Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

The Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2 by SimonWM, now available in the store, do not work at all in Poser. They are installed in the proper place, and they appear in the parameter dials, but they do absolutely nothing but take up space.

I have waited for these for a long time, and am disappointed that they do not work. Most of the other morph sets I have bought install and work as advertised but these do not. Is there a secret way to get these to work, or did I waste my money.

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited January 2015

It's working for me in Poser Pro 2012.

One picture shows G2M default (left) and G2M (right) with the All Muscle Volumes morph dialed to 1.
    Second picture shows G2M (left) with bodybuilder morph and G2M (right) with bodybuilder morph Plus the All Muscle Volumes morph dialed in to 1. I tried a few individual muscle morphs and I saw movement when dialed in. Most of them are found in the body part regions with in the Muscularity group.

I don't use Poser Pro 2012 much at all, but was curious and installed the product's PoserCF files to see if it worked for me.

Edit: Removed the picture, all re-add a couple of samples with no texture
    Edit2: Updated pictures and description.
    Edit3: The PoserCF files were for G2M Starter Essentials so I can load G2M into Poser. The product in question are morph files for G2M and require only the DSON core installer which consists of the muscle morph files.

Sample_2.jpg
    1488 x 943 - 113K
    Sample_1.jpg
    1486 x 940 - 108K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • edited December 1969

Lindsey:

Thank you for the response.

I have Poser Pro 2014 (Game Developer), Windows 8.1, and a Quad core computer with16 GB of RAM.

I purchased Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2 Male(s), as I still use V4WM.

As you amended the product does not have a PoserCF file.

It states,

"Notes

This product contains only new shapes for Genesis 2 Male, there are no user-facing files.
    Genesis 2 Male shapes are automatically compatible with Genesis 2 Male in Poser via the DSON Importer for Poser.
    This product includes: •1 DSON Core Installer"

Most of the morphs I have purchased work, except for a few that never promised Poser compatibility. Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2 Male(s) does not work in my installation. The DSON importer does its thing, but those morphs do not work. Even when all morphs are set to 1, I get nothing. I hope I do not need to uninstall and reinstall everything.

• edited January 2015

Oddly, the Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2 Male(s) has disappeared from the market place. It can still be accessed and purchased through the bundle.

Amended, never-mind, the hide things you own got clicked somehow.

Post edited by lkendallgma_c6431c9e46 on
    edited December 1969

If the morphs are created for Genesis 2 Male(s) and are installed properly, they should work. Morphs for this product are installed to data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\SimonWM\Muscularity for Genesis 2 Male. When you load a new G2M figure within Poser, G2M is loaded with any morphs found within the folder data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs.

Since you are seeing the parameter dials for Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2 Male(s), that tells me you're loading a "fresh" G2M and that the morphs are installed correctly. If you see the morph parameter dials, you should see changes when the morph(s) is dialed in. Why these (and other morphs for G2M that you have installed and see) don't work is a mystery to me.

If it were me, this is what I would do.

Test that the morphs work on G2M in Daz Studio. It's free, if it is not installed, you have nothing to lose other than drive space and you can verify the morphs are installed and working properly.

File a service ticket with DAZ Tech support to see if they can troubleshoot your issue.

Wait and see if anyone else can offer troubleshooting suggestions

If all else fails, request a refund with 30 days of product purchase.

• edited December 1969

I can try them in DS.

Now that I think of it some other morphs don't work, but show up in the dials. I think I will try re-installing the G2 figures.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

It can also bought through the store without the bundle here:

http://www.daz3d.com/muscularity-morphs-for-genesis-2-male-s

• edited January 2015

RCT-Spanky:

Apparently there is a hide items owned setting in the store that is selected by default. I never selected that setting. When I desellected it, I could see the item again.

• edited December 1969

The morphs that do not work in Poser work in DS, but I do not want to use DAZ Studio, I want to use Poser. If I cannot get the morphs to work, I will have to return them.
    I re-installed the Genesis 2 essentials (G2 Male), and the DSON importer. I also reinstalled the last service release of Poser Pro 2014. None of this worked.

edited January 2015

LKENDALL said:
    The morphs that do not work in Poser work in DS, but I do not want to use DAZ Studio, I want to use Poser. If I cannot get the morphs to work, I will have to return them.
    I re-installed the Genesis 2 essentials (G2 Male), and the DSON importer. I also reinstalled the last service release of Poser Pro 2014. None of this worked.

It would be wise to mention the morphs products not working in Poser Pro 2014 in your refund request so tech support can be aware of the problem. They may find a simple fix and update those products. You may want to update your sig line also. Says Poser Pro 2012, although I may not have piped in if it said Poser Pro 2014!

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited January 2015

Hi Lkendall, sorry to read that you are having problems with the product. DAZ goes to great lengths to make sure their morph products are ALL compatible with Poser thru DSON. I would advise you contact their customer support because they may be able to troubleshoot your particular case. As you have seen other Poser users are able to use the morphs. You can return the product but I would like to see that more experienced people try to get to the root of your problem. If you are having problems with this product there is a big chance you may have problems with other morphs products in the future. I hope you choose to open a DAZ customer support ticket and ultimately find a solution. This was a very time consuming project that made me release less products in 2014 but that turned quite good and I wish everybody is able to enjoy it.

PoserPro2014.jpg
    1920 x 1038 - 1M
    Post edited by SimonWM on
  • edited December 1969

SimonWM:

Thanks for responding.

I have submitted a request with technical support. We will see is they can help.

I have spent more than 10 hours trying to get your product to work in Poser Pro Game Dev. Malevolent Lee 6 also does not work, and a few morphs from other sites. But everything else works perfectly.

I reinstalled Genesis 2 male and female, Poser and its service releases, DAZ Studio, dson importer, among many tedious efforts. So far nothing has worked.

• edited December 1969

On further investigation, Dwarf Creator for Genesis 2 Male(s), barely even shows up, Genesis 2 Male(s) Expressions & Face aniBlocks, shows up in parameter dials, but does nothing, and Ghost of Macbeth Morphs for Genesis 2 Male(s) does not show up in the dials at all. Each is correctly installed.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

I have Poser Pro Game Dev and the muscularity morphs are working for me. Here is an example with a character Wicked Ikemen without and with the muscularity dialed in. I have Windows 7 not 8. Also I am 1 service release behind for Poser Pro Game Dev.... maybe its something about that install if you have already upgraded recently??

muscularity_added.jpg
    723 x 852 - 166K
    muscularity_off.jpg
    723 x 852 - 159K
  • edited January 2015

MrPoser:

I did recently go to the latest SR. I don't recall if that was before or after newly installed morphs stopped working. I don't know how to roll back updates? SimonWM offers that DAZ3D works hard to keep compatibility with Poser, surely they did betas on the updates?

I have also installed some Python scripts in the last month or two, and wonder if that might have caused this?

Surely I cannot be the only person with this problem?

ADD: The morphs work fine in DS as installed in Poser.

edited December 1969

I may do my upgrade today... just lazy.... Smith Micro makes you jump thru hoops to reorder their sr upgrades and freebies so I usually wait till I see the need to upgrade.

edited December 1969

I upgraded to the latest Poser Game Dev SR and still no problem with the muscularity morphs. You might try to reinstall the DSON Poser importer.. or wait to see what the DAZ techie guys suggest.

• edited December 1969

Mr. Poser:

I have now re-installed DSON importer five times. I have spent 20(+) hours trying to figure out what is wrong. So far I only know that everything is installed correctly and that DSON/Genesis 2/and certain morph sets are not sufficiently compatible with my system to work in Poser Pro Game Dev (on my computer).

I have a ticket in with technical support, but I have only received an automated response from them that suggests I read their blog for help, which did not help.

I am starting to return products that don't work for me, which is sad, but I cannot afford to buy things that don't work.

The products from DAZ3D that do not work for me are:

Ghost of Macbeth Morphs for Genesis 2 Male(s) by GhostofMacbeth
    Malevolent Lee 6 by Sickleyield
    Tongue Control for Genesis 2 Male(s) and Female(s) by Zev0
    Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 2 Male(s) by Simon WM
    Genesis 2 Male(s) Expressions & Face aniBlocks by SimonWM
    Dwarf Creator for Genesis 2 Male(s) by smay

MASSIVE Morphs for Genesis 2 Male(s) by RawArt seems to work correctly.

I bought and installed all of these since early December.

edited December 1969

Sorry LKendall .... that must be really frustrating for you. To be honest I don't use DSON very much in Poser but I can get Genesis and Genesis 2 products to work in Poser but its slow and not very stable ( my desktop is rather old circa 2008/2009). However I own most of the products on your list and they are worth keeping to use in DAZ Studio which is where I usually do my renders with Genesis and Genesis 2 characters.

I hope you can find your answers.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited January 2015

Check all of your runtimes to make sure threre aren't duplicate Genesis 2 files floating around. Someone either here or at R'osity posted a problem, and discovered that DIM was installing duplicates of some content to another runtime (it might even have been the Poser program folder runtime, but i dont recall all of the details).

I haven't had any issues myself, and hope you get it straightened out... :(

Post edited by WandW on
  • edited December 1969

WandW:

Hi!. Thanks for the suggestion, I will check into it.

Technical support informs me that there are some issues for some people with the newest PP 2014 SR. I guess this would probably involve the Game Dev version as well.

Does anyone know how to switch back to the last SR version of PP 2014/ Game Dev? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

LMK

edited December 1969

tI believe you just need to rerun the installer for the previous SR. I recall that's how Baggisnbill said he did it for checking regressions in beta testing...

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,605
    edited December 1969

Hi there, I saw that you were having some problem with my morph but I have confirmed it worked for me. Hope you figure it out, and if you do so, please let me know.

• edited December 1969

Hi GhostOfMacbeth:

No your morphs do not work in Poser Pro Game Dev on my system. I have no answer yet as to what can be done about it.

I tried installing an earlier version of PP Game Dev last night, and tried deleting any stray files installed in other runtimes and in the Win 8 Users subdirectories, but nothing has made the slightest difference.

The only word I have so far is that the situation is being looked into. It seems I have stepped into a hole in DSON compatibility with Poser, and there is not at this time a solution.

It looks like I will return a lot of products, though I don't have any idea what I will use store credit for now.

LMK

• edited December 1969

Well, DAZ3D technical support says that Poser broke the DSON Importer, and I need to contact them to get it fixed.

So much for Poser compatibility, which is a pay your money and take your chances proposition. :(

At this point I can not recommend Poser Pro Game Dev, Genesis/Genesis 2 products, and DSON Importer content.

It might work for you, and it certainly might not.

My best shot will be the Poser community. They remain the most innovative problems solvers in my experience. And of course new and very well made content like Dawn and Dusk (which are remarkably Poser compatible).

lmk

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

Is it only Poser Game Dev that's broken it or all versions running this particular SR? Because I have PP2014 and the latest service release and lately I've noticed the importer seems to run right but often buggers up some of my Genesis scene files. I thought that was because I'd had to re-install everything after the last bit of maintenance on my system and maybe put some stuff in the wrong place or whatever. Been trying to figure out what went wrong all week, but if it's a bad SR that's borking things up we'll all have to go see SM for the fix.

And hope when/if we get one that it doesn't kill something else. Sheesh!

• edited December 1969

There seem to be a lot of tight lips about this, but PP2014/Game Dev SR 5.1 seems to cause issues with DAZ3D DSON Importer. I have seen scant reports that others are having various issues with Genesis/ Genesis 2/ DSON Importer content.

Seeing that I am stalled at trying to get content that I paid for, and which advertised compatibility with Poser through the DSON Importer, to work as it should, I have not personally had time to see if this service release will screw up my saved scenes.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll fiddle around with it some more and see what it does. The scene problems I'm having seem to be with the ones made prior to the last two updates (several months old) but so far work I did using Genesis and G2 Male yesterday seems to open and load ok.

• edited December 1969

Folks:

Eureka! Reinstalling did not work, but deleting my PP2014 directory and then installing Poser again did work. Now the new morphs are working. I will have to do without the SR 5.1 updates until DAZ3D and SmithMicro/Poser make their peace again.

Thanks everyone for your help.

lmk

edited December 1969

I wonder if the DSON importer is saving its temporary files in the Poser Program folder, and by doing this you deleted its temporary files. The down side is that if this is the case, saved scenes may not load properly.

I have mine set to save the temp files in my Daz content runtime.....