Want to load 8.1 without "all" of 8's morphs? minitut

2»

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,246

vonkomica said:

I believe those HD morphs were for a pair of freebie faces by brahann, Mary Queen of Scott's and Melynda released around March of 2020 (according to the timestamp on the archives). I Have no idea about the releasing rules for HD morphs, so I looked. The help center lists two topics in the licensing/legale section (3d printing and "what can i use a daz3d figure for legally") and a (google and duckduckgo) search for "daz3d studio HD morph publishing rules" yielded no useful results on the subject. If you have more info about freebie rules hit me with a link, please.

Sorry, don't have a link handy. It's common knowledge that we the people cannot make high defn. morphs as we the people cannot morph a base resolution figure that has been subdivided as that changes the point count of the figure. One cannot add or remove any mesh when making morphs or uv sets. BUT, the PAs have access to a plugin or something for Morph Loader/Daz Studio {which I think they have to purchase} and they can make morphs from the subdivided mesh. You may notice that when using a HD morph one has to dial up SubD to, well basically as high as your computer can take it, 3,4, or even 5 so all those delightful pores can be seen. 

There is at least one PA who has released a Merchant Resource pack with HD morphs - but again unless one is a PA and has that utility one cannot load in those morphs to mingle with their work for their own releases. However if one has the right modeling programs [ZBrush is rather popular, possibly 3DCoat, Blender, NOT Hexagon, etc.] there is a way to make use of high defn. mesh figures along with the base mesh figures to bake Normals. Then back in D/S one would use these Normals to provide the detailing.

Some vendors claiming to be providing HD characters, are not using HD morphs but rather are using those Normals. Normals do not require the above MR resource pack in order to be created. One can load their figure in D/S and crank up the SubD, export out the .obj. Bring that .obj into Zbrush or whatever and change its shape details, then bring in the figure's base resolution .obj and bake Normals.

edited July 2021

I wandered over there, and yes. brahann is not only giving away freebies but is also selling characters with HD morphs.

Found a link with regards to the HD who gets to make 'em info, it's a few years old but still active:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3115251/#Comment_3115251

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,502
    edited July 2021
    It is not impossible to reverse engineer a file format. I have written translators for two way information exchange of Finite Element information to Radioss and NASTRAN finite element packages solely based on reverse engineering a single file of each format. I have not done it with any DS format (as OBJ is far simpler, common between packages and more human readable), but if a format can be created, it can be recreated by really clever people. It's unlikely I could be one of them, though. [ETA, I had forgotten, but have also done one way translators with VRML1 and COSMOS .geo formats too based solely on a single file of each. If I can do it for something based on elements and nodes, it is also possible for something based on facets and vertices as they are different names for the same things.]
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

Oh I believe you. You're very talented when it comes to coding. However, we's all don't really want to see the Grand Canyon that badly ;-) The company has their proprietary property and we shall not tamper with it. I got some ref photos of the Grand Canyon over at ArtStation or someplace [several vendors sell in 2 or 3 places at least]. That shall be quite sufficient for me ;-)

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

If you haven't already checked out the Morph v load time thread, here it is How long does it take you to load...

Remember, this is concerning G8s, but It is interesting, as of the 48 respondants to the survey, a little more than half (56%) had load times under a minute (which I personall feel is acceptable).  While almost half had load time in excess of 1 minute, and about 17% had load times in exceess of 3 minutes.