Free Chaise Longue (aka chaise lounge) and Oblong Mirror

aaráribel caađoaaráribel caađo Posts: 686
edited January 2022 in Freebies

Woman on chaise longue with mirror

Fully textured with heigh and padding thickness morphs (the chaise) and tilt adjustment (the mirror). It's available here without any option to buy a print of the picture, aka, the default DA thing for anything with any image. Because the file isn't for sale—it's free!.

Post edited by aaráribel caađo on

Comments

• Excuse me, you say it's free. On the page though it appears as though there are free poses but the items themselves are for sale?

In the downloaded zip there is a data folder and poses, but no prop files?

• aaráribel caađoaaráribel caađo Posts: 686
    edited January 2022

Catherine3678ab said:

Excuse me, you say it's free. On the page though it appears as though there are free poses but the items themselves are for sale?

In the downloaded zip there is a data folder and poses, but no prop files?

Everything is there and free. This is what you get when you download:

List of files

The price is for the image, something that automatically happens if I don't remember to turn it off, which I never do. I mean, if you want to buy a print of the cover art, buy the print!

The third button from the left is the one you want to get the files.

@Mod: why was the link removed? Are links to DeviantArt downloads for freebies no longer allowed?

Post edited by aaráribel caađo on
  • Under Props, there is no prop there. There is the folder for poses for the prop. If the poses are loading the props, then okay thank you. We don't normally put loading icons in pose folders.

And "in a friendly manner" - we also normally put textures in a subfolder with our username, not Poses. Although a folder with that name is not likely to cause problems in the texture folder ... unless somebody else does the same thing, then files with same names would get over-written. Again not likely in this scenario.

• Ah, I understand the confusion. Poses is what I distribute things under, it's not the Poses folder. If you pulled them out of the distribution order, you'll probably have problems.

• Okay thanks, and yes I'll keep them in the order where you put them ;-)

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,544

The link is gone

• Yes, as I recall one cannot link to a page where items to purchase are also being displayed. Unless of course it's Daz3D.

• It would be nice if the mod told me why it had been deleted. It's the DA default for prints, mugs, etc., to be sold of any images. I never turn it off because that's an extra step. 

• It's not a hard step. One little check box to be unchecked editing that one upload. Over on the right-hand side of the edit page if I recall correctly.

• But you have to think about it. Plus, if somebody wants to buy a print…why not? It just seems silly for Daz to not let me post a link to a freebie product because I might also want to sell a non-competing product (a print). 

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,656

Well it would seem that the link is back. And I just want to say that I saw the pajaro outfit on a real live person in "Just like that" neat.

• DollyGirl said:

Well it would seem that the link is back. And I just want to say that I saw the pajaro outfit on a real live person in "Just like that" neat.

smiley