Character works in Daz but not in Poser

edited February 2015 in Poser Discussion

Hi all,

I have some problem loading Lee 6 in Poser. When I loaded him in Daz3d, it works just fine, but when I loaded him in Poser, it came out differently. I think it has got something to do with the file structure but I don't know how to fix it. Can anyone help?

Images removed

Poser_Lee6.jpg
523 x 588 - 36K
DAZ_Lee6.jpg
523 x 588 - 53K
Post edited by jason_yu_4fead9c705 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Images removed (you could probably show the issue with just a head-and-shoulders Image) and moved to Poser Discussion.

Are you using the same content directories for Poser and DS? Did you install lee to the same location as the base Genesis 2 Male?

• edited December 1969

Hi Richard,

Yes, I am using the same content directories for poser and DS. All my characters are under the following directory

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ People

I can see my Lee6.cr2 file is there, but i just can't bring out the character in Poser. Any idea?

Thanks
    Jason

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Do you have C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Lee 6?

• edited December 1969

I do....please see images below

Lee6_file_structure.jpg
    1223 x 1160 - 384K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well ... he works for me. Apart from looking for a Gianni6EyesB.jpg ... he looks like Lee6.

What happens if you load the Genesis 2 Base Male and dial Lee in?
    Set
    Actor / Full Body / People / Real World / Lee 6 Body
    and
    Head / People / Real World / Lee 6 Head
    to 1

There is a Materials folder to get the Texture with and without SSS on Lee
    Runtime\libraries\Materials\DAZ Genesis 2 Male\Lee 6
    (they are asking for the Gianni6EyesB.jpg too ... sigh - going to write a bug report ...)

Lee6PP2014.jpg
    645 x 576 - 36K
  • edited December 1969

Thank you Kerya. I tried to load it either way. Load Lee 6 directly, and load Genesis 2 Male and then dial Lee 6 parameters in Head and in Actor...both way didn't work.

I am thinking to reinstall the character. Is there a way to uninstall my existing character? Can anyone show me how?

Thanks a lot guys