Updated: G3F Morphs

mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
edited June 2015 in Freebies

Well, here's the first of my new items. I have a backlog of items I made, some new and some I had in the works a year ago.

I sort of disappeared for a while, mainly because I had two hard drive failures in a short space of time...my main content drive and the backup drive. It's been a struggle to get everything back, but I'm finally seeing the end of the road. I also did a new computer build and new OS install along the way, so I've only got the current version of DS installed. I'm slowly working through everything and trying to get stuff finished.

Now this was to be put up about a month ago (in time for St Patrick's Day, to be exact), but I ran into a couple of problems with trying to make it universal. I don't have Poser installed any longer (only had the 8 Debut version, anyway, so no great loss), so instead of waiting I just went ahead and put up the Studio only version. I packaged it up in 4.7, so I'm not sure if it will work in 4.6 (don't have that installed any longer, either...or DS3).

So without any more long winded excuses...

The Shilleliegh...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80369/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Shilleliegh

shilleliegh.png
1000 x 1250 - 2M
Post edited by mjc1016 on

Comments

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear about problems with HDs, all I can say is good luck with that. I saw this on ShareCG yesterday and will try to download it today probably alongside that skull shaders and maybe something else seeing that there are lots of thing I haven't downloaded yet. Thank You.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I don't have Poser installed any longer (only had the 8 Debut version, anyway, so no great loss), so instead of waiting I just went ahead and put up the Studio only version.

I believe you can use your Debut serial number to download the upgrade to the Poser 10 version of Debut...

http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-debut-updates.html

Looks nice.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

I almost bought an actual one, not the classic ones, a remake. The were far from just being walking sticks; you could take down a mule deer or a school of leprechauns with one of them.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

An OBJ version would help those of us who are DS challenged and prefer other programs.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    An OBJ version would help those of us who are DS challenged and prefer other programs.

Here you go...Obj and maps...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80380/view/5/3D-Model/Shilleliegh

edited April 2015

Thanks very much, downloaded safely and stored away, waiting to be used. :coolsmile:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

TYVM.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thanks very much, downloaded safely and stored away, waiting to be used. :coolsmile:

Now you have a spare in case you break your cudgel over someone's skull... ;)
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    chohole said:

Yes Richard made the same remark earlier. :coolsmirk:

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,113
    edited December 1969

I almost bought an actual one, not the classic ones, a remake. The were far from just being walking sticks; you could take down a mule deer or a school of leprechauns with one of them.

I bought one as a walking stick at Smith & Sons, London, back in the 80s. The clerk (an elderly gentleman) said it was also good for self defense - "But don't bash them with it, poke them. Or put it between their legs and rattle it around a bit." IIRC, I paid 12 Pounds Sterling for it (about $18 US back then). Now it is showing a bit of age - and the nearest I can find on the internet is going for near $125.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    WandW said:
    chohole said:

I DID have you in mind when I was making it...and my great-grandmother...in her later years, she used one, a little slimmer on the handle end. I wish I had that one, but one of my other relatives has it...it was nice and bumpy and had a good heft to it for its size (it may have been weighted :smirk:)

edited April 2015

mjc1016 said:
    chohole said:
    WandW said:
    chohole said:

I DID have you in mind when I was making it...and my great-grandmother...in her later years, she used one, a little slimmer on the handle end. I wish I had that one, but one of my other relatives has it...it was nice and bumpy and had a good heft to it for its size (it may have been weighted :smirk:)

Sometimes, the knob on the end was hollowed out and filled with molten lead; this was known as a "loaded stick." However, in sticks made of blackthorn, the knob was actually the root and it would not have been necessary to "load" it because it could pack a significant whack!

Quoted from this article http://www.irishcultureandcustoms.com/AEmblem/Shillelagh.html

Post edited by Chohole on
  • barberoybarberoy Posts: 98
    edited December 1969

Thanks for creating this, its fit in with a project I'm working on and it looks good. All I need now is a Hurley... :cheese:
    http://hockeygods.com/system/gallery_images/10144/normal.jpg?1360741946

edited December 1969

Next item up for bid...

Well, not really, but next on the upload list. Some custom sculpted eye morphs. Right now for G2F (probably get them to G2M, too, but at a later date).

Right now there are 4 of them...

A Cornea Bulge morph, Iris Depth, Pupil Dilate and a Pupil Slit (vertical)...before they go up, I'm going to add at least two more...Pupil Slit (horizontal) and Pupil Square (think goat eyes).

Can anyone think of anything else...just pupil/iris related, though?

Also, how/where do people want them to be found...right now they are just MorphLoader morphs...I haven't decided on a 'final' location (Actor > Head > mjc > Eyes is one possibility).

slit.png
    800 x 800 - 618K
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2015

mjc1016 said:
    Next item up for bid...

Well, not really, but next on the upload list. Some custom sculpted eye morphs. Right now for G2F (probably get them to G2M, too, but at a later date).

Right now there are 4 of them...

A Cornea Bulge morph, Iris Depth, Pupil Dilate and a Pupil Slit (vertical)...before they go up, I'm going to add at least two more...Pupil Slit (horizontal) and Pupil Square (think goat eyes).

Can anyone think of anything else...just pupil/iris related, though?

Also, how/where do people want them to be found...right now they are just MorphLoader morphs...I haven't decided on a 'final' location (Actor > Head > mjc > Eyes is one possibility).

Goat eyes; they're horizontal.
    I did a kermit the fog type eye texture for V4 it's was too impractical.

I bought one as a walking stick at Smith & Sons, London, back in the 80s. The clerk (an elderly gentleman) said it was also good for self defense - "But don't bash them with it, poke them. Or put it between their legs and rattle it around a bit." IIRC, I paid 12 Pounds Sterling for it (about $18 US back then). Now it is showing a bit of age - and the nearest I can find on the internet is going for near $125.

cold steel is company apparently run by a group California sociopaths who make (among hundreds of other things) an injection molded one that tries to look like an actual one best it can for about $33 -$60 US. They make weapons so I wont' post a link but you can google "Cold Steel Irish Blackthorn Walking Stick" - I can tell you as well armed/paranoid American (yes, it's an oxymoron) their wares are very good quality. I'm thinking of getting one for walking since I already have throwing stars I take to the park just in case of bears or time-traveling visigoths.

Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited December 1969

I should have the eye morphs ready tonight or tomorrow...I just need to make some cards/icons for the sliders and zip them up.

edited December 1969
    bulgefull.png
    800 x 800 - 560K
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the eye morphs. Pupils dilate with emotion. Much needed.

edited December 1969

Robkelk needed a hand sanitizer dispenser, so I threw one together.

The set also includes the mirror, obj files and the blend file. The sink, drier and wall texture are not included.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80801/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Hand-Sanitizer-Dispenser

handsanitizer03.png
    800 x 800 - 1023K
    edited December 1969

Another forum request...

The park style grill. These heavy duty monsters have been in use throughout the US for years and many of them will probably be usable by the cockroaches, after a nuclear war.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80859/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Park-Grill

Park_Grill2.png
    800 x 800 - 899K
    edited May 2015

As some of you may recall, a while back I started a baby morph for Genesis. Before I could finish it, my hard drive decided to go on vacation...without me. It's now sitting in a retirement village, in Boca Raton and probably not coming back anytime soon. (last I heard it was the shuffle-board championship...)

So, I decided that instead of waiting until I could recover the missing files from it, I'd just recreate it...but, as luck would have it, the original was a dialed morph, based on a free Genesis morph pack that also suffered a disappearance. Well, with all of that I basically decided that I wasn't going to rely on any other morphs and so, tonight I started completely over. This is the 'first draft' of a totally new and in my opinion, improved Baby. I didn't meet my goal of 'no additional morphs'...but the 1 morph that it does rely on is very safe and secure. It is not really a morph for Genesis, but rather a morph for Genesis Basic Child. So that is the ONLY external morph that will be required...and it will be a dial spin morph. It will be 'usable' with out it dialed in...but it will look a bit 'older' than what I'm trying for. At this stage, I'm going for about 1 yr old. There will be at least 4 total stages. 0-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-9 months and 10-12 months. They'll probably end up being 4 separate morphs, the others will rely on this one.

Since I only did an hour or so of work on it tonight, I don't have any of the mouth morphs done (removing the teeth and morphing a couple of baby teeth does take a fair amount of time). And I don't have all the details refined/exactly how I want them. But most importantly...I haven't consulted with my wife, the baby expert (OB nurse for 17 yrs...so she's well qualified to judge how 'baby like' I'm getting.)

babyreboot.png
    800 x 800 - 181K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

And here's tonight's progress....

baby.png
    800 x 800 - 830K
    edited December 1969

In honor of the upcoming holiday, I am finally posting an item I started several years ago.

It will be put up tomorrow evening (Sunday, May 25th).

totub.png
    800 x 800 - 667K
    totuf.png
    800 x 800 - 600K
    edited December 1969

My latest item is the Tomb of the Unkowns.

A simple model of the Tomb of the Unknowns.

The actual tomb is located in Arlington National Cemetary and originally was to honor the fallen soldiers of the first World War. Later, a soldier from World War II and then Korea were added. There had been a soldier from Viet Nam, but he was later positively identified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_of_the_Unknowns

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/tombofun.htm

I originally started this a few years ago, intending to put it up for Memorial Day, but didn't get it finished in time. I was working on the plaza and base, at the time. But due to a hard drive failure, this is the only part I recovered. So, I decided to finish up this part and go ahead and post it this year.

Along with the 'standard' load there is also an UberSurface preset, in the materials folder. Sorry, no Iray materials at this time.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80956/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Tomb-of-the-Unknowns

edited December 1969

Yep, she's new...she came out today...and I couldn't resist...

Say hello to Anna.

A sculpted morph for G3F.

Maybe tonight or tomorrow on the posting.

anna.png
    819 x 1024 - 1M
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Wow...that was quick. She looks lovely.

edited December 1969

Here's another shot....

anna2.png
    819 x 1024 - 431K
  • dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305
    edited December 1969

Nice morph. Great work.

edited December 1969

It's taking forever to get the renders done...spending more time autofitting clothing than anything, right now...maybe she won't be up until tomorrow night. (I think the second image I posted is going to be the 'card' image you'll see in the shaping tab/icon in parameters).

Here's another shot. This one is a different SSS shader...the first was AoA's as the skin loads.

anna3_5.png
    1024 x 819 - 394K
    edited December 1969

And one more.

Found a couple of things I need to tweak...got some nice renders, so it's tweak, package and post...

anna4.png
    819 x 1024 - 238K