November, 2014 Freebie Challenge - Memories

124»

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    DanaTA said:
    gulan7 said:
    Nice one LG :) I wish i have my picture in time for this months challenge but it seems it will not going to happen this time. Will try harder for next one :) but at least i got DS 4.7 up and running, looks very nice.

Got it up and running? Is it that difficult to do? Does it wipe out your library or something?

Dana

It is not that easy to put up a good picture, at least not for me yet. I miscalculated time, and though i had it almost finished, i had only 5 freebies and probably would have to add something that wouldn't fit so good. I have found 6th and maybe could add few more, but i was running out of time and somehow day was rainy and i still had some work to do, and somehow i just felt that i needed rest so i am hoping to finish it a bit later. Sorry for not entering it, i should start a bit more early in order to finish in time from now on. But on the good side i have finished two pictures for new users contests, now i only to find the time to do both and in time :).

You misunderstood me. I was asking about DS 4.7. You said you got it up and running. It sounded like it was a struggle, like is somehow made things difficult. I thought that maybe it wipes out your library and you had to load it all over again or something like that. Or maybe there are troubles with plug-ins not working or something.

I do the same thing as you, when I do get around to making an entry (it's been a long time). I underestimate how long it will take to get it all together and do all the posing and positioning. I am almost always submitting on the last minute when I enter. Ask Music. And I know about using the right freebies. It's difficult sometimes, you don't want to just throw things in there to make the count.

Dana

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

This is why I typically start an entry at the beginning of the month. That way I can at least get one entry in.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Yes that is a good advice, but i though i could pull it out. I installed DS 4.7 and i got it running and really enjoyed seeing a new version, but as i said i couldn't fit all in time to submit a good entry, i probably could do something that would look half finished :D so yes i will try to make something good for this month. And yes i am still a bit new, with experience i probably will be able to do more. I like to do simple and fast, sometimes i want to do more then i get into trouble because i don't know much and i still need to learn. But here is a best place for it i am thinking. Now just to be able to do all things that i am planing :)

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 2014

And the winners are:

1st Place: Remembrance by Tramp Graphics

I really enjoyed this render. The poses and expressions of the family just works for me. The spirit of the fallen soldier being honoured standing at attention.

2nd Place: Stickball Louie by Lord Ganthor

The kid’s expressions and determination. The DOF gives the impression of a hot, summer day in a big city.

3rd Place: Louies Memory by Lord Ganthor

The Polaroid frame really works. Such a simple setup with so few props but it works very well. I especially love Louie’s expression and his obvious discomfort wearing a suit and tie...but he does clean up well.

Unfortunately these 3 were the only entries this month. There may not have been a large quantity of renders but we did receive some high quality renders.

Thank you for participating. Now let's all go have some fun in the snow.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Thank you...although I feel kind of guilty for taking two out of three. Tramps render was far superior to either one of mine ( I was shooting for cute or goofy) and is well deserving of 1st place with this heart-felt render. So, congratulations to him...or is it her? I never can remember who's behind what avatar, so overlook me. I guess November was a crazy month for everybody (it was for me) hence the lack of entrees this time around. It was a good theme, but maybe in today's fast paced world sometimes we just don't have time to remember...or when we do, it's just too late. Still, I had fun. Thanks.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Tramp Graphics and Lord Ganthor!

Dana

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Congratulations :) nice work on the pictures.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 2014

Thank you...although I feel kind of guilty for taking two out of three. Tramps render was far superior to either one of mine ( I was shooting for cute or goofy) and is well deserving of 1st place with this heart-felt render. So, congratulations to him...or is it her? I never can remember who's behind what avatar, so overlook me. I guess November was a crazy month for everybody (it was for me) hence the lack of entrees this time around. It was a good theme, but maybe in today's fast paced world sometimes we just don't have time to remember...or when we do, it's just too late. Still, I had fun. Thanks.I'm a guy. And thanks.

And the winners are:

1st Place: Remembrance by Tramp Graphics

I really enjoyed this render. The poses and expressions of the family just works for me. The spirit of the fallen soldier being honoured standing at attention.

Thanks. This piece was very close to my heart because I am a veteran myself. I served four years in the US Army including during the first Gulf War back in 1990 to 1991.

This piece is also an important part of a larger story I've been "trying" to write for several years now. Ideally, as I envisioned it, I would like to have had all of my main team in the picture, but that would have put me over the Paid-for count and be too taxing on my RAM.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to both of you, and I'll see you in the snow...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Congratulations to both of you, and I'll see you in the snow...

Yes congrats. and Snow I can handle, memories are something else, especially in November for me.

Mind you I have my fingers crossed that the snow stays away from these parts till after we have moved house in January.