Silly Question Time Part Deux

Okay I know I've asked this else where, but as I've ZERO replies to it, I'll ask it here as well.....Hi I'm having problems with uploading an image for the contest in my gallery, everything I've tried comes up with 'ERROR MAYBE WRONG FORMAT' Yet i've tried jpg jpeg & png, is there something I've missed as I can't find anything on uploading to gallery, is there a maximum mb size as well? Ifso does anyone know what it is......Thanks in advance.....

Comments

• There is a size limit, though I'm not entirely sure what the exact cutoff is; how big is your image? You may need to scale it down.

• Originally 16.8mb reduced to 1.42mb, & still won't load, how lower it can go I'm not sure, but it's getting silly now.

• Okay, that's bizarre. I think 16.8 mb is too big, but I've definitely uploaded images that were much bigger than 1.42. Is it just that image, or are you having the same problem with other ones?

• I've tried atleast 4 different versions, of around 6 other images, nothing got past ''error, wrong format'', I've even seen the video, that I'm told will 'tell all, on uploading to galleries''........Not one mention over 20 minutes, just waffle about how to browse it.........I'm thinking if I don't get a proper answer in the ''gallery launch'' page, then I won't bother with it again, i could have done 3 renders in the time I've wasted, so far......

• Man, that sucks. Yeah, the only error I've run into is with the size limit, so I'm not sure what else you could fix.

• medievalpiratemedievalpirate Posts: 45
    edited March 2022

Easier to just post stuff at Deviantart, or F95, Twitter, BookofFarce, InstantGranny, Disgarded or possibly thousands of other sites......Oh & when I say 3 more renders, I mean by starting with a blank screen, till it's full of what I want, then Render it....Around 2 days or so an Image....

Post edited by medievalpirate on
  • Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820

Weird indeed!  Have you ever been able to upload any images to the gallery?

If so have you seen a difference in uploading an raw render directly from your rendering app of choice vs. through your postwork app of choice?

Just wondering if the image files are getting corrupted along the way somewhere.

• I've had no problems posting the same images to Twitter. F95 & DeviantArt, but no, not here. Yet every image, no matter how I word it, jpg, jpeg etc all at under 5mb, they get to 100% loaded, then up pops the ''ERROR ERROR OUT OF CHEESE ERROR'' thing, so I know there's nothing wrong with the images. personally, I think it's all a ploy by DAZ, so they can close the gallery, cos no one understands how to use it, nor is there an ''easy find, 'how to', with tech specs page'' to be found by the hapless search engine. I did manage to load an image for halloween, last year, & from memory it wasn't easy then.

• perlkperlk Posts: 854

What browser are you using? I used to have problems using Mac browsers.

• I have had errors uploading to Rendo with Adblocker from Android, using Chrome was OK. Could it be that? Regards, Richard.
  • My default browser, in fact the only one I use, is the lastest version of Chrome, whatever that now is.

• Strange, this seems fine here, but won't do anything in Gallery, except come up with the same error.....

A.U.R.A. VDB SPACE WRECK.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • perlkperlk Posts: 854

Clear cookies? Log out, log back in? Obvious, but just checking smiley