Mouth Harp Freebie

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,498
edited October 2021 in Freebies

Many years ago I bought a little instrument known in my region of England as a 'Jew's Harp'. Came as a surprise to me that the name is a regional variation, and it's more commonly known as a 'Jaws Harp' or 'Mouth Harp' elsewhere.

Anyway, I had several years of making noises with it. I won't say 'Making Music' with it, because I am almost entirely un-musical, but I did enjoy myself. I very much doubt if anyone in hearing range enjoyed it, which is why I usually ensured I was alone before I played it. However, I did enjoy playing. Eventually the lamella fatigued and broke off, so that was the end of it.

This freebie, then, is my tribute to my little 'Mouth Harp', hope you get a little fun from it . The lamella is so small, I didn't think it worth rigging or putting in morphs for playing it. The material is a variation on the DAZ Uber Silver shader, darkened off a bit.

There are two methods of loading, one as a simple prop. The second is as a wearable preset for G8F. It poses the upper and lower face rig for the character's lips, head, neck, upper chest, arms and hands to pose G8F to hold the instrument in the right place. To use the wearable preset, select G8F before clicking on the library item.

In my imagination, it's the sort of thing you've been waiting impatiently for years for it to appear.. ;-). In reality, I hope it's of some use to someone, anyone, anyone at all.

Regards,

Richard

Mouth Harp Ad.jpg
800 x 800 - 406K
zip
zip
Mouth Harp.zip
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 619

Thank you for this lovely freebie. In French this little instrument is named guimbarde...

• Thank you. I shall try to remember the name. My spoken French is not good, and I can't understand the spoken word at normal speaking speeds, but I can read and understand television subtitles at normal speaking speeds, so I probably just need a lot more practice. And thinking in French while in France would help a lot. Regards, Richard.
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

For those who don't know lol don't feel bad cause I had to look it up.