Warrior (aka Roy Batty from "Blade Runner") for G8.1M. Head morph only.

2»

Comments

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Agreed. These are "out of the box" eyebrows. I couldn't find any others that would be closer to the real thing.

I'm still working on the head. I'd like it to be still closer to the original. I don't know if I'll succeed though...

AOBB

While I'm updating my links to the gallery with my morphs... I'm very proud of this fairly recent one:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=album401753&image=1246812

I tweaked the Warrior's lower face and nose for this render, I admit.

I hope you like it!

AOBB

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

AOBB said:

While I'm updating my links to the gallery with my morphs... I'm very proud of this fairly recent one:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=album401753&image=1246812

I tweaked the Warrior's lower face and nose for this render, I admit.

I hope you like it!

spot on, he looks more Dutch than usual even for him there.

AOBB

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited November 2022

I watched this movie for the 1st time ever last night, despite having bought the DVD way back in 1999 not long after DVDs first came out. It was very interesting in the look of the sets and lighting. I think it must be were StoneMason gets much of his inspiration. The action was too gory in places, I had to look away at times. I liked how the ending of Batty was handled as it was completely unusual for any sort of modern movie. Deckard with his love interest Replicant Sean (forgot the movie character name already!) was expected though.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

This is great news, nonesuch00! I'm so glad you got to watch "Blade Runner"!  smiley Yes, "Blade Runner" inspired countless other movies and artwork. Stonemason's "Wonderland" definitely has a BR vibe to it.

I agree that the movie could be less gory and put more emphasis on the noir elements instead. Deckard's love interest's name was Rachael, btw. While them coming together was not unexpected at all, Rachael's character arc - not knowing who or what she was and which of her memories were real was very interesting and unusual. I wish Deckard was more sensitive towards Rachael. He was actually quite brutal with her at times - especially during the so-called love scene.

Batty's monologue on the rooftop, when he was dying is considered one of the greatest, most poetic (if short) monologues in cinematic history and the interesting part is that Rutger Hauer came up with it himself. It was also his idea to imbue his ruthless replicant character with very human qualities - his love of poetry, imagination, wicked sense of humor are all Rutger's contribution. He turned a simple killing machine into a very complex and relatable being.

The twist at the end of the movie, when Deckard finds the unicorn on the floor in front of hs apartment is also a great touch. I don't know which version of the movie you have seen. Certainly not the final cut, if your dvd is from 1999. In the final cut, Deckard at one point sits by the piano and daydreams - he sees in his dream state a whte unicorn. The fact that Gaff put the unicorn origami by Deckard's front door is very telling. Gaff (Edward James Olmos) knew Deckard's thoughts just like Deckard knew Rachael's. I will leave it to you to draw the conclusion. I would suggest getting the final cut boxset and watching all the bonus materials. It is mindblowingly fascinating.

Again, I'm glad you got to watch BR. You made my day! yes smiley

Cheers,

AOBB