Legacy Rigging for Props Tutorial

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in Freebies

This tutorial is a walk through project to made a 'pill' with "content", lots of content for lots of "bones".
The principles learned can apply to many types of props. Have fun :-)

DA Link

promo.png
1020 x 1320 - 196K

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Patience. I always learn from your tutorials.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Thank you again.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

You're all welcome. I'm glad it's useful. :-)

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

You have a talent for making tutorials that are simple and easy to follow :)

edited December 1969

You have a talent for making tutorials that are simple and easy to follow :)

Thank you. ;-)

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

"Legacy rigging"?

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Thank You, one of good tutorials I will need to read trough and try doing it :)

edited December 1969

gulan7 said:
    Thank You, one of good tutorials I will need to read trough and try doing it :)

You're welcome. I would suggest making just the pill casing first. If you find the rest "too much", you could also model the rest and just make each side as a prop, parenting that to the casing.

edited December 1969

I'll be more verbose :) What is "Legacy" rigging vs ...just rigging?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:

Poser parametric rigging, as opposed to weight-mapped rigging.

edited December 1969

Scavenger said:

Okay, was wondering about the comment. Yes it's the older type of rigging like was done for V4/M4 as opposed to the triax rigging which can also be done in D/S4.x [like was done for Genesis]. Normally works also in D/S3 and sometimes Poser.

edited December 1969

Ah!
    Something to book mark for when I learn more on that side of the 3d fence!

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Is this still available somewhere, have searched DA and Sharecg and all links are dead.

Looks like Patience's tutorials  have moved here: http://catherine3678a.deviantart.com/gallery/56099710/Tutorials

Thank you Scavenger, yes I've started a new handle over at DA. No way I was going to try deleting photos one by one, had over 3,000 in there.

Unfortunately we can't edit posts transferred over to the new forum.

If/when I trip over it I can re-up it OR what is more likely to happen, I'll make a new one. Something to do on icy/rainy days ;-)

edited October 2015

I've started a new handle over at DA. No way I was going to try deleting photos one by one, had over 3,000 in there.

Why were you needing to delete photos? Policy changes? or just new id-new life kind of thing? (not prying for personal :) curious if non-personal reasons).

Post edited by Scavenger on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

A re-up or even better a new one would be great.  I downloaded all the one's you have on the new account, though I think the one everyone said I need help with is legacy.  What I am doing is not clothes, not at this time anyway.  It's a prop (will have obj) that can be used for several things and would like it usable in both Daz and Poser.  I don't have Poser so not sure how I am going to accomplish this if Daz can't get it done for me.  I have Daz (several versions including the latest), Hex 2.5, download blender but not installed, and uv mapper classic.

Scavenger said:

I've started a new handle over at DA. No way I was going to try deleting photos one by one, had over 3,000 in there.

Why were you needing to delete photos? Policy changes? or just new id-new life kind of thing? (not prying for personal :) curious if non-personal reasons).

I just wanted to .. it's a free account and all these entertaining clouds turned out to be way more than a one time storm show kind of thing. Somehow burdening their system with thousands, maybe more yet to come seemed not entirely a good idea to me. I and others have asked DA repeatedly to enable a multi-choose deletion option. I gather even with the new software it's still not possible or they have reasons of their own to not do so. They will though if one closes the account. So I did it that way.

edited October 2015

A re-up or even better a new one would be great.  I downloaded all the one's you have on the new account, though I think the one everyone said I need help with is legacy.  What I am doing is not clothes, not at this time anyway.  It's a prop (will have obj) that can be used for several things and would like it usable in both Daz and Poser.  I don't have Poser so not sure how I am going to accomplish this if Daz can't get it done for me.  I have Daz (several versions including the latest), Hex 2.5, download blender but not installed, and uv mapper classic.

I have posted a short tutorial of pics in your thread in the Commons.

Post edited by patience55 on

Legacy Rigging for Props - reuploaded

• atoxicatoxic Posts: 141

Thanks

You're welcome.

• I want to thank you for your help Patience, I saved all the pages and imaes I could and got your tutorial that was uploaded as well as some others you have.

I appreciate the feedback, you're quite welcome :-)

For googlers, Catherine's tutorials are now in the Rendo free area.