Victoria 5/G1F to G8F Pose Transfer Script

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,501
edited June 2021 in Freebies

Please find attached a little script to transfer a pose from Victoria 5/G1F to G8F. Like my other scripts, you need G1F with the pose, and then G8F to transfer the pose to. You need to select G8F's hip and G1F's hip to identify the correct figure, then press the 'Accept' button, and the script will try to transfer the pose as accurately as possible.

The pose transfer will not be perfect, but probably not a lot worse than applying a G8F base pose to a character.

Below I show a number of images. The first is G8F showing the similarity of poses after the zero pose transfer, the second shows a G1 base pose applied to V5 while G8F is in her zero pose, and transferred to G8F in the third. Hope the script is of some use to someone.

One thing that surprised me is the way on the shins how a 90 degree bend on G1F needs a 94 degree bend on G8F, and a 4 degree reverse bend on the foot to get the global angle of the sole the same. Took a little time to get my head around that. As usual, the G8F +ve direction for the eyes up-down and side-side is the opposite of the earlier character, all catered for in the transfer.

Characters: G1F is Victoria 5. G8F is MostDigitaCreations 'ACJenny for G3F and G8F' applied to G8F.

Regards,

Richard.

G1FPoseTransferToG8F R01.png
800 x 800 - 869K
G1FPoseTransferToG8F R02.png
800 x 800 - 860K
G1FPoseTransferToG8F R03.png
800 x 800 - 858K
zip
zip
G1FPoseTransferToG8F.zip
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

Thank you

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

Thank you!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,501

I had started, so thought I would finish. Seems to work.

Regards.

Richard

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Fantastic!  I have sooo many G1F pose sets that have been sitting in digital mothballs until now.  Thanks Richard for this script as well as all of your other pose transfer scripts!!  

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

Another for the list, thank you Richard, they are quite helpful

Thanks for your comments. I do hope it'll be useful.

I do think it's worth mentioning that IceCrMn did give this link: https://www.sharecg.com/v/89846/browse/8/Script/Daz3d-Pose-Converter-Standalone for another way of doing something similar.

Regards,

Richard.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,245

Thanks from me too :-)

{are those ladies standing underwater?!}

edited June 2021

Yes, they are. To be able to demonstrate pose similarity, much of the pose as possible needs to be visible. For this, they need to be in swimsuits. To give a reason to be in swimsuits, they're underwater (and I like the HDRI). Unfortunately, I have no swimming poses for V5. Each step is logical, it's just the result that's irrational...

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,245

Okay, just checking my vision lol ... Everything does not need to be rational in life, that would be boring ;-)

I can cope with boring...  wink

Regards,

Richard

edited June 2021

I surprised myself yesterday. I totted up the number of Rendo downloads of my various little pose transfer scripts. There are 13 at present (and one in the pipeline for G1F to V4), and the number of downloads had reached 4933 at the point I totted them up yesterday. Quite, quite amazing. I am simply amazed that there was such a demand for them. I can understand that anyone may want poses to be transferrable to avoid wasting assets, but the number of people with the older figures either in active use or being held inactive until a suitable point has simply amazed me.

Regards,

Richard.