Hexagon Bridge error

edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

My search fu sucks today.
Was trying to find out why Daz doesn't export to Hexagon.
It says Need 2.5.1.52 or above for hexagon. I am running Hexagon 2.5.1.79

I tried reinstalling as admin, but same.
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

aangist, go to this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15505/ and read what's said about this problem.

Basically, DAZ needs to be told where to find Hexagon, which is in a file called "dzinstall.ini." On your main hard drive, go to Users --> your user file, how the system see you on the computer --> AppData --> Roaming --> DAZ 3D and look for dzinstall.ini.

Double click on this Notepad file and see if there's a path to your Hexagon program, I found my path towards the top of the page. If you don't see a path for Hexagon, go to the next User file and search again until you find a dzinstall.ini which shows a path for your Hexagon file.

Once you find this dzinstall.ini, copy it, go to the User file you use while on your system, and paste the copied dzinstall.ini here. You'll be asked if you want to overwrite the existing file, chose to do so. I found I had the same problem as you and when I found the dzinstall.ini file and copied/pasted it I could then send DAZ scenes to Hexagon through the bridge.

• edited December 1969

Thanks GussNemo

FOund the problem turned out to be windows 7 rights on an update reverted Daz to non Admin which Hexagon needs.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

You're welcome, and glad you found the problem.