ST Fanart 2015

13»

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited May 2015

There's now a wall decoration similar to ones seen over at Starbase Eleven [which btw also is a set that uses a wall similar to the joyful wall previously released]. link retired

And here's a fancy cylinder, I mean a tool ... fixes anything apparently - not guaranteed of course, from what I've read of euls, nothing is guaranteed for fail safe work in space ;-) link retired

And here is the texture I used for the wall decoration plank. DA Link by plastikmaniac

And here is a laser .png by thefirstfleet

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

WIP at this stage.

Have the floor done :-)

This is 100% new mesh but obviously is inspired by those who have gone before ;-)

new_bridge_tos.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 814K
    floor_done.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

WIP at this stage.

Have the floor done :-)

This is 100% new mesh but obviously is inspired by those who have gone before ;-)

Looking good thus far! :)

edited December 1969

Thank you.

Today the Captain's Chair and those bases were done. Few minor Shading Domain assignments to straighten out with it so no pics today.
    Working on a few buttons for it. It has one of my speaker control boxes and some of those computer cards with it. Had to rename them all those though so they didn't get melted into a jumbo heap.

Big HU - hurry ... who knows how long this one lasts ... http://www.daz3d.com/m4-hero-pro-pack
    On the freebie page at time of posting; just throw it in the cart and PROVIDING it is still showing up as 'free' at the end of the trip, just "buy it'". Can download it then anytime.

THANK YOU DAZ3D. :-)

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the heads up on http://www.daz3d.com/m4-hero-pro-pack that is $179.00 of stuff for free!

edited May 2015

You're welcome. That's a kool deal for sure, still there too :-)

Okay ... Starting off the the TOS Bridge series with the Floor and Central Base.

D/S prop files and .obj files, templates, uvmapped, no textures ... same rules as with all my STF.

link retired due to extreme lack of interest .... wonder why so many people are watching this thread if so few are wanting anything.

edited December 1969

hmmm ... so far a grande lack of interest, okay ... this may be a short offer.

Anyhow, this is the teaser for today.

wip2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 356K
    edited December 1969

Before rigging those keys, thought I'd get a good start on a station. Finally, Hexagon didn't have seizures and :-) It could happen lol ...
    [drivers for the Video card had updates this year that Hexie plays better with]

one_station.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 220K
    edited December 1969

Hmm ... okay have retired the unused links .... the others will probably be retired soon. Guess most have enough of the TOS stuff ... I'll be detailing my own set and not be concerned about how to pack it for redistributing.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Looks good, and yeah now I have M4 and bodysuit that can take lots of ST textures, but I need to download them first and already have a lot planed. I am interested in this sure, but as I sad before having troubles with not being able to use it for commercial use on my own :) I mean making something like ST, but might just try doing some ST fanart as I like ST.

edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Looks good, and yeah now I have M4 and bodysuit that can take lots of ST textures, but I need to download them first and already have a lot planed. I am interested in this sure, but as I sad before having troubles with not being able to use it for commercial use on my own :) I mean making something like ST, but might just try doing some ST fanart as I like ST.

We all that problem lol ... I've read in places where some make certain other claims but have noticed that many of their referred-to websites where unlicensed ST stuff was being sold are "poof". Considering too that any and all monies made plus interest, lawyers' fees etc could end up being transferred over to the legal copyright holders, just ain't worth it to skip the rules. I read somewhere that Paramount "barely" tolerates fanart ... so that they have been permitting free fanart as long as we do mention their copyright on our work is gracious of them.

I don't know how it is the Gene Roddenberry came up with the floorplan for the bridge but I do recall finding a very similar shaped floor that predates ST by centuries. Rather fantastic concept of having the room totally sealed [no doorways] with only those permitted access to their places that could enter the room to their places therein. That would sure cut down on security concerns and no "Q" drop-ins lol ...

edited May 2015

Ok, I have watched complete ST TNG and my heart lies in that one. But I am not sure if will be able to make something though I was tempted seeing things like this http://www.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-Expansion-for-Aiko-3-449588411

I might try at some point, and yesterday I was thinking that for my computer is best to use figures generation 4 and before till I get something like this :D if it ever happens, I guess I am lucky to still have computer that is good and almost 10 years old.

Anyway I am interested in ST always, though for me as I said before I probably would like to create some ST like SF fantasy on my own :) Haven't tried much of it yet, but will keep on trying.

Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Ok, I have watched complete ST TNG and my heart lies in that one. But I am not sure if will be able to make something though I was tempted seeing things like this http://www.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-Expansion-for-Aiko-3-449588411

I might try at some point, and yesterday I was thinking that for my computer is best to use figures generation 4 and before till I get something like this :D if it ever happens, I guess I am lucky to still have computer that is good and almost 10 years old.

Anyway I am interested in ST always, though for me as I said before I probably would like to create some ST like SF fantasy on my own :) Haven't tried much of it yet, but will keep on trying.

When you get a new computer, you will certainly notice a BIG difference in speeds and capabilities ;-)

I have W7Pro ... if you have the hardware, go Pro. It increases the capability for the OS to actual use more of the hardware. [loosely translated, it'll be even faster] One can also add in extra fans which is good for cooling the machine during renders.

So are you using D/S3 or 4?

edited December 1969

DS 4.7 it works really good except when I load too much things and that is proabably more then 2 genesis figures. It really starts to be my favorite program beside GIMP and few others how I am getting into it. Yesterday I wanted to learn about using transparency maps as I worked and finished on M4 picture, very nice looking I might add suupisingly and found this video and there I noticed difference in speed of just loading content while browsing, I think it is something like 5-10 faster :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0P3EkQ5mPI

Thanks for advice about extra fans. Suprisingly my computer is still very stable and works good after at least 7 years so I am happy to have it but just yesterday I realized that I really need to use content that can speed it up, that is probably generation 4 and 3 figures, though I probably can use Genesis 1 and 2 for something really special and good looking.

I also have to say that Bryce works very good and that I have made one picture with it yesterday, but I am still new to it and just need practice and to learn it because it renders so nicely on my machine and I can in the meantime work easy with my computer which is a great plus, so I proabably can make good backgrounds and pose my characters and actualy make good pictrues :) so I am hoping to improve, if I could learn to make my own models it would be even better. But I just have feeling that everythig will be ok if I keep on working and learning.

edited December 1969

Okay ... so then the models I make for D/S4.x will work for you too :-)

edited December 1969

I believe so :) and I just installed DS 4.8 everything seems to work, though it seems there are new things that I will need to learn, now lets see if I can use those Nobiax Iray Shaders I downloaded some time ago.

edited December 1969

Here is a little item, made while looking through some TNG photos of Picard's desk.

Just .obj files ... load what you want, rearrange etc and save the prop out as per your program to any folders you want.

DA Link

sphere_w_2_orbits.png
    1000 x 1000 - 352K
    edited July 2015

It would appear that the posts in the above thread are "frozen" due to the transition from old to new forum software.

The link in the above post was retired. There is nothing wrong with the format but post is not editable.

Rather frustrating system ... will not continue posting my ST offerings here.

• MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125

Worked on this recently... It's part of my photoseries on deviantArt....

http://mattbrewer.deviantart.com/gallery/53927416/STAR-TREK-Universe-II

STUIIPlanetTrio.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 236K

Nice series :-)