Error when using UV/Paint tools

kathils01kathils01 Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

So I spent a few days working in Hex and am really liking it--now that I solved my original issue. Unfortunately, every time I try to use the UV/Paint tools, any of them, I get an "internal error" message, and the Validate button shows up in the dialog box. Doesn't matter how many times I click validate, the error pops up immediately.

Specs:
I'm on a Windows 8, 64 bit system

Any ideas??

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

kathils01 said:
    So I spent a few days working in Hex and am really liking it--now that I solved my original issue. Unfortunately, every time I try to use the UV/Paint tools, any of them, I get an "internal error" message, and the Validate button shows up in the dialog box. Doesn't matter how many times I click validate, the error pops up immediately.

Specs:
    I'm on a Windows 8, 64 bit system

Any ideas??

Yes if you're morphing. Is that what you're doing?

• kathils01kathils01 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

Yep, I'm attempting when morphing. First was via importing V4 head only as an obj. Other times were through the Daz bridge with M6. Do those tools not work when morphing?

edited January 2015

kathils01 said:
    Yep, I'm attempting when morphing. First was via importing V4 head only as an obj. Other times were through the Daz bridge with M6. Do those tools not work when morphing?

Yes they work, but as you've noticed, the process is touchy.

M6 is a morph of G2M so let's start with sending G2M base over the bridge to Hexagon ...

I'll fire up D/S ...

Fire up D/S, set affinity down some [free up some computer for other programs], load G2M, strip off all textures, base resolution, send over the bridge to Hexagon.

Now, to Make a Morph, learning the process ... pick something simple to start with. Like a lump on the head or whatever.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited January 2015

Okay ... made some images.

For morphing, I tend to use the 3 main brushes, smoothing, pinching and inflate.

Any of them can pose the error messages.

004.png
    1366 x 723 - 315K
    003.png
    1121 x 674 - 165K
    002.png
    1366 x 727 - 283K
    001.png
    1366 x 729 - 285K
    edited January 2015

Since we were here figured might as well show the rest of the trip.

I'm using D/S4.6

006.png
    1366 x 727 - 209K
    005.png
    944 x 662 - 102K
  • kathils01kathils01 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

I'm going to spend some time looking this over. I've been off-line for several weeks and missed the updates to the reply. Excellent stuff. Thanks.

I'm wondering if one of the steps I think I missed is going to help with the other problem I ran into. Spent hours on a face morph, was finally satisfied, sent it back to Daz, everything worked spectacularly -- right up until I started trying to pose my figure. Suddenly I had stretch Armstrong, or gumby, or some other assorted very malleable twisty type of figure. I'm sure I just have something set wrong. Was rather disappointed, but haven't had a chance to get back to it yet. Probably this weekend.

*insert brain implosion* ;)