Bed with dForce Blankets

ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889
edited May 2021 in Freebies

https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88392/bed-with-dforce-blankets

The mattresses, blankets and pillows were my first experiment in blender - there was a lot of trial and error involved, I don't know if they're made properly; the wooden bits are done in Daz with primitives. Made these because I couldn't find a bed with a mattress that provided good results with smoothing modifier; all the ones I tried created gigantic indentations at the single touch of a finger. I made the high poly one first, but I went overboard with it and the results ended up being the exact opposite; the indentations were wrapping so tight around the character, that they were barely visible. The mid poly one seems to have the best results so far.

The following items are included:

- L/R Nightstands
- L/R Pillows
- Bed Frame
- A low poly mattress
- A high poly mattress with and without creases
- A mid poly mattress with and without creases
- 3 rectangular dForce blankets with different types of creases
- 2 deformed dForce blankets if you want to cover a character partially (used in the promo picture) or if you just want a messy result
- A static blanket
- OBJ files for both the bed props and the office furniture I previously posted

Bed.jpg
1200 x 747 - 219K
Post edited by ioonrxoon on

Comments

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,518

This is very nice, thank you!

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Thank you and especially for the extra's to give more options.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Very nice attempt; looks like the corners could do with some edge-loops to make them curve less.

Sent you a PM btw, please read it.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,201

thank you.

:)

j

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 889

Glad you found it useful, the scene turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

• Cool set!
  • TogireTogire Posts: 408

Thanks. The bed and the textures are nice and the smooothing works well and gives good results.

But there is a scaling problem. The bed size is around 270cm x 180cm, while most bed are ~200x140. When used as a replacement for another bed from any env, it needs to be rescaled to 75% otherwise it may not fit in the room!

Similarly, I checked the blankets and at 100% their size fits the original bed (and they need to be rescaled by 3/4), but they intially have a random scaling from 110% to 160%.

Besides that good work.