dB Animation Kits (formerly Daz 3d products) are now Free!

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
edited April 2021 in Freebies

Another product line sold at Daz 3d back in the day was my dB Animation Kits

I am proud to announce that they, too are now freely available via Dartanbeck.com!

My way of saying Thanks!!! to this entire community! smiley

These downloads are the official products that used to be sold at Daz 3D, as the Install Manager (DIM) would download them - so if you use DIM, you can simply drop these .zip files directly into DIM's Downloads folder and run DIM (Install tab, as they've already been downloaded) to install them.

On a Windows PC, the DIM downloads folder is

• Drive
  • Users
  • Public
  • Public Documents
  • DAZ 3D
  • InstallManager
  • Downloads

dB Animation Kit 1 for Mil Dragon 2

From deep within the heated core of the world's deepest mountain caves an ancient creature stirs in her lair - awakened by meddlesome adventurers out to make a name for themselves.

dB Animation Kits are helpful and easy-to-use collections of animated PZ2 files designed to used by themselves, or linked together to create a longer animation render. dB Animation Kit 1 for the Millennium Dragon 2 contains animated poses to help move your dragon through its lair with a "lurking" walk cycle which works equally well for caves and tunnels as well as on land. Animate your dragon to move into a defensive stance or leap into the air and take to flight! Also included are the left-only and right-only portions of the walk and transitions to add further flexibility of joining the animations together.

Swordworks for Michael 4

Swordworks for Michael 4 is a collection of animated sword swipe files to get M4 slicing his way into action. By keeping the camera up close and personal, you should be able to render out a wealth of battles back and forth amidst any and all of your sword-wielding action heroes with this kit.

But then there are those times when you just need them to clash and interlock, right? I've included a "Clash" sequence. Load "A" to one and "B" to another to have two M4 figures lock their swords!

There are also some threatening actions as well. What's a good sword battle without a bit of taunting?

* Swords and figures Not Included

Find them both HERE in my Downloads Section

Also available are all of my EnvironKits for Carrara along with my first Daz 3d product, Starry Sky for Carrara, along with some new files I've released freely, like my new Genesis 1 MorphForms + and some Base scenes for Carrara so that users may follow along in tutorials.

Much more to come!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

While you're there, if you enjoy this whole 3D rendering hobby you may enjoy having a looking around.

Yes, I am a die hard Carrara enthusiast, but I've also been delving deeper and deeper into Daz Studio and am having a great time with it, so I've been adding more and more to my DAZ ZONE area. 

The site is based on the idea of one person on a home PC (or Mac) making CG Films, and covers a quite a lot of what I've been up to in this endeavor.

Being a Carrara user for ten years now, many of my more detailed articles are found in the CARRARA ZONE, under CG Workshop, which truly doesn't only apply to users of Carrara. I was writing from the perspective of a Carrara user, so that's where I organized it.

I'm currently working on the renders for a few  short films I have planned, and will also be resuming my tutorials in a sort of hybrid between written material and video.

My friend, mindsong, inspired me to dust off the lip sync software I bought ten years ago (Mimic Pro) and also tutored me on more advanced uses of the physics simulation software, Virtual World Dynamic - Cloth and Hair. To add a bit more color to this thread, I'll post a few of my tests I've put together as results from all of this. I've come quite a long way from these by now, but we have to wait to see those! ;)

These first two are from VWD and Carrara dynamics tests I was working on before mindsong contacted me

And this one was a result of some changes I've made in my workflow (to include more Daz Studio work) after collaborating with mindsong. He really helped me a lot in many ways - and I've come a long way since I made the footage for this. 

This one is also using an AI voice software called Talkia, which we both bought at the same time to see where it might take us. I have decided not to use it for Rosie or Dartanbeck (my wife and myself) in favor of recording our own voices in my singer's studio - something we haven't finished yet.

Well, I hope you had a little fun with those! ;)

Cheers, my friends!

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Love the video's, you have another 2 subscribers lol

Thank you for the freebies, can't wait to see what else you plan to show us.

Faeryl Womyn said:

Love the video's, you have another 2 subscribers lol

Thank you for the freebies, can't wait to see what else you plan to show us.

Cool! Thanks!

I've got some fun stuff (I think) in the works.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

very awsome of you

• chris poolechris poole Posts: 124

Thanks Dartanbeck, you truly are productive, your enthusiasm is infectious..

Thanks, both of you for your kind words!

• Thanks for sharing those wonderful and useful animation files

It's my Pleasure, my friend!

They were a Lot of fun to make!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited May 2021

whoa!

juvesatriani and dart in the same thread - we be approaching critical mass here!

(that's a beautiful thing...)

eta: thanks a zillion for the generous gifts, Dart! Your site is quite the resource and fun to browse for info and inspiration.

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
    edited May 2021

Thanks!

...and May the Fourth be With You                

...Alwayth!!!       

Post edited by Dartanbeck on