Question about the manipulator

Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I noticed that sometimes when working on a model and I select a point or edge the manipulator changes shape and appears a little distorted as if its been flattened a bit. But when I select a face it reverts back to its normal shape. So what I've been wondering is, erm, ...what have I done this time?

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Some screen caps will help understand your problem better:)

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
    edited February 2015

Roygee said:
    Some screen caps will help understand your problem better:)

Alrightie, I tried the little camera icon on the bottom right of Hexagon but the manipulator didn't appear in the cap so I hit PrtScn to get one. The resolution's a bit low but here's the manipulator on the same area of what I was working on. It appears this only occurs while in Manipulator Initialization Mode/Selection Mode. In World and Bbox mode the manipulator is it's normal shape. So it must be a normal function of the Selection Mode that I'm not aware of. :P

Sometimes the manipulator is even more distorted and flattened than whats in this cap while selecting a point or edge.

point_edge_face.jpg
    484 x 1003 - 51K
    Post edited by Sky Hndx on
    edited December 1969

Yes, what you are seeing is normal - depending on your angle of view and which working plane you are using, the manipulator can appear to be perspective-foreshortened.

If this is a problem, you can rotate the 3D view to get a better angle, switch to camera mode, or define a user working plane.

See page 29 of the manual onward for a full explanation. The manual should be in the same folder as your installation, under docs.

I'm not normally a RTFM person, but in this case it would be better than me giving a long explanation :)

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Yes, what you are seeing is normal - depending on your angle of view and which working plane you are using, the manipulator can appear to be perspective-foreshortened.

If this is a problem, you can rotate the 3D view to get a better angle, switch to camera mode, or define a user working plane.

See page 29 of the manual onward for a full explanation. The manual should be in the same folder as your installation, under docs.

I'm not normally a RTFM person, but in this case it would be better than me giving a long explanation :)

The FM in that folder was for second life sculpties and only went up to page 22. :blank:

...I'll google and find one somewhere

edited December 1969

There should be four files in there - the Sculpties manual, the Readme, the Hexagon manual and keyboard shortcuts.

You can get it by following this link https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/122228-Hexagon-User-s-Guide and scrolling down to Al Peterson's post. You can also get a handy users guide link at http://bio.attitude.free.fr/SOPHIE/HexagonTutorialUS.pdf