edited December 2021 in Freebies

-----

(Link removed by mod)

Post edited by BronzeDragon on

Comments

• Awe these are cute, I like them, thank you

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited December 2021

Please use a host that isn't advertising products on a rival store or just give the username the pack is under and the freebie name.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • BronzeDragon, sent you a forum message.
  • frank0314, removing a link to a freebie on Renderosity seems a bit of a shame. If you wish to be consistent across the whole forum, can I remind you that every post in every freebie competition entry in the last year or so has a link to a freebie at Renderosity that also needs to be removed. The effect on the competition will be totally catastrophic, but it will be consistent with your removal of the link above. Regards, Richard.
  • richardandtracy said:

frank0314, removing a link to a freebie on Renderosity seems a bit of a shame. If you wish to be consistent across the whole forum, can I remind you that every post in every freebie competition entry in the last year or so has a link to a freebie at Renderosity that also needs to be removed. The effect on the competition will be totally catastrophic, but it will be consistent with your removal of the link above. Regards, Richard.

as does the Lookalikes thread - but those are specific exemptions. Unfortunately there was advertising on the landing page, perhaps the format has changed, and so we had to remove the link.

• Richard, that's not fair. There is advertising at the bottom of the Renderosity 24 Days of Christmas page that is linked to in the Limited time Freebies thread and in the Advent Calender list thread. To be consistant shouldn't these links be removed also, or are they special too? If so where is a published list of where, and when, it is ok to post such links.

As for removing mine, your choice. I just won't be post anything else here, or anywhere on this site.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Bummer...

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

way to spread cheer, jingle all the way...

edited December 2021

Rendo has changed the setup of their freebie product pages where in the past it didn't show any advertising of products. Now it does in which we can't allow per the ToS except in the couple designated threads. It is very easy to put the file on Google Cloud/Drive or Dropbox for example. You can sign up for free accounts. Now that we know about the change to their format any further posting of a link to Rendo will be removed as well that isn't in the designated threads that post unsolicited products/links.

• Frank0314, I don't do that because I don't want to. I bearly have an internet connection able to upload it once, not two, or three, or more times, because than someone won't like the one I pick and ask for yet another. From now on you'll have to hunt for them if you want them. I like posting the freebie where I do since this place has no similar setup and ShareCG is to messed up right now. So if you don't want to go to the other place I guess you're out of luck.

Bye

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited December 2021

The alternative that I usually use is to say, you can find *name of item* by *artist* as a freebie on Rendo. I guess in this case, we're talking about Candles by BronzeDragon2001 on Rendo devil

In fairness, they disallow direct links to other vendor sites, as well.

Post edited by Torquinox on

Which is allowed (name of pack and artist) and why I suggest it.

• I still haven't had an answer to the question I asked before!

"There is advertising at the bottom of the Renderosity 24 Days of Christmas page that is linked to in the Limited time Freebies thread and in the Advent Calender list thread. To be consistant shouldn't these links be removed also, or are they special too? If so, where is a published list of where, and when, it is ok to post such links."

edited December 2021

That link is fine because it isn't advertising anything else on the page as when you link to the regular freebies there are adds at the bottom of the page for products that are being sold. Rule is if there is a price for anything on the page of a competing store it isn't allowed. I checked the Christmas freebie link yesterday and it was fine unless they changed something overnight. We did allow rendo freebie links for as long as I can remembered but they changed their format and therefore can no longer allow it. A lot of the PA's here either use their own server, ShareCG, Dropbox, or some form of cloud service for their freebies'.