Skunkville Noir -- The Lost Documentation

Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
edited December 1969 in Freebies

My new shader Skunkville Noir hit the store this morning without any documentation, ReadMe, or paperwork. So if you're at a loss, or just want to know what it's about, the Readme file is here, free for all to download.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/80529/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Skunkville-Noir-The-Lost-Documentation

Comments

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

O, so I bought the product and seen this in a search, downloaded it and couldn't help but laugh at the rules to use, lol, now to figure how how to actually use it ;)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I was going a little nuts clicking things and not having a clue what I was doing. (nothing new there, believe me)

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    O, so I bought the product and seen this in a search, downloaded it and couldn't help but laugh at the rules to use, lol, now to figure how how to actually use it ;)

I bought the shaders, I download the documentation and the documentation says nothing about how to use it ... maybe I need to buy Mephistopolis too to learn the usage of your shaders. Did I add the shaders to the objects or to the camera? Please explain how they are used.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,697
    edited December 1969

Both Mephistopolis and Skunkville are surface shaders. Set up your scene, apply the shaders, and twiddle settings as necessary. (Spot renders to check local effects are encouraged).

edited December 1969

Sorry for the silly questions, but is there a way to make the renders toony without the dots? I know there's pictures in the other forum post on the product that have no dots but wasn't sure if it was an older part that got removed. I know I have to buy Mephistopolis for the geograft outlines.

edited December 1969

Without the dots? You have the Color Dots Off dial, which switches to the unfiltered CMY & Sepia channels without any halftoning (also removes the halftone filter in Opacity), and the Black Style Switch, which does the same thing from 0.0 to 1.0, and moves to a hard-cut Black (Key/Value) output at 2.0 or -1.0. If you've played with DS "Toon" shaders before, the Clamps and Clamp Blend dials are still there, and still do the same things they've always done. They're upstream of the dot-filters and the CMYK split, so they're not even touched by Dots Off values.

You want Geograft Outlines? I'll try to see that you get them! ;)

edited December 1969

Awesome thank you, I never really used the toon shader in daz much maybe a quick render using the toon camera out of curiousity, but with all the new too a stuff coming out and wanting to mix up my renders now, I bought this right along with Callie, from playing around with it I do like it, definitely gonna try making some comics.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 578
    edited May 2015

Several places in the text, persons names are replaced with 'Error! Reference source not found'

Post edited by Esemwy on
    edited December 1969

Esemwy said:
    Several places in the test, persons names are replaced with 'Error! Reference source not found'

Ah yes. I am working on fixin' that!