Help creating a morph for the Daz horse 2 (warrning adult themed content)

DeamonoxDeamonox Posts: 83
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Ok as the topic header said I would like some help in creating a morph for the daz horse 2 model.

now heres the kicker a freind of mine using 3d studio Max went and made a horse with a morphable anus, yes anus like I said adult themed, he then sent me the obj data and I can load it into hexagon alright the only problem is it's in 5 pieces each one a different state ie open close ect. and I've tried simply loading it into daz as a prop but it clips like a buggery.

so I would like to know can the different states which is a model in it's own rights be turn into a morph like thing I can use on the horse

thank you in advance for any help offered

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited December 1969

if they all have the same vertex order you can load 4 of them on one as a morph target

• DeamonoxDeamonox Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

oh and how would you check that or do that in the first place, I can use daz well enough but I know very little about hexagon

edited December 1969

is in DAZ
    using morphloader

edited December 1969

most morphs are created on the original figure by moving vertices in a modeling program then loading them on the original using morphloader
    you can do that with this prop too and also try edit object triangulate after to possibly fix the clipping if caused by ngons

edited November 2014

I tried using the morphloader pro, so i could see a log of things, it say the geometry did not match, should I save it in hexagon first then load it again or would it just be easier to make a livestream so you can see for yourself

ok didn't see your next post , but the livestream thing could work as well

Post edited by Deamonox on
    edited December 1969

I really do not wish to see it :lol:

edited December 1969

ok then,
    so if I got this straight i should
    1: load into hexagon then send to daz as a prop
    2:save said prop
    3:use morphloader to attach to horse as morph
    4:enjoy

is that about right

edited December 1969

no was suggesting attach to horse in DS as prop and load the morphs on the prop
    to fix the clipping issue was suggesting triangulation after adding morphs
    if you fix it in hexagon you may change the vertex order and morphs would not work
    I presume it was meant as a prop to add to the horse
    I have to go to work but had this been an easier thing to show like a morphing pair of antlers one could have posted it here as is Renderotica forum your best bet.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

If I understand you correctly, your friend made a new horse in 3DS Max and made morphs for it. You now want to apply those morphs to the Daz horse?

No way that can work - a morph must be made from the mesh that the morph will apply to or it won't match.

First rule of morphing - nothing can be added to or subtracted from the original - you can only shift verts into different places to make a different shape.

If you want to use your friend's morphs as a template to use to match morphs made for the Daz horse, that is possible.

edited December 1969

I think I might have to it like roygee says, I tried loading it striaght to daz but all i get is five invisble grouped together objects, and when I load one on it's own I get the geometry error.

so how would you use it as a template, just load the daz horse into hex along with the thing and then copy it somehow?

edited December 1969

ok it looks like I'm gonna have to learn basic morphing, cause I just tried making something like a lump come out of the horses back by moving some of the faces and instead the horse grows and shrinks, I think this kinda shows just how noob I am with hexagon

edited December 1969

OK - let's see what we can do to give you a bit of a start :)

Firstly, morphs must be done one at a time - you don't want to tackle them all together.

Right - now for the template - the simplest method would be if you could make a render of the "part of interest" as a reference image - even if you load the morph mesh in Hex and click on the camera in the right-hand bottom corner of the screen. More complex would be to use the actual morph mesh.

If you go for the former - do this now, do the render and close Hex. If you decide on the latter, don't do so yet.

Open Studio, go to Edit -> Preferences ->Interface and towards the bottom of the panel under Bridges: Hexagon make sure that the Advanced options is selected.

Load the horse and, with it selected, go to Parameters -> Mesh resolution and select "Base". make sure there are no active morphs.

To get the horse into Hex, Go to File -> Send to Hexagon. That will open Hex and load the horse - may take a short while to do so.

If you have opted to use the reference image option, load the saved render to the grid under Scene Properties tab.

If you are going to use the actual mesh as a template, import the .obj now and lock it so that it does not get selected.

Do the morph by eyeballing the shape you want to create and moving verts around to match. Remember the first rule of morphing - don't add or delete anything - you can only work with what is already there and re-shape. Be sure not to move the figure from the position it loaded in. Always use soft selection to avoid making sharp creases.

I don't have the Daz horse, so don't know what sort of mesh you have to work with - it does take a lot of modelling skill to be able to make a good morph and I don't even want to imagine what you would need to do to achieve what you want :)

Once you are done with making the morph - if you loaded an .obj as template, delete it and any materials it may have - select the figure and go to File-> Send to Daz Studio.

You'll get a dialogue asking whether you want to make a morph - give it a name that is unique by double-clicking on the default name "morph" and typing in a name, then accept. Test the morph under parameters. Set it to zero and save as a morph asset.

Close Hex and start on the next morph in the same way as above.

edited December 1969

thanks I can now do simple morphs Yay me :lol:

though having looked at the prop it's gonna take me a while before i can pull it of right so for now I'll tinker on the prop and make something like what I want but I will some day pull off a proper morph for this

but thank you roygee and wendycat(can't do sybolsin text) for your help

I might even get lucky and someone will make a morph like this before I do who knows

edited December 1969

I might even get lucky and someone will make a morph like this before I do who knows

Somehow I doubt it! :)

So many more interesting subjects to model :)

edited December 1969

hey I can dream can't I, but your right there's alot of stuff I'd love to see done

btw how do you assign stuff to a model, I.e. victoria hair to the victoria model (most likely spelt wrong)

edited December 1969

btw how do you assign stuff to a model, I.e. victoria hair to the victoria model (most likely spelt wrong)

I assume you mean in Studio?

With the figure selected, locate the hair in the content panel and double-click on the icon. It loads and conforms automatically - cool, huh!

edited December 1969

ah sorry I meant how do you assing a prop to the model Ie give a new coat you have made to a certain model

but yes the auto conform thing is very cool a good feature

edited December 1969

That would depend on the generation of the model and where you intend to use it.

For instance, if it is of the Millenium generation (V4/M4), you have two options. You can convert V4 to tri-ax and use the transfer utility to make the clothing conforming and save it as a wearable asset, or you can go through a long, very involved process to make a legacy rigging and export as a .cr2 conforming clothing. If the model is Genesis, you use the transfer utility.

You then fit the clothing as per my previous post.

Not sure about earlier versions - V3 and earlier - but think that you would need to make it a legacy rigging.

Any of these methods will work in Studio and Poser 10 upwards and to a certain extent in Carrara 8.5, but not in earlier versions of Carrara. For earlier versions of Carrara you need to make it as .cr2 conforming clothing.

edited December 1969

and this method would work on props as well? like say a horses butthole

edited December 1969

I don't know Studio all that well, but can't think of any reason why not :)

Geographting would probably be your best bet.

edited December 1969

hmm this is odd since I upgraded to 4.7 I seem to be having issuses rendering, I tryed the ffshow compression and my redering came out in black and white it wouldn't be so bad if I hadden't been waiting for 4days for it to finish rendering in the first place

any advice you care to share