PoserDAZ Freebie Site

2»

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

A free vinyl Lp records and sleeves collection, here is number 6: https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/91218/vinyl-lp-record-for-daz-studio-006

There are 5 more at the same place

Mozart_002_daz freebies.png
    996 x 746 - 1M
  • @DollyGirl -- I created an account on the wiki and tried to edit the Hair page to add a link, but I couldn't find a way to save my change. What am I missing?

--MW

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656

@rosseliani Thank you for pointing out your renderosity site. I have added your LPs to the Musical Resourses/Related Props pages under the subheadding Others. If you so desire you can create the pages for your freebies by creating an account. If you need help figuring out how to something I am here to answer your questions and get you on your way.

Well I gave an answer to you ModernWizard but DAZ ate the reply. So in short is try the Wiki again. Rob has set your persmissions to be autopartolled. You should now be good to go. If not tell me and we will noodle it.

• @DollyGirl -- thanks. I'll try again.

• @DollyGirl -- Whoo hoo, it worked! Just added a few links and banged out ~30 creator bios, including my own.

--MW

edited April 2022

I see my dear. Thank you. One observation. When you have an image for "freebie box" That is the code that is between the {{ }} and looks like the coding below. You only have to put the page name of the image file you uploaded. The freebiebox is actually a format routine for a freebie page. You just have to fill in the blanks. I have corrected your Ziggy Red Planet Arachnid page to reflect the way it should be. Thank you again for helping out.:

{{Freebiebox
     | title = Ziggy Red Planet Arachnid morph for Genesis
     | image = Rpa.jpg
     | caption = Image of Genesis 1 figure using Ziggy Red Planet Arachnid morph as well as Emaciated body morph.
     | Primary URL = https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=75406
     | Creator = ModernWizard
     | License = Non-commercial
     | Prerequisite 1 = [[Genesis]]
     | Prerequisite 2 = [[Daz Studio 4 Pro]]
    }}

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,498
    edited April 2022

Must admit I find it easier to prepare a new page offline and simply do a copy & paste into PoserDazFreebies, then look at the preview to make sure it's all gone correctly before saving the page. After that I upload the correct image by clicking on the red image link.

Getting close to the point where all my freebies are linked, currently only have M4<->G8 Pose Transfer Scripts to add and a few 'Related Items' links to add. It's something that has taken quite a bit longer than I had anticipated. @DollyGirl, I have no idea how you do things so fast. Simply amazing.

Regards,

Richard

ETA: I think that's all my freebies linked to on PoserDAZ now.. I have one or two Windows 32bit programs on my website but I'm not sure it has enough bandwidth to survive more than one or two downloads a day. There is a simple 8bit pngheight map -> obj terrain, obj->stl translator, stl->obj translator and a modeller aimed at Finite Element Analysis which also does modelling from scratch for rendering. 

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

DollyGirl said:

@rosseliani Thank you for pointing out your renderosity site. I have added your LPs to the Musical Resourses/Related Props pages under the subheadding Others. If you so desire you can create the pages for your freebies by creating an account. If you need help figuring out how to something I am here to answer your questions and get you on your way.

Thank you for adding my free stuff to the wiki. Should I now delete my last post in this thread?

@richardandtracy, my process of creating a page is the same as yours. Great minds eh.

@rosseliani no my dear no need to do that. This thread is talk about the wiki. Share conditions, locations and status. So you heads up was a good thing.

I thank you both for helping out.

Great job Richard. Oh my a stl to obj script. Brilliant. Good to know. I really can't say how much traffic there is generated by the wiki. Rob would be the one that would know.

Is that you rosseliani that just created an account on the wiki? 

• @DollyGirl -- I understand now. Thanks for correcting my error.

You are most welcome

edited April 2022

OK, that is most certainly all my content added, and reference to 3 Windows 32bit programs from my website too. The latter are a heightmap->OBJ terrain creator, an STL->OBJ convertor and an OBJ->STL convertor. I don't think I'll link to my modeller as it's very limited compared to Blender. I only use it because: 1) My AV software prevents me from using Blender, 2) I wrote it for me and 3) I can write such addons as I need.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on

Thank you Richard for helping out. I hope to see you around for other projects if time allows. You know give me an inch I will take a mile. But truely, I do thank you. When the wiki gets expanded it is a great thing.

edited May 2022

It has been over a month since the last update. There have been some echos in the halls of the wiki. richardandtracy has been hard at work appending pages of his most appriciated library of poses and props. We have had some help with updating the creator pages and I took a little break and have been treasure hunting. Some of you may know about the website called AniMotions. They were a large community that created freebies for all those fan art pieces out there. But before they came into being there was another site, The 3D Comic Collective. Based on some sluthing I find that it started around 2000, at least from what the Wayback Machine has told me. These would be the days when DAZ was Zygote and there was barely a Vickie to be seen.  Now 3DCC was a very busy site. Lots of contests and lots of freebies. So without more ado here are a few of those heros and heroines.

There are more in my gallery if you want to take a peek. here 3D Comic Collective

These and others will be listed on the wiki with download links and  instructions on how to use them in DAZ Studio and all of the requirements that you will need to make the characters load. So if you have an old version of Poser content laying around why not take a stroll through 3DCC and see just what our predecessors worked on back in the day and what you can find. Mind not all of the links will be good. There will be some that are lost forever.

Here is the link to the first page of downloads: The 3D Comic Collective Poser Downloads Page 1 (archive.org).

I will be adding the pages over the next couple of weeks on the wiki. I will update you as I get these guys in order.

Until next time. Have fun!

AofD-Gladiator.png
    500 x 650 - 231K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited May 2022

I'm stunned that any of the download links still function, but some actually do!

Here is a Poser 4 Nude Woman based Wonder Woman by a Mister X.  Her outfit  is based upon the Lynda Carter costume when the TV series moved from ABC to CBS and the time updated from World War Two to the "present day" of 1978.  The only major change I made was to swap out the Poser 3 "clay" hair for a product by Ali.  Obviously not "realistic" in any way conpared to contemporary meshes, but it might prove useful in a stylized composition.

Oh, this specific item can be dowmloaded from the 15th page, here...

https://web.archive.org/web/20010408043334/http://3d-cc.com/DL_pages/DL15.html

No, I didn't stay EVERY download, just a random few that caught my eye.  Of those, 9 were valid.  Not too bad considering the age of the site.

WW-Posette-J-1.jpg
    400 x 800 - 43K
    Post edited by Redfern on

Nice Redfern. I find that the things the artist added into the pz3 file, such as the wrist braces and the head band are something that can be used on newer models. These odd bits I find interesting and worthwhile. I say never to old.

That's why it's such a shame many freebie content providers remove the stuff from the web. It still works as well today with the old stuff as it ever did, and now the better tools mean it's possible to re-use the material for previously unknown characters.

Regards,

Richard