Problem installing daz content

dru.avpdru.avp Posts: 2
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi! I got Poser Pro 2014 like a week ago. I'd installed some basic daz content (genesis 2, victoria, etc etc)
The thing is I had to uninstall Poser, and then I reinstalled it (with all the same content I added before) and now that content doesn't appears. I'll list all the steps I took, maybe I screwed it in one of them?
*Removed all the content from old installation
*Installed Poser Pro 2014 in C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014
*Choose a personal directory for the content, C:\Program Files\Poser Installed Content
*Start Poser, install content from ZIP file (tried a lot of files here, some of them appear (hair, clothing) and some of them not (Genesis, Victoria, Michael and any other character)

I tried the "Add Library" button, forcing Poser to look into the Content folder. It opens it, but it has no files in it.. I checked the folder myself! the content is installed.. it's like Poser doesn't recognize it. I have DSON Importer correctly installed, if that helps..

Please, help :(

PD: My english may be poor, sorry about that..

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

*Choose a personal directory for the content, C:\Program Files\Poser Installed Content

Never install user content into Program Files, it is a protected area, and it will cause many problems. Choose somewhere outside of Program files, like Documents.

Why not use DIM (DAZ Install Manager) to install your content, it is much simpler, and takes the guesswork out of it?
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

JimmyC is spot-on. You will likely be able to see the included Poser content, since it was installed by the Poser setup program, but not anything added later. This is because of Windows User Access Control, which was introduced in Windows Vista and higher.

However, the DSON Importer does get installed into the Poser Program folder...

• dru.avpdru.avp Posts: 2
    edited December 2014

Never install user content into Program Files, it is a protected area, and it will cause many problems. Choose somewhere outside of Program files, like Documents.

Why not use DIM (DAZ Install Manager) to install your content, it is much simpler, and takes the guesswork out of it?

Thanks for answering me!! I tried different locations.. My Documents was one of them. Even Desktop.. nothing worked.
    I tried DIM too..

Post edited by dru.avp on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What is the name of the folder that holds your content, and can you please post a screenshot of it here, showing the contents clearly.

• dru.avpdru.avp Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

What is the name of the folder that holds your content, and can you please post a screenshot of it here, showing the contents clearly.

It just worked O.o I did all the same.. I'll post the screenshot anyway, maybe it can help somebody else..

I installed all the content manually this time (dragging zip content into the folder and then adding the library in Poser) and there was everything.

Well, thank you for answering :3

Sin_título-1.jpg
    1866 x 846 - 647K
  • FightingwolfFightingwolf Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Installing DAZ3d zip files for Poser

Problem: Can't see the content in your library because Zip files don't install correctly
    Solution:
    Step 1: Unzip the content file that you get from DAZ3d
    Step 2: Find the Runtimes folder and zip it.
    Step 3: Install the Runtimes Zip folder like you normally would install content. I can't remember exactly with this step, but I think you have to install it into the runtime folder. If you don't then it's going to install outside of your Runtime Folder

For example If I want to install in my Poser library on my computer I have to use this path: K:\Poser Download Content\Clothing A3\Runtime I have to install it directly into the Runtime folder