DSON importer and genesis

marsoudamarsouda Posts: 9
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I have just updated Poser 9 to Poser 10 and dson importer is in the menu. Starters essentials are in the content poser 10 folder, everything is ok, but when I want to open genesis it doen't work ; nothing appears on my screen. Dson begins to download and stop.
Can someone helps me please ? Thanks

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

What do you mean by "download" - load the content into Poser? Have you installed both parts of the Stsrter Essentials sets you are using - PoserCF and core? The latter has the geometry (and the textures) while the former is just the Poser library files.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

And did you try to disable the Show Progress bar?
    Scripts / DSON / Importer preferences

• marsoudamarsouda Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

What do you mean by "download" - load the content into Poser? Have you installed both parts of the Stsrter Essentials sets you are using - PoserCF and core? The latter has the geometry (and the textures) while the former is just the Poser library files.

By download I mean that dson begins to open genesis and stop and nothing appears on my screen. I've installed poser CF and core, both in poser content runtime folder

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    And did you try to disable the Show Progress bar?
    Scripts / DSON / Importer preferences

Yes I did but it's the same

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

marsouda said:

By download I mean that dson begins to open genesis and stop and nothing appears on my screen. I've installed poser CF and core, both in poser content runtime folder

Sorry to ask stupid questions:
    Your Poser content runtime folder doesn't happen to be inside your C:\programs folder - I hope.

edited December 1969

Also, make sure that the Data folder from the core ended up alongside the Runtime folder, not in a folder named Content and not inside the Runtime or any other sub-folder.

edited December 1969

Also, make sure that the Data folder from the core ended up alongside the Runtime folder, not in a folder named Content and not inside the Runtime or any other sub-folder.

I'm sorry but don't understand which data folder from the core you're speaking about ? Can you tell me exactly where I can find this folder please ? Thank you in advance

edited December 1969

The actual "data" folder, that is its name.

edited December 1969

The actual "data" folder, that is its name.

May be I'm not really clever but you're speaking about data folder in Programm X86 in Smith micro ? I'm sorry but I don't really understand

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

In the Genesis Starter Essentials zip there is a folder named Content. Inside that there are several subfolders, the important ones being Runtime and Data.

Is your Runtime in Program Files (x86)? If so, the DSON Importer won't work, as the content location needs to be writeable.