Poker Chip & Card Caddy Freebie by TJS - designed for FeralFey's Poker Play

tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
edited August 2021 in Freebies

Someone wanted a poker chip and card caddy for FeralFey's Poker Play, so I whipped this up!

Per request, I've kept the poly count to a minimum, at 354 polys, with no associated texture maps, just a 'color' shader on a unified surface as seen in the image above.  This was done to help minimize rendering load and scene size a bit.  Feel free to apply other texture shaders if you so wish.  It is a single piece prop with one surface group, although you could use the geometry editor to create diferent color zones if you were so inclined.

Two 7zip files are attached, an 'Empty' .duf version as seen at right, and a 'Preload' .duf version which is configured as seen at the left.  You'll need FeralFey's Poker Play for the Preload version, which can be found in the Daz3d.com store here.

https://www.daz3d.com/feralfey-s-poker-play

Again, feel free to apply other texture maps to the Poker Play chips as appropriate!  Those aren't part of this freebie anyways.

The empty version is for those that want to put various chip and card assets into the caddy of course!

Simply place the .duf files inside of the attached 7zip files into your scene subsets folder, or wherever you usually place scene subsets.  Then 'merge into scene' as needed.

Everything has been grouped into a single node in the Preload version, with subgroups.  The chips 'stacks' are stacked 3 high, and grouped so that you can hide part of each triple stack' as needed, or just hide each triple stack. 

Unrestricted usage, contents not authorized for redistribution.  Ask me if you have questions.

If there's interest, I might consider making a smoother higher poly version, or an actual 'prop' obj file down the road, but I figure that most people will just want the preload version anyways.  The .duf files are tiny, so easy peasy I say. 

I actually like how this turned out though, with the squared edges and octagonal chip holders!  I was going for that 'single piece of vacuum molded plastic' kind of look.  It looks rather interesting with transparent plastic shaders, but of course that'll add to render overhead...

Enjoy!

TJS

wink

Poker_Chip_Card_CaddybyTJS_Promo.jpg
800 x 450 - 109K
7z
7z
PokerChipCardCaddybyTJS_Empty.7z
7z
7z
PokerChipCardCaddybyTJS_FFPPlayPreload.7z
Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on