No Figures showing in Poser 2014

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I have installed DSON Importer for Poser.
I loaded some figures that I bought, but it showed up nothing.
Please help.
Screenshot Link

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Did you install both the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials and the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials PoserCF to the Poser Pro 2014 Content folder? The PoserCF contains only the library files - textures and geometry are in the DSON core package.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,806
    edited December 1969

And did you install everything to the correct locations? The DSON Importer gets installed to the PoserPro 2014 Program folder, but content and Starter Essentials get installed either to the Poser Pro 2014 content folder, or to a folder that is mapped to your Poser library as an external runtime folder. (I do the latter since I plan to upgrade Poser someday)

DAZ zip files are set up differently from those from other Poser brokerages, so If you install the content manually from the zips, you need to extract the contents of the Content folder inide the zip archive to the location you are installing it to; there will usually be a runtime and a data folder...

• edited December 1969

I think I did.
    I tried installing the files to
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library
    and
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content
    to make sure.
    I also did install the Genesis 2 Female and Male starter essentials

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

In your screenshot you have scale parameter at 0%...... change that to 100%.

• edited December 1969

Still not working :P

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited December 1969

Where is the folder named \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female?

• edited December 1969

Right Here
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female

• edited December 1969

And somehow here too
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content\Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female

edited December 1969

mingu2001 said:
    And somehow here too
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content\Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female

This is from unzipping the zip files directly.

Move the contents of
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content\Content\ to

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content\

and refresh the Poser Library and they should be there.

I install all of my DAZ content using DIM; it's fast and easy. It installs a Content Management Service, but that can be uninstalled if you don't use Studio...

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

• edited December 1969

Hmmm.. Still not working
    Any more Ideas?

edited April 2015

Is there stuff in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female ? Specifically Genesis2Female.dsf?

Do you have the 64-bit version of DSON Importer installed to the 64-bit Poser Pro program folder? There will be a DSON Support folder in the Sripts menu if it's there.

If so, can you load the base Genesis 2 female or male? Edit; they are in the DAZ people folder of the Library...

Post edited by WandW on
  • edited December 1969

theres 2 folders named Morphs and UV sets

edited December 1969

That means the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials aren't installed properly.

The Poser Companion Files in the Character Library are simply Python scripts that tell the DSON Importer to load the figure and morphs, so if the geometry isn't there, nothing actually loads.

I think you are better in the long run to grab DAZ Install Manager and install using that. Use C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2014 Content as the content install directory if that's where you want to install stuff in the long term...

• edited December 1969

Wait

• edited December 1969

How do I do it?

edited December 1969

mingu2001 said:
    How do I do it?

To use Install Manager? Grab it here. There are tutorials here too:

https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info

In a nutshell, When you run it, enter your DAZ username & password , and you will be presented with a list of your purchases. If you click on the gear at top tight, and go tto the Installation tab, you can enter where you want to the content to be installed to. Once set up, It will download the ones you select from the Ready to Download tab, and you can install the selected ones from the Ready to Install tab. You can also uninstall content from the Installed tab if you want to uninstall or move something, and it handles product updates too.

• edited December 1969

Fixed by copying all files in Poser Pro 2014 folder to DAZ 3D/My Libraries folder

edited April 2015

Awwww, you didn't tell us that your Studio Library was already part of your Poser Library!! We would have told to you to just install the Poser CF's there! :-D

Post edited by WandW on
  • edited April 2015

:lol: yeah :P

Post edited by mingu2001_77b64501d4 on