Spy Agency Lobby - NOW RELEASED

grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
edited November 2014 in Freebies

Some time ago I made a rudimentary set for a CIA lobby, which is up on ShareCG still. Recently I have been revisiting the theme for some renders ... after all, pretty much every spy TV show/movie has to have a scene with a high angle looking down on someone walking across the CIA logo in some lobby somewhere. It's mandatory!

Anyway I wanted more detail than the prior one and also make it different so it could be, for example, a branch office. So I redid it. I am going to share this as a second version (still will have the old one there) when I'm done, probably this week. Just a head's up, will post link here when finished. I the render below, it's almost done but I'm planning to make the bank of elevators open/close.

Also note that the logo on the floor is actually a circular area with it's own texture map. So you can substitute any logo / sheild you like. Some examples included below.

UPDATE: File is now available at http://www.sharecg.com/v/78581/view/11/Poser/Fancy-Lobby-With-Changeable-Logo-Floor

DAZ_Logo_Render.jpg
1200 x 900 - 40K
GE_Logo.jpg
1200 x 900 - 44K
UFP_Logo_Render.jpg
1200 x 900 - 47K
State_Department_Render.jpg
1200 x 900 - 48K
CIA_Logo_Render.jpg
1200 x 900 - 42K
Post edited by grinch2901 on

Comments

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Make it so the logo is changeable?

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited November 2014

After I posted I came to the same conclusion about making it a changeable logo, so I could make it a court house or a company or another governemnt building, etc. So I did make the logo changeable. There is a round area in the geometry with it's own texture map now so you can swap in any square texture. Of course since the gemoetry is round it will only display in a circle shape so it cuts off the corners. If your logo is round, however, it's perfect. See above, those were all quickies I just added, swapping out different textures and hitting render.

• Charles WestCharles West Posts: 123
    edited December 1969

After I posted I came to the same conclusion about making it a changeable logo, so I could make it a court house or a company or another governemnt building, etc. So I did make the logo changeable. There is a round area in the geometry with it's own texture map now so you can swap in any square texture. Of course since the gemoetry is round it will only display in a circle shape so it cuts off the corners. If your logo is round, however, it's perfect. See above, those were all quickies I just added, swapping out different textures and hitting render.

You could always make it a square and put the tiles in the texture map to be round
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Very nice. I am waiting for it.

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

This would be great to have

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 653
    edited December 1969

Some time ago I made a rudimentary set for a CIA lobby, which is up on ShareCG still. Recently I have been revisiting the theme for some renders ... after all, pretty much every spy TV show/movie has to have a scene with a high angle looking down on someone walking across the CIA logo in some lobby somewhere. It's mandatory!

Anyway I wanted more detail than the prior one and also make it different so it could be, for example, a branch office. So I redid it. I am going to share this as a second version (still will have the old one there) when I'm done, probably this week. Just a head's up, will post link here when finished. I the render below, it's almost done but I'm planning to make the bank of elevators open/close.

Also note that the logo on the floor is actually a circular area with it's own texture map. So you can substitute any logo / sheild you like. Some examples included below.

Heh! Seeing that last picture, I imagine James Bond would know that he's in a world of shit messing with these guys! :coolsmirk:

Pretty cool! Looking forward to it!!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited November 2014

Heh! Seeing that last picture, I imagine James Bond would know that he's in a world of shit messing with these guys! :coolsmirk:

Pretty cool! Looking forward to it!!

The new Bond movie: Revenge Comes Soon ;-)

As for the scene, I look forward to being able to hang some artwork on those walls. (I think it was sanzisannzi who had a free morphing picture frame available...?)

Oh! One suggestion: Could you make the pexiglass inserts below the railing along the platform morphable, so they can reach the ceiling? That way, we could make the stairs a security checkpoint.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • cedarwolfcedarwolf Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Looks quite interesting to me. I like the idea of interchangeable logos.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

cedarwolf said:
    Looks quite interesting to me. I like the idea of interchangeable logos.
    Agreed! That would be really cool :)
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

I only hope that 'soon' is not 'DAZ Soon'!! :P

edited December 1969

I've imported it into Daz Studio, it's the right scale so it's almost done. all I really want to do is set the doors up to open/close on the elevator and create a basic elevator you can have your characters walk into. I may just do one elevator for simplicity so the other elevator door would be a dummy, just for looks. Going to try working on it some tonight.

edited December 1969

I think I will be able to upload this to ShareCG either today or tomorrow. I added a morph to open the elevator doors (left elevator only, the right elevator door is just for looks and will not open) and added an elevator box to step into. Cleaned up some materials too so, for instance, you can light up one of the elevator call up/down buttons with an ambient. Been a while since I released a set so I don't really recall if I can save this out as a PP2 in DAZ Studio or not but if not I can dust off my old copy of Poser to get it done.

Almost ready, just a couple more steps.

edited December 1969

Below is a Daz Studio render, with working elevator door. I made it a morph so you can control it smoothly if you wanted to animate it. I don't think I can save this as a poser prop from studio so I guess one more day until I can get it to work in poser then I'll upload it.

CIA_Lobby.jpg
    1229 x 950 - 517K
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

It looks great! With moving parts, it might have to be a .cr2, not a .pp2.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

It looks great! With moving parts, it might have to be a .cr2, not a .pp2.

Even as long ago as Poser 4, a rigged figure with a PP2 extension would come up just fine in the "Props" library of a Runtime. Somewhere around P5 or P6 they decided to find any compatible extension in any directory, though hair still parented to heads and hand poses still asked for right or left. I know this because I never have cared for my "figures" to be shirts and automobiles: those are "props" so I put them in Props. All I had to do (in P4) was make sure the extensions were correct.
    edited December 1969

Looking good. Hope you'll include an obj version with the final file

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

Cool to hear there will be working elevator doors :)

edited November 2014

It's online now at ShareCG, in poser CR2 format. Only way I could figure out how to export from Daz Studio in a poser ready format. OBJ version included in the geometries file.

If someone could verify it actually works in Poser, that would be cool. Enjoy!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/78581/view/11/Poser/Fancy-Lobby-With-Changeable-Logo-Floor

Promo_5.jpg
    500 x 500 - 132K
    CIA_Lobby_Promo_3.png
    500 x 500 - 310K
    CIA_Lobby_Promo_1.png
    500 x 500 - 299K
    edited December 1969

Beauty! Many thnx bro! :coolsmile:

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969