Basic Skullcap with 'as is' Frizz Hair for Genesis

Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
edited August 2021 in Freebies

Made while drafting a tutorial so this is a share "as is" ... modeled to the base Genesis figure, hopefully it will follow along to whichever character Genesis is morphed to.

These are separate items so yes they can be used alone or with each other. The hair was made for the skullcap so becareful with closeups as the hair may appear to be off the head a little [if skullcap not used]. No morphs, no textures, included. Everything has a uvmap. The skullcap has a nice one with room on the page for future hair strips [not yet made]. However the uvmaps for the hair are "as is" from the plugin used to create it - they do overlap - I suggest using plain colours or imaginative images.

Have included a few 3Delight and Iray material presets.

May be used for commercial and non-commercial image renders, still or animated.

The hair mesh is not for redistribution. The skullcap is not for redistribution as it is - it may be used as a starter to make your own skullcaps or whatever - and your new work can be redistributed. It started life as a sphere, nothing super special.

The hair is NOT DForce friendly [it exploded].

Sharecg.com link

Skull Cap with Frizz.png
1000 x 1000 - 1M
Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
    edited September 2021

And here's a render with it in action!

Freebie mask by somebody over at R[unmentionable in this forum apparently].

Pose and set freebies by Richard 'n Tracy.

Careful opening closet doors.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • Boy, that lighting is quite something, and the overall image gives an impression of a totally unhinged personality. Must admit I wouldn't appreciate coming across that sight in a doorway...
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,241
    edited September 2021

My 1st attempt for that scene all the set rendered "white" ... and like, hmm, no. So I added some colour and or images to everything to get a darker appearance.

Used the usual 1 professional light preset plus one emission sphere.

Somehow I don't think I need to worry too much about people stealing my work lol ... not sure where I'm on the ladder [of being the forum's worst renderer] now but I do know that it's not the bottom rung anymore :-)

• Definitely not the bottom rung, definitely. I always feel there is only one person who needs to feel happy about a piece, and that's the person who did it. It's a bonus if anyone else does too.
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Catherine3678ab said:

The hair is NOT DForce friendly [it exploded].

If one manages to apply a weightmap to the hair(s) at the point(s) where it/they meet the skull cap and then uses the proper dForce settings, it doesn't explode... BUT (and a big but...) applying the weightmap (or rather building it from scratch) is a pita... usually I only managed to catch only about 90% of the single hairs, so depending on the pose up to 10% started falling down to the ground like really ugly dandruff.

But it's possible to dForce... wink

• You're teasing me aren't you!

The hair I make that I consider MIGHT be easy to use with dForce already has the hair welded to the skullcap which is normally then somewhere inside the figure's head.