Launching Hexagon Revisited Problem

winddancer6440winddancer6440 Posts: 49
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

So I brought Hexagon revisited the other day, downloaded it with install manager and also as a manual install.
Problem is I do not know how to launch the tutorials. They do not show up in Daz Studio or in Hexagon.

Comments

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited March 2015

I don't have this one but I do have the one of their other training videos. If I get this wrong hopefully someone else will drop in and point you in the right direction.

Go to your C drive and navigate to - Users, Public, Public Documents, My Daz 3D Library, General, DreamLight.

From there open either MP4 or WMV folders and choose which video you want to watch.

Personally I have put the MP4 files onto a DVD so they are backed up and I can watch them from there instead.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

So I brought Hexagon revisited the other day, downloaded it with install manager and also as a manual install.
    Problem is I do not know how to launch the tutorials. They do not show up in Daz Studio or in Hexagon.

Just to add to what John has said.... Anything that you download with the DIM (DAZ Install Manager) creates a list of where it put everything. Go to the Installed tab, right click on the item you are looking for, select 'Show Installed Files' and that will show you the path to where everything was installed to.
  • kaloshilokaloshilo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thanks, this has helped me out a lot. They need to post where you can launch the items you purchased. I happened to Google and found this post. C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Dreamlight\Hexagon Revisited - MP4

• LegalizeAdulthoodLegalizeAdulthood Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

AFAIK, Hexagon isn't enabled to install with Install Manager. When I got it from the store, it was only available as a manual download and manual install. After installing it, you should have shortcuts in the standard Windows Start menu, etc. That's what I got when I installed it on Windows 7 anyway.

edited December 1969

Sorry, jemorrison was having problems with a training video - Hexagon Revisited - http://www.daz3d.com/hexagon-revisited-create-models-money

edited December 1969

D'oh! Thanks for explaining that to me :)

edited December 1969

No problem. How are you getting on with Hexagon with Windows 7 ?

It is working fine for me. Not sure if I have the extra memory patch thingy (as you might tell, I'm no techy) set up properly, as the only problem I have is when a project gets a tad big.

edited December 1969

I'm still at the n00b stage of being a modeler :). I am learning basic modeling techniques, but I'm also interested in touch-up work on models obtained from AutDesk's 123D. I haven't tried that yet, so I have no idea what surprises I will find!