Free Imperial/US Measuring Grid

Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to Daz -- I had to do some basic measurements without the benefits of Measure Metrics (I haven't gotten it yet). I created a couple of scales that are 6' wide and 10' high marked off at 6" intervals, and a thickness scale that is 1' wide, using GIMP and Excel and put them in Daz planes. I find them helpful for showing relative sizes of characters without having to look them up or load another character I know the size of when creating a new character. Attached are the duf files and jpgs for anyone to use without restrictions or attribution. I think the duf files can be just downloaded and used, but if not just create a 10' plane, scale X at 60% (6') and put the scale image you wish to use in the Base Color. The side bar works similarly -- Z is 10% (1'). One object is a basic scale, while the other has inches marked off between 5' and 7'.

Hexdrake

Front Grid.jpg
1153 x 1921 - 242K
Grid2.jpg
1153 x 1921 - 286K
Side Grid.jpg
120 x 1200 - 23K
duf
duf
Measuring Grid 1.duf
duf
duf
Measuring Grid 2 Exact.duf
Measuring Grid 1.duf.png
91 x 91 - 6K
Measuring Grid 2 Exact.duf.png
91 x 91 - 4K

Comments

• Hexdrake21 said:

Hey everyone!

I'm fairly new to Daz -- I had to do some basic measurements without the benefits of Measure Metrics (I haven't gotten it yet). I created a couple of scales that are 6' wide and 10' high marked off at 6" intervals, and a thickness scale that is 1' wide, using GIMP and Excel and put them in Daz planes. I find them helpful for showing relative sizes of characters without having to look them up or load another character I know the size of when creating a new character. Attached are the duf files and jpgs for anyone to use without restrictions or attribution. I think the duf files can be just downloaded and used, but if not just create a 10' plane, scale X at 60% (6') and put the scale image you wish to use in the Base Color. The side bar works similarly -- Z is 10% (1'). One object is a basic scale, while the other has inches marked off between 5' and 7'.

Hexdrake

Thanks for sharing !! it will useful for character sheet