Camera Control - Thesis

edited May 2015 in Freebies

Hi guys,

I am currently working on my thesis regarding camera control in DAZ Studios 4.7 (x64). I have successfully created a plugin that creates different cameras, depending on the user's selection, some being: face closeups, over the shoulder, mid-body, etc, for figures.

If it is not too much trouble I would appreciate if you would download the plugin, give it a try and supply any feedback on it's efficiency, accuracy and possibly any bugs or changes that you think might be suitable. The main goal of this thread is to obtain a general idea of user satisfaction on the plugin, no names will be mentioned in the write up.

Currently the only issues known of but not fixed is the positioning of the camera on the Z axis which seems to be different for each PC tested on even though the same version of DAZ Studios was installed. Also there might be trouble installing the plugin, I just place the .dll file in the plugin's folder in the location where DAZ Studios is located and that should work fine. From there the plugin pane can be brought up by opening Daz Studios going to Windows->Panes->Camera Control.

Simple Run Down: Select a Figure, Select a Camera Type and Create the Camera. Done.

Anyways, I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to help test and evaluate my plugin, looking forward to any feedback/criticism. If you have any problems regarding getting it to work feel free to message me.

EDIT:

I created an installer to try and resolve the issue that some users are facing regarding the failure to load the plugin.
The link now contains a ZIP file with a basic installation guide and installer.

Link to the Plugin: https://www.mediafire.com/?w848rjtzz1f93q4

Post edited by benjamin.muscat.12_c5937cba00 on

Comments

• jimlinjimlin Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

HI tried installing in daz 4.7 will not install get

Screen_Shot_04-30-15_at_07.02_PM_.PNG
    1024 x 274 - 52K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Installed it OK by dropping it into the Plugins folder.

I load Genesis, have it selected, Create a camera, and a message box pops up and says 'please wait for your selection to load'. I click OK.

I wait for several minutes, click on OK again, and the program crashes

I'm afraid that it doesn't work at all for me.

• edited December 1969

@Jimlin Did you simply move the .dll into the plugin folder, or did you use the installer? Drag and Drop is suppose to work.

@Jimmy_C2009 Thank you for this information, I'll look into this problem.

edited December 1969

@Jimlin Did you simply move the .dll into the plugin folder, or did you use the installer? Drag and Drop is suppose to work.

@Jimmy_C2009 Thank you for this information, I'll look into this problem.

I did drag and drop it

• edited December 1969

I am not sure how to handle this issue x) Drag and dropping worked on every system, still thanks for trying :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Is the plugin compiled as a 32 bit or 64 bit plugin?

I'm using 32 bit Studio and it won't load.

• edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Is the plugin compiled as a 32 bit or 64 bit plugin?

I'm using 32 bit Studio and it won't load.

I'm afraid it's compiled in 64 bit

• edited May 2015

Installed it OK by dropping it into the Plugins folder.

I load Genesis, have it selected, Create a camera, and a message box pops up and says 'please wait for your selection to load'. I click OK.

I wait for several minutes, click on OK again, and the program crashes

I'm afraid that it doesn't work at all for me.

Try moving the figure around and moving some joints, that should get it to work. There was a problem where if the figure is in perfect symmetry about the origin of the world space then it wouldn't work.

By the way, out of curiosity what OS are you using?

I have update the link with the latest version of the plugin: https://www.mediafire.com/?dsw5sdt849nwrgr

Post edited by benjamin.muscat.12_c5937cba00 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited May 2015

I downloaded the latest version of the plugin, and tested it with Genesis.

It works fine now, even if I don't move Genesis from the default pose to begin with.

How do you know which figure the camera was created for in each scene? Is that a little too sophisticated for the plugin at this stage?

If I have more than one figure in the Scene, the previously created cameras seem to lose track of where they are supposed to be pointing.

I use Win 7, Home Premium by the way :)

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

I downloaded the latest version of the plugin, and tested it with Genesis.

It works fine now, even if I don't move Genesis from the default pose to begin with.

How do you know which figure the camera was created for in each scene? Is that a little too sophisticated for the plugin at this stage?

If I have more than one figure in the Scene, the previously created cameras seem to lose track of where they are supposed to be pointing.

I use Win 7, Home Premium by the way :)

Upon creation of each camera it should be parented to that figure, therefore you can always know which camera belong to which figure by looking at the scene information (where each item and sub item in the scene are displayed). Thus when a new figure is loaded, the previously created cameras should not be modified.

Glad to know that it somewhat works haha. Would you suggest any improvements or modifications that can be made?

• KalisxKalisx Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Very useful and easy to use.:-)
    Thanks a lot.

• Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

I'm not getting any cameras that are parented to the figure. I installed by drag and drop but I'm not seeing it in the installed plugins.
    dbb

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

I have Daz 4.7, did the drag and drop and got the same message as jimlin :-S

edited December 1969

I have Daz 4.7, did the drag and drop and got the same message as jimlin :-S[/quote

I have tried drag and drop . copy past deleted tried again at least 10 time have now given up

• edited December 1969

jimlin said:
    I have Daz 4.7, did the drag and drop and got the same message as jimlin :-S[/quote I have tried drag and drop . copy past deleted tried again at least 10 time have now given up

What type of OS are you using? It seems that windows 8 user cannot load the plugin successfully. I am trying to find a solution to this problem but to no avail. If you are not using Windows 8 and still can't get it to work then I don't really know what could be wrong :D

Anyway thanks for trying to test it out :)

edited December 1969

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit for me :blank:

• edited December 1969

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit for me :blank:

I decided to post in the Development forum to see whether someone can provide some information on this situation. I will get back to you upon receiving any possible solution to this problem.

edited December 1969

jimlin said:
    I have Daz 4.7, did the drag and drop and got the same message as jimlin :-S[/quote I have tried drag and drop . copy past deleted tried again at least 10 time have now given up

What type of OS are you using? It seems that windows 8 user cannot load the plugin successfully. I am trying to find a solution to this problem but to no avail. If you are not using Windows 8 and still can't get it to work then I don't really know what could be wrong :D

Anyway thanks for trying to test it out :)

yes I am using windows 8 I thanks

edited December 1969

However it turns out thanks for sharing and the effort :)