UPDATED: Skidress for Genesis 2 Female

Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191
edited March 2015 in Freebies

Hi All
Finally, I finished my first piece of clothing for G2 Female.
It was originally intended for the cute Gingersnap Model.

The Model is available here:
http://www.sharecg.com/v/79759/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-2-Female-Skidress

Hope you like it, sorry it's not perfect. It has 3 Morophs to open the Jacket and one to
fit boots to the trousers. It's still trial and error.

Have a nice time.
Cheers
Beat

UPDATE: 03.01.2015 added 2 Material files, one for the "normal" Skidress, one for Sci-Fi Environments with kind of Space Suit Logos.

Gingersnap_SkidressFur.jpg
808 x 715 - 180K
Post edited by Beat578 on

Comments

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

this Looks awesome! thank you :)

• mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

wowstunning...thanks you so much!

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

beat578 said:
    Hope you like it, sorry it's not perfect.

Are you kidding us? It is excellent! I thought it is a promo for a purchasable set! Many, many thanks and congrats. I hope you will continue to make clothes - I've already subscribed to your ShareCG account :).

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

Wow, what can I add? Very, very impressive work. Thank you for sharing!

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Nice! Thanks! She looks a bit like she's an astronaut in an on-board uniform. That's how I intend to use it in any event. My G2 female is already jumping for joy! Thnx again!!

• Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    Nice! Thanks! She looks a bit like she's an astronaut in an on-board uniform. That's how I intend to use it in any event. My G2 female is already jumping for joy! Thnx again!!

Thats a cool idea. You could even replace the badges in the textures folder with more appropriate ones... Glad you like it.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Stunning! Thank you!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,744
    edited February 2015

Very nice. Really like all the details and the wrinkles in the fabric, which plays great with the light. I did a quick UberEnv2 render in DAZStudio on G2F, hid the fur to speed up the render a bit and adjusted the ambient on the textures to bring out the folds.

And I agree this is a great versatile outfit with plenty of uses from winter wear to sci-fi "uniform" possibilities. Big Thanks!

beats-scifi-skisuit.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 203K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited February 2015

Hey all.
    Thanks for all the compliments, i never thought that it would be such a success. Well, it's back to the drawing board then, i already have 4 or 5 pieces of clothing that i photographed in detail and try to reconstruct in MD. (Some different jackets, some for the between season like a bit a thiker jeans jacket). I'll keep you posted.

If you want to use it as a Sci-Fi Uniform, you can search for the batches in the Textures folder and alter them. I try to create some cool ones, but i'll be away for a week now, so you have to wait a little...

I'm happy you like the dress, DAZ is a great place to be and you all deserve it, because all the stunning models that you all keep coming since a long time really really inspired me for ages already!

See you soon, I'll keep you informed about new clothes...

By the way: If you want to know what the "Real" Jacket looks like: Here's a pic of the real thing i tried to rebuild.

Mercia-White.jpg
    228 x 228 - 7K
    Post edited by Beat578 on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

This is really yoour first one ... I'm impressed! Which program did you use for modelling? I'm just curious (and a little jealous with a look on my own tries ;) ).

edited December 1969

This is really yoour first one ... I'm impressed! Which program did you use for modelling? I'm just curious (and a little jealous with a look on my own tries ;) ).

I use marvelous Designer 4. It's Great. Not very cheap but worth it. I had few weeks to model and fit the cloth, exported it as obj and used the tools in daz studio to create the cloth. Most important is, that u use the normal Start pose of g2, or it will end in a horrible mess when u use the transfer tool... But of fiddling with the joint editor and that's it. But I admit I spent nearly as much time to convert the obj to a useful cloth than to model it initially...
    edited December 1969

I updated the file, it has 2 Material files now, one for the SKi Jacket, one for a Sci-Fi Set for those that want to use it in space...
    You can download V2 on Sharecg, if you want to use the new materials.

GIngersnap_Skidress_Space.jpg
    808 x 715 - 350K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oh my goodness, how did I not find this before???

this is brilliant - a real world clothing item that still looks ultra cool :)

THANK YOU!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Brilliant...thank you very much!