Charming for G8.1F. 1940's Hollywood style beauty. Head morph. No textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited April 2022 in Freebies

Edit: Please download this morph from here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/562301/aobb-s-hollywood-glamour-and-other-older-head-morphs-with-teeth-fixed#latest

The link above (first post in the thread) contains zip files to my updated characters with some fixed issues - in this case teeth and inner mouth that were misshapen and I also corrected some features that were out of proportion (cranium size and nose size for example).

Charming is the last female head in the Hollywood Glamour series. This morph can be used in noncommercial and commercial projects. Please be so kind and give me credit when using the head morph in commercial projects.

The products I used in the promo images below are:

Frivolous Forties

Aristocracies for Frivolous Forties

Natural Eyes II for G8.1F and G8.1M

Boss Pro Light Set for Portraits and Promos

Low Updo Hair for G3F and G8F

Materials Wizard

Beautiful Brows II

Lashes Utilities for G2,3,8

I hope you like this character. Please let me know what you think! smiley

Enjoy! 

AOBB

Charming F.png
571 x 747 - 2M
Charming TQ.png
574 x 747 - 666K
Charming P.png
610 x 745 - 2M
zip
zip
Charming for G8.1F.zip
3M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited December 2021

thanks, it's super work (reminds me of Elizabeth Montgomery)

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

@nonesuch00yes smiley

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 951

You are very good at making these characters. Glamorous, Alluring and now Charming are all very beautiful models. May I ask what texture you used for this character?

@nabob21 - I used the same texture on all three characters - Victoria 7's for G3F texture Face 05 but I photoshoped out everything from it except for the blush (I removed the entire lips too). The eye Makeup was done using Materials Wizard (available at DAZ store) and the lips are from the original, base G8.1F with red added to the base color slot of the G8.1F lips material in the Surface tab. 

I used the same process for all three characters.

Thanks for appreciating my work! smiley

AOBB

• alkenalken Posts: 253

Thank you for the 3 beauties, can't wait to see your males!

@alken - Thank you! It will be a longer while but the male morphs will eventually arrive. smiley

AOBB said:

@alken - Thank you! It will be a longer while but the male morphs will eventually arrive. smiley

Well that will be good.

I'd like to see Diana Rigg of The Avengers, The Miss Fisher Mysteries, and many other shows. And Patrick MacNeel, her sidekick in The Avengers.

@nonesuch00 - I don't think I could do a good Patrick MacNee without HD, which I have no access to as I am not a PA. Essie Davis has an interesting face. I'd say I would be more inclined to do her than Diana Rigg. Well that is all so far in the future (if ever) that I'm not thinking about this seriously for now.

For now renders of two characters I've been working on (WIP). Sorry about the terrible lashes on the guy on the left. I don't think he will be part of the Hollywood Glamour collection but maybe I'll upload him as a separate character. The other guy in the suit looks pretty good to me and I think he will make the cut. He has the look I've been after. This is what I'm working on now before I leave for two months. I think I'll upload all three male "Stars" at the same time. smiley

Classy F.png
    498 x 749 - 1M
    Sophisticated F.png
    524 x 735 - 1M
  • I think that the quality of the sculpt is most impressive. I'd be happy to do something 1/10th as good...

Regards

Richard

Thank you, Richard. blush It really is 90% practice and 10% talent. I'm serious. Anyone can learn to do this. It is in a large part about training the eye to read photos and having some basic understanding of the proportions of the human head. 

I wouldn't be able to do the poses you do for example. We all have our own area of expertise... smiley

edited December 2021

AOBB said:

@nonesuch00 - I don't think I could do a good Patrick MacNee without HD, which I have no access to as I am not a PA. Essie Davis has an interesting face. I'd say I would be more inclined to do her than Diana Rigg. Well that is all so far in the future (if ever) that I'm not thinking about this seriously for now.

For now renders of two characters I've been working on (WIP). Sorry about the terrible lashes on the guy on the left. I don't think he will be part of the Hollywood Glamour collection but maybe I'll upload him as a separate character. The other guy in the suit looks pretty good to me and I think he will make the cut. He has the look I've been after. This is what I'm working on now before I leave for two months. I think I'll upload all three male "Stars" at the same time. smiley

Yeah, sorry. I was more just chit-chatting then seriously asking you to do Rigg & MacNeel; although you are right; I'm not sure how old MacNeel was in The Avengers but you would need HD for all those years of laugh lines. I didn't even realize they made a new Miss Fisher's Mystery! I found parts of the old one with Rigg quite scary.

Those are great male 40s star looks, the grey suit one in particular, probably because he's closer to looking 30s - 40s male lead than the one in the black & red sweater.

Enjoy your two month sabbatical!

What is the hair & the suit on the grey suit guy?

Hi, nonesuch00. I didn't realize you were chit-chatting. Sorry about that. smiley I didn't also realize there was an old Miss Fisher's Mystery with Diana Rigg at all! LOL .The new series with Essie Davis is very good and I never found it scary. Essie is brilliant in the title role. If you want to see how great her acting abilities are, compare her in Miss Fisher and Babadook (now that one is creepy scary!). That said Babadook is a serious psychological movie not just some "Boo!"-type scares. Essie also looks completely different in both roles.

The entire suit oufit in the rendering is Trading Floor for G3M. The only suit in the entire DAZ store I found acceptable. And the hair on the older guy is dForce Thadeus for G8M.

Cheers,

AOBB

AOBB said:

Hi, nonesuch00. I didn't realize you were chit-chatting. Sorry about that. smiley I didn't also realize there was an old Miss Fisher's Mystery with Diana Rigg at all! LOL .The new series with Essie Davis is very good and I never found it scary. Essie is brilliant in the title role. If you want to see how great her acting abilities are, compare her in Miss Fisher and Babadook (now that one is creepy scary!). That said Babadook is a serious psychological movie not just some "Boo!"-type scares. Essie also looks completely different in both roles.

The entire suit oufit in the rendering is Trading Floor for G3M. The only suit in the entire DAZ store I found acceptable. And the hair on the older guy is dForce Thadeus for G8M.

Cheers,

AOBB

thanks

No problem. :)

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876
    edited December 2021

I had some time and decided to try out Charming in BW. You really capture the details about the eyes and the mouth so well to reflect that 1940s look. It's a lovely morph again, thank you for sharing. The renders of the male morphs you've added above look really great too! : )

AOBB Charming BW Render.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 493K
    Post edited by SapphireBlue on
    edited December 2021

What a gorgeous image! So fun and "in character". You really made a... well... charming picture. wink I see you've got the frivolous forties attire with the Noir texture. Very stylish with the hat and dark curls. I like Charming's expression too. Subtle and feminine. You have definitely captured the spirit of the forties. smiley I hope I will see your take on Glamorous too!

Lovely work and thank you so much for sharing!

I'm glad you like my gentlemen. I'm working on them now until I leave on Sunday. Afterwards, I'm not sure I'll have access to all my DAZ software to continue the work. I certainly won't have much time to sit all day trying to create a clean cut, lean-faced 1940's male star. There is something intagible about their faces. I'm trying to capture that but it proves elusive. This is much harder for me than creating the ladies. Well, practice makes perfect and I will try to find a way during my two months away to continue creating the male morphs. Making them look mature is proving very problematic for me.

Here is the latest variation of the man in the grey suit (that sounds somewhat ominous, doesn't it? LOL):

Dashing Front.png
    708 x 950 - 718K
    Post edited by AOBB on
  • Thank you so much AOBB! I was excited to finally have the opportunity to use the Frivolous Forties outfit. : ) After reading your comment, I decided to do a render with Glamorous right away! I really enjoy doing BW renders.

The man in the grey suit (if it wasn't a business suit, that'd be a good start for a detective novel with some ominous undertones?) looks so different from the previous version that they could very easily be two morphs. Yes, I can imagine it's harder to get the male morphs right and make them look mature too. After seeing these, I feel like using my morph packs to model something after Gregory Peck. :D Maybe at some point...

I look forward to your male morphs when you return and have time for this again. Safe travels!

edited December 2021

I think your new iteration is good. He reminds me a little bit of that "Bob, the pipe smoking science teacher from the 50s" guy so you are on the right track. And it could just be the lighting and zoom level of the 1st grey suit bust portrait but he looked more "40s sophisticate" to me. It's probably because the new render doesn't have the even younger sweater guy right next to me now.

Bob Science Teacher.png
    475 x 700 - 200K

Love your comments, guys! I'm also glad I talked you, SapphireBlue, into doing a rendering of Glamorous. Very cool. Thank you for the "safe travel" wishes.

I have an entire folder with male stars from the forties and Gregory Peck is among them. What a guy! It's a pity I won't be doing any exact likenesses, because he would be such a pleasure to work with, but I want my Hollywood Glamour freebies to be also there for those who would like to use them in commercial projects, so no dead-on likenesses, unfortunately.

You are so funny with that science teacher guy, nonesuch00... laugh

• perlkperlk Posts: 854
    edited May 2022

@AOBB - just wanted to show you that I used your Charming morph in my latest render.

venetian-holiday.png
    1500 x 2121 - 5M
    Post edited by perlk on

Looking good, Perlk. I would only note that those vintage dress bags weren't so thick. You can check out their look on ebay. Bags by Koret for example. I believe they were more from the 50's and 60's but they are great examples of dress handbags.

I love your new dress texture! :)

Thanks for using my morphs and sharing your art with me!

AOBB

• perlkperlk Posts: 854

@AOBB - I cheated, the texture is eblank's! 

The purse I modeled after this: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/08/8e/a4/088ea414622d29455c6df09786de9907.jpg but you're right, it was not as thick at the sides. Oh, BOTHER...

No worries, perlk. This dress is so timeless that the handbag works with it anyway. My comment was only about historical accuracy.. smiley

I've missed those eblank textures. Where do I get them, please let me know. Thanks!

Cheers,

AOBB

Thanks to both Perlk and SapphireBlue for the eblank textures link!

• BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381

AOBB,

Here's one that I was just playing around with. Used the Alluring morph in a portrait style render. Hope this one's better than the old sex pot was.

Anyway, very nice work you do

@BronzeDragon - very lovely and subtle work. The dress is awesome and everything looks so romantic and natural. Definitely a far cry from the old dominatrix! laugh

Thank you so much for sharing! heart

AOBB 

• BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381

Seems like you liked this one better. That's good.

Should have mentioned before just in case anyone is interested:

Wilmap's Digital Creations (wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk) - dress

Sunny Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s) | Daz 3D - hair

Braid Bracelets for G3M, G3F, G8M, & G8F - DAZ Studio - ShareCG - bracelet

https://www.daz3d.com/hair-flower-for-genesis-8-and-81-females - flower

Earring Props (renderosity.com) - art deco earrings

tulip - lisa's botanicals at the other place (can't post the link)

Post work done in ON1 Effects 2019