Faster loading speed with bonus installed products viewer

thenoobduckythenoobducky Posts: 68
edited August 2021 in Freebies

I have been working on this program to make it easier to select which files to add to Daz to make the character loading process quicker. It also doubles as an installed product viewed that lets you scale the thumbnails so it is easier to see. 

Previously, it only works with content installed via DIM/Central. Now I have got the selective load file part working with manually installed contents, with inspiration from here. Product gallery still relies on Daz metadata so only works with products installed via DIM/Central.

The program download link and the source code and guide.

The only limitations are it only works on Windows and you need to turn developer mode on or run it as admin.

Tip: I would still recommend separating out the stuff you commonly used into a separate folder and keep that permanently added as a base directory and then add any other directory as you need them.

Edit: Latest Version is V1.10.0, This should be feature complete.

Post edited by thenoobducky on

Comments

• Sensual ArtSensual Art Posts: 641
    edited August 2021

Could use a few screenshots in github pages to showcase the features and utility.

Also you don't need to edit the post to update it for every release. Just use the /releases/latest path instead of referring  the version number. So you can use a permalink for the latest release version /releases/latest/download/file-name.zip

Post edited by Sensual Art on
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Yea I could use some instructions before I try to use this so I don't mess up my files

• thenoobduckythenoobducky Posts: 68
    edited August 2021

mrinal said:

Could use a few screenshots in github pages to showcase the features and utility.

Also you don't need to edit the post to update it for every release. Just use the /releases/latest path instead of referring  the version number. So you can use a permalink for the latest release version /releases/latest/download/file-name.zip

Thanks for the suggestions.

Post edited by thenoobducky on
  • jedijudd said:

Yea I could use some instructions before I try to use this so I don't mess up my files

I have added instructions here. One major advantage of the program is it doesn't modify any of the existing files, thus is safe to use. Worst case you just have to delete the files it created. 

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

thenoobducky said:

jedijudd said:

I have added instructions here. One major advantage of the program is it doesn't modify any of the existing files, thus is safe to use. Worst case you just have to delete the files it created. 

Thank you I will give it  a try 

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

can't dig in now, but clearly some thought and effort have gone into this - thanks in advance for your efforts.

--ms