using multiple objects to make a morph

DeamonoxDeamonox Posts: 83
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

as the title says, I would like to use different versions of the same model to make a morph all the models are the same except one part has been altered and I would like to know if I can use them to make a morph

Comments

• LegalizeAdulthoodLegalizeAdulthood Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

OK, I'm a bit of a n00b, so excuse me if I get things wrong.

It is my understanding that this is exactly the use case for which the Hexagon bridge to DAZ Studio was created.

As long as you don't change topology on the geometry (add/remove vertices, edges or faces) and only move vertices around, then you can create a morph with the following process:

1. Load the original geometry into DAZ Studio
    2. Send to Hexagon from DAZ Studio over the bridge
    3. Modify the geometry in Hexagon (including loading your already modified version)
    4. Send to DAZ Studio from Hexagon over the bridge
    5. DAZ Studio will examine the geometry coming back over the bridge and decide what to do with it. If it is a simple geometry change, it will launch Morph Loader to create a morph. If it is a complex change, it will launch Morph Loader Pro to create a morph. If the topology changed for some reason, it will treat it as an import of a prop.

The tutorial on Modifying Auto-Generated Morphs seems to cover most of the steps.

Apologies in advance if I got anything wrong here.

• DeamonoxDeamonox Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

hmm I have tried amd learnt that, thank you though for telling that to me