1000 x 618 - 524K
Post edited by hugues.dedit_2435e5dd60 on

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

Aww man, such a nice piece. Such a shame it's non-comm only :(

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

OH, now, that's a heck of a gift, thank you!

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375
    edited December 1969

Nice set nonokoOkko. And mediafire link is greatly appreciated. ShareCG is a decent site, but it's usually impossible to download large files like this.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the set ... and thankfully, after clearing the cache and rebooting the modem sharecg.com only dumped the file its usual once and on the rebound FF download helper got the whole thing :-) Mediafire tonight was a disaster coming in at a grand "0".

In reading through all the pages, i see no reason for anybody to be upset. It is common enough to contact people for further licensing permissions and you do have the door open for that.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

many thanks for this
    you put the normal maps in the bump channel
    there they do nothing as bump requires greyscale
    put the normal maps in the normal channel and use the diff for bump
    I changed the right building like this

Abandoned_City_03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

last render with some patina
    no postwork

Abandoned_City_05.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • tylerzamboritylerzambori Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I would rather pay and be able to use it.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

In reading through all the pages, i see no reason for anybody to be upset. It is common enough to contact people for further licensing permissions and you do have the door open for that.

I didn't think the creator would appreciate getting a bunch of emails from different people asking if they could be an exception to the licensing.

I understand, they are giving their creation away and not making any money off it so it is their right to either allow or not how it's used. I really like the model, it looks really good. Who knows, maybe in the future we'll see this person as a PA and we'll see this product in the Daz store :)

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I didn't think the creator would appreciate getting a bunch of emails from different people asking if they could be an exception to the licensing.

I understand, they are giving their creation away and not making any money off it so it is their right to either allow or not how it's used. I really like the model, it looks really good. Who knows, maybe in the future we'll see this person as a PA and we'll see this product in the Daz store :)

First of all I want to say, this is amazing, and thank you for your generosity in making it available for free.

But I also appreciate the fact that it was pointed out that this is for non-commercial use only. In the past I wasn't too worried about that, as I didn't do any commercial work. But I've been more careful about it lately, as I've sold some 3d items on another site, and I think some people don't realize all that "commercial" involves. For example, I probably couldn't use any non-commercial items in a commercial product promo render. I've even seen some non-commercial items used in contests, and I believe, technically, if you are entering a contest with a possiblility of winning a prize, that is a commercial use (even if it is for the freebie contest).

I completely agree that it is up to the creator to decide how his creation can and cannot be used, put it is also up to each of the rest of us whether or not we can abide by that or simply refrain from downloading.

And finally, I would love to see this creator as a PA, these would go in my cart immediately. :)

(Sorry to hijack the thread, I meant no offense to anyone, just wanted to reply to some of the issues being raised.)

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 375
    edited March 2015

Technically, "commercial" usually means using it in commerce rather than "for profit". For instance, you couldn't use it in an artwork for sale or in a promo selling your product. This, however, wouldn't necessarily mean you couldn't use it with a product you happen to sell, as long as the picture was not sold or itself used for promoting your product. Artist often have galleries that are separate from their stores or other commercial enterprises.

Also, unless the artist excludes any profit, I don't see a problem with using it in a contest. Problems, however, could arise if contest entries end up being used for commercial promotions. It would be best check how entries will be used before entering.

I'm not a lawyer, just someone who follows copyright issues.

Post edited by Semicharm on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

That is well said Semicharm I better write it down. Till now I have mostly avoided downloading non commecial content but it might be useful after all :) Thanks for the models they look really great.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

Wonderful model, I'm now following you on ShareCG chicken-headed man.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

This is fantastic, just what I was looking for. :) Thank you so much!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Then the creator would not have given his contact information FOR to receive requests in the first place. It looks good, hopefully they do get a lot of contacts which translates into business right.