Sub Surface Scattering Questions Regarding Poser.

matt.dawmatt.daw Posts: 1
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hello!

I have yet to purchase Poser and I have some quite technical questions regarding its use and whether it may be of use to myself.

Can Sub Surface Scattering be "baked out" and exported from Poser?

Can poser import models I create and allow me to apply sub surface scattering to them + like the first question = bake to the UV texture map imported for it.

I will be working with my own creations and skins. I will however be considering a purchase if Poser can allow me to not only pose and export bvh, but also bake SSS and other useful features to my skins.

Thank you in advance to whoever replies. (I had found no real information other than youtube videos but not specific enough).

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

Poser doesn't support shader baking. However, one could load the texture from the model in question onto a plane of the same H/W ratio of the texture map, apply an SSS skin shader, and use the resulting render as a new texture for that model...

• matt.dawmatt.daw Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I am wondering if that would have the desired effect?

SSS surely works at its best when it can reflect off the geometry of the model and thus cause the desired SSS effects...

Creating effectively a plane with the texture map applied and using SSS - would that produce the same results?

Maybe I would be better off using Daz instead and baking the result? A little more googling has shown me that this could be done...

Thoughts?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

If it could be done in Studio, it would be cheaper... ;)