Retired - somebody wanted to replace it with instructions, why I don't know.

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
edited September 2021 in Freebies

Sharecg link  link retired

Apparently somebody is confused about Content folders and thought they needed to put up a detailed explanation on how to merge folders. The only way I can clear up unwanted comments is to remove the item.

For the record there is a long history with Daz Studio going from the use of "Content" to "My Library" and now again there is a "Content" folder in the product downloads. Contents of the Content folder are placed in My Library. So conceptually "Content" is the equal to "My Library" ... the contents of which are merged into the contents of the main My Library or wherever one has unloaded all the content they are using in Daz Studio. To recap: a long time ago freebies were released in "Content" folders, then they came to be released in "My Library" folders ... then changes were made and once again "Content" folders appeared. Now, chances are, well you know the odds, that if all of us turned our freebies of "My Library" folders back into "Content" folders --- the system would then be morphed back to using "My Library" folders ... so like, no.

All 3rd party downloads should be unzipped to a holding folder to be virus checked, to be verified that all the required folders/content is where it should be ... and then merged into whichever existing My Library folder one is using for Daz Studio and this is NOT the folder in the Program Folder(s).

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• Someone had requested brow whiskers as well ... so I made a quick draft of some ... they are uploaded at sharecg.com. {when I had all the links handy apparently the forum went down, so anyhow ...}