!

Yes this was my problem too, didnt know where to find it.

• jzadoria said:

"Mac always did it differently I think, so find out how to do that first." This is exactly what I am asking. How is it done on a MAC!
    I will try this. As you just suggested. As far as the content and into my directory.

To merge files you have to press and hold the OPTION key as you drag and drop files... so two 'data' files in one space will merge into one.

• temurtemur Posts: 0

Pls share how u figured out this problem because I'm facing the same. My contents do not appear after copying them in My DAZ 3D Library in USERS>Shared folder on mac....Thanks in advance.

• gmvmunozgmvmunoz Posts: 0

If you have the zip files you dont need to unzip them. All you need to do is, open the install manger file in your library (where ever it is located in your computer), open the download folder and then drop in the zipped files into the download folder. Quit Daz3d and install manager. Open your install manager and your files should be ready to install. Press install and the install manager should place the files in the correct folders. Open daz and your files shall appear. Worked for me hassle free.

• mfaulkesmfaulkes Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    gmvmunoz said:

If you have the zip files you dont need to unzip them. All you need to do is, open the install manger file in your library (where ever it is located in your computer), open the download folder and then drop in the zipped files into the download folder. Quit Daz3d and install manager. Open your install manager and your files should be ready to install. Press install and the install manager should place the files in the correct folders. Open daz and your files shall appear. Worked for me hassle free.

Thank you gmvmunoz . This worked for me on a Mac.

edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • mfaulkes said:
    gmvmunoz said:

Thank you gmvmunoz . This worked for me on a Mac.

edited to fix quote

Would someone be so kind as to help me out. I'm trying to install anatomical elements from Renderosity made for Genesis 8 Female and I'm on a mac.

I tried the suggestion above, moved the zip file into the DIM downloads folder. When I opened DIM the file is nowhere to be found.

So I did the earlier suggestion of moving the files to their respective directories. I've even gotten so far as to be able to see some of the product in my content library in DAZ, and it's showing the thumbnails, so I know that DAZ is associating those correctly, but they are just poses. The morphs themselves are nowhere to be found in my content library, so poses are useless. The directory for morphs was indicated to be:

Users > (me) > DAZ 3D > Studio > My Library > data > DAZ 3D > Genesis 8 > Female > Morphs

Is that correct? Come to think of it I don't even see a morphs category in the content library.

Please help me. I really don't wanna deal with this barbie doll crap anymore. Maybe I shouldn't have gone with a third party product and should've just gotten something from the DAZ store that has the proper anatomy. I've been trying to sort these anatomical element products out for literally days.

•  I left this conversation more confused than I entered it. Does anyone have a video link or something cus me brain smol and dum-dum