Serial Number not working

JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

It's been ages since I opened Hex, and now I'm trying to install it on a new computer. But the S/N listed in my account no longer seems to work.

Did they do something about serial numbers that I missed?

Thanks

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,219
    edited December 1969

I would recommend you put in a ticket.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

Sorry if this comes across wrong, did you try scrolling down and looking for a different serial number for Hex 2.5. Recently I updated my PC and when putting everything back together again I spotted 3 serial numbers for Hex 2.5.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ditto, I have a couple of serial numbers, but can't remember which one worked.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

I think the longer number is the one you want.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I have read in a few places too that one has to 'type in the number', copy/paste won't work.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Thanks...yeah, I scrolled thru the list maybe a dozen times. I put in a ticket, and keep checking to see if they've updated my S/N list. And yeah, I did type it in manually.

Not sure why there's only one S/N in my list, from the old bundle which included Hex 2.0 in the "economic stimulus" bundle or whatever it was called. But there's only a Hex 2.0 number, no others. I thought they gave 2.5 away free for a while, maybe I picked it up then. Maybe there's a special location for that free version S/N....

Guess I'll have to wait until Monday when DAZ gets back in the office.

edited December 1969

Thanks...yeah, I scrolled thru the list maybe a dozen times. I put in a ticket, and keep checking to see if they've updated my S/N list. And yeah, I did type it in manually.

Not sure why there's only one S/N in my list, from the old bundle which included Hex 2.0 in the "economic stimulus" bundle or whatever it was called. But there's only a Hex 2.0 number, no others. I thought they gave 2.5 away free for a while, maybe I picked it up then. Maybe there's a special location for that free version S/N....

Guess I'll have to wait until Monday when DAZ gets back in the office.

Depending upon where you got the 2.5 edition, there may be a readme that was included in the zip with the number ... they also used to post it somewhere in their support pages and every now and then one might yet trip over it.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

It could be too you have to log in as Administrator in order to enter the serial number. I've run across this a time or two with other programs.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

I think the serial number you need starts with HDZ; if your number starts with HX20, that's for Hexagon 2.0

edited December 1969

Hmm ... they finally updated the help pages so it's gone from there. However people do speak of having received a text file with their downloads which had the number. Hopefully you can find your backup copy.

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 2014

Thanks all.

Filed a ticket and they responded with my number. And a copy/paste even worked. Go figure. :)

BTW, turns out only my 2.0 Hex S/N was listed in my account. So they had to dig out my 2.5 S/N.

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Good to hear you found the right S/N.

edited December 1969

Yes, happy to hear that it was fixed for you :-)

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

Glad to hear things are sorted Joe - Post a pic of what you make with it in the gallery -

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6884/