AOBB's Debutante for G8.1F head morph. No textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited April 2022 in Freebies

Edit: Please download this morph from here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/562301/aobb-s-hollywood-glamour-and-other-older-head-morphs-with-teeth-fixed#latest

The link above (first post in the thread) contains zip files to my updated characters with some fixed issues - in this case just teeth and inner mouth that were misshapen.

A young lady about to enter the adult world - this is the theme behind this head morph:

You will see a rendering of her in full glory here:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1212139

The assets used in the promo images above and in the gallery render are listed in my gallery. I should add that I also used Beautiful Brows II (Brow6 and Brow8 overlapping) and skin materials for Blakely HD (G8.1F) with makeup done using the Materials Wizard.

Noncommercial and Commercial use. Please be so kind and mention my username if you use this head morph in a commercial project.

I always love seeing your artwork done using my morphs, so if you decide to use Debutante, please post your image in this thread! Thanks! smiley

I hope you like her!

Enjoy!

AOBB

Debutante F.png
549 x 750 - 2M
Debutante TQ.png
542 x 750 - 2M
Debutante P.png
515 x 750 - 1M
zip
zip
Debutante for G8.1F.zip
2M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876
    edited March 2022

I spotted this just a little earlier and since I was planning on unwinding with a bit of DAZ, thought I'd just load up Debutante and do a simple portrait. Well, she decided to grow up a bit in the interrim, so here she is slightly older. Debutante looks rather aristocratic. Thanks for the morph AOBB!  smiley

AOBB's Debutante turned Lady

It's nice to see you creating morphs with backstories and a matching detailed render to go with it. That makes it all so much more interesting. I bet you're having fun! And of course, I'm having fun trying out your morphs! laugh

LI - AOBB Debutante.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 458K
    Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Hi, SapphireBlue!

That is a very nice portrait indeed and Debutante DID grow up in it! smiley Nice job!

I unfortunately don't know how to fix the teeth and gum issue. During sculpting they become completely whacked out of shape, so I take the sculpted model into 3ds max 2008 along with the standard issue G8.1F in base resolution and do a partial morph just of the teeth and gums from the standard G8.1 model onto the sculpted model. The jaws and gums are in both characters are now identical in 3ds max (I check them in wireframe mode in side view and they overlap perfectly). I thought this should take care of the problem...

Update: I found a thread that addresses this issue here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/435852/crooked-teeth-due-to-mouth-morphs#:~:text=the scene tab.-,Right click in the viewport and choose select geometry by,Redz, thanks for your tips!

I have the Shape Splitter but never used it. I'll see what can be done. I'm no computer wiz, so it will take me a while most likely...

edited March 2022

I had just edited my post to remove my comment before seeing your post as I still had the page open - I had better success now when I tried an open smile again. Dialing down the mouth realism slider helped. (I found it in the shaping tab) There's no reason to worry much about it - it was just something I noticed and was curious about. I'm really impressed at you and others tackling this veritable maze of obstacles in sculpting characters!

I came across this thread too https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/311756/teeth-jacked-up-when-dialing-in-morph in my effort to understand what might cause this. There's just so many things about the process of sculpting and modeling that's a total mystery to me!

No worries, SapphireBlue. I'm super glad I caught your comment. Next time I'll be careful to fix those teeth in DS. Dialing down to zero Mouth realism and Mouth Realism HD helps greatly but I'd like my morphs to have those perfect (maybe even too perfect) teeth of the generic figure.

I'll try to learn on Debutante how to fix that issue but for now dialing down those two Mouth Realism morphs is a very helpful trick. Thanks for sharing the tip! smiley yes

Cheers,

AOBB

Okay - with your great help SapphireBlue, I've figured this out. I just had to dial down to zero the Mouth Realism and Mouth Realism 8.1 HD on the GENERIC G8.1F figure before using her in 3ds max to fix the inside of the mouth of my sculpted morph. When I brought my sculpted morph back into DAZ it had perfect pearlies. Then I just dialed back up to 100% the Mouth Realism morphs and she was all set.

I suggest dialing down on the Parameters tab the Mouth Realism morphs to -100% (minus 100 percent) on the head morphs I created so far. That doesn't fix the problem completely but the teeth and gums look very decent.

For those not very familiar with DS - just click on the Parameters Settings icon (the tiny sprocket above the morph dial to the very right) and change the "Min" value to -100 and then press Accept. This way you get your morph dial minimum values changed from 0% to -100%.

That's it! smiley

AOBB

@SapphireBlue - my mom absolutely loved your portrait with Debutante. She even said that your images are better than mine (Arghhh! That hurt!). Anyway, I think you should post it in the gallery if you haven't already. Very classy and all around lovely! yessmiley

AOBB

• AOBB said:

Okay - with your great help SapphireBlue, I've figured this out. I just had to dial down to zero the Mouth Realism and Mouth Realism 8.1 HD on the GENERIC G8.1F figure before using her in 3ds max to fix the inside of the mouth of my sculpted morph. When I brought my sculpted morph back into DAZ it had perfect pearlies. Then I just dialed back up to 100% the Mouth Realism morphs and she was all set.

I'm very happy I was able to be of some help AOBB! smiley I'm taking note of all these steps and things, in case I ever decide to try my hand at sculpting. Right now, I'm happy with the morph kits and spin dialing. So much simpler! laugh

edited March 2022

AOBB said:

@SapphireBlue - my mom absolutely loved your portrait with Debutante. She even said that your images are better than mine (Arghhh! That hurt!). Anyway, I think you should post it in the gallery if you haven't already. Very classy and all around lovely! yessmiley

AOBB

Oh no! Hahahaha. A big thank you to your mom and you for the compliments. If I were in your shoes though and it were my mom, I'd have to tell her "But mom, I made these beautiful, classy morphs! She's just showing them off." cheeky

Please share with your mom that I feel your face morphs have a lot of character and I really appreciate how detailed they are and how they capture that classic aesthetic. That helps inspire me to create a matching scene.

I came to DAZ from traditional media like acrylics with the idea of creating quick references for my infrequent paintings, but then I really enjoyed how expressive it could be on its own. But one thing that sets it apart from painting is the collaborative aspect. Like in photography or film, we get to work with elements designed and created by others and bring things together. A bit of magic! And when we're able to do that together in real time and interact like we do on these pages, it adds a very nice dimension to it. smiley

I don't use the gallery much, but recently liked the idea of creating some specific albums (like an album for renders my daughter and I make of Hypertaf's panda!). I've been thinking of creating an AOBB album and just adding all the renders so far of your morphs in that album - so I think I'll do that soon and link back to your morphs here! laugh

You are such a darling, SapphireBlue! I love that you create art together with your daughter. smiley

No wonder you are so good at creating those evocative images - you not "only" have talent but also the artistic background! I don't have a typical artistic education. I studied interior design and learned 3d modeling to do renderings of interiors as I've decided I have little talent or patience for sketching them. 

I think the gallery would be such a perfect place for you to post your art, to have all of it in one place and be able to look back on your accomplishments. I'd be honored if you created an album dedicated to my head morphs! I would feel compelled to provide you with more of them, so I would get to see more of your work!smiley

I find DAZ both freeing and limiting at the same time. Freeing, because I don't have to create everything from scratch and limiting, because I for the most part have to use what other's have come up with. As I'm not that young anymore, my interests are somewhat different than those of the majority of DAZ users which drive what content is available at the DAZ store or Renderosity (I'm gauging the typical age of DS users by looking at that content. I might be wrong, of course). I really would like to see more realistic, regular clothing for women and generally more clothing for men. I'd like to see more "retro" content. By retro I mean the 1940's not the 1970's which to me isn't retro. LOL.

I'm glad you find inspiration in my head morphs. I craft them with love, so I guess that is why they are appealing to you. 

I disagree that you are just showing off my morphs in your renderings. You take them and bring them to life with your artistic skill and personality. Mom saw that hence her comment. I am very happy that you decided to use them. That says they are worth something (even if their teeth are a little wonky up until now)...

heart

AOBB

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Another fine sculpt!

To me, it just screams "Grace Kelly"

One of the finest looking actress (IMHO) to ever grace (no pun intended) the silver screen.

In To Catch a Thief, she kind of plays a Debutante, touring Europe with her mother.... 
    To Catch a Thief and The Best Years of Our Lives are my two, all time favorite movies....(and no, I am not THAT old!)

edited March 2022

Hi Chumly! What a gorgeous photo of one of the most beautiful women in the world! It's a pity Grace Kelly chose Prince Rainier over a movie career. I don't think she was that happy with her choice in the end. Well, I guess we will never really know...

I always wanted to do a sculpt of a head morph that would be similar to Grace Kelly or young Catherine Deneuve. Two most beautiful actresses imo. Catherine Deneuve was the face of France for many years. Rightly so.

I'm so glad you find my Debutante to be in the same league as such beauties! Wow! Now that's an endorsement! Thank you! smiley

It's great that you appreciate old movies, even if you are not THAT old (LOL). I wish the younger generation took more interest in them. It's an incredible treasure trove.

Always good to hear from you, Chumly! smiley

Take care,

AOBB

Catherine Deneuve.jpg
    3147 x 2360 - 377K
    Post edited by AOBB on
    edited March 2022

Thanks AOBB! My daughter and I are both addicted now to DAZ (both the rendering and the shopping!), but it's been a fun activity for us to do together. smiley

My background is largely in the sciences, but early onset mid-life crisis brought back all my need to get back to the creative arts... 
    I agree you with you though, 3D stuff takes a little less patience than real world stuff and it's so easy to correct things and change our minds! laugh I've been painting less since I started with DAZ last year, but that's ok, I'm still having fun and still getting to express myself. And it also inspires other things in turn, so it's been exciting.

More morphs sounds fabulous! There's something very compelling about life-like sculpts, and I like how yours have such a classic look and it's easy to bring them to life. smiley
    Yes, more varied and historical clothing styles and sets would be very welcome. I'm happy just working with what's there at this point, because even just a year or two ago, I didn't know all this was even there or possible for hobbyists!

I decided to give Debutante a more period setting last night and attempt some dforce simulation. It inevitably crashed a couple of times before I managed to get something working, but I'm glad it worked in the end. It seems she's fond of reading fiction...

Historical Fiction

Oh no, now that I've seen Chumly's Grace Kelly picture, I want to do a render like that... It's very close to the nice renders you did for Glamorous and Alluring!

LI - AOBB Debutante Historical Fiction Fb4.jpg
    1244 x 800 - 822K
    edited March 2022

@SapphireBlue - You really gave Debutante the royal treatment! Wonderful detailing. So many things that grab one's attention. Very stylish and fun! yes

You're saying that your DS crashes on the simulation made me wonder - do you have your GPU configured properly in DS? I have attached an image of how this configuration should look like in the render settings.

While I'm on the topic of rendering: if you have a render that your computer cannot handle even with the GPU working with DS correctly, then cloud rendering is an option. I use Boost for DAZ: 

https://boostfordaz.infinite-compute.com/

Works great. Upload of a larger scene takes around 45 minutes for which you pay but it still is worth it imo. A render that would take me 24h took me ten minutes on a double 48GB GPU. That double GPU was actually an overkill and you can get away by rendering on single, much cheaper GPUs.

When it comes to cloth simulations, I've noticed that it's best not to mess with the simulation settings in the Surface tab. That causes often problems.

Yes, DAZ is definitely addictive. I have already blown so much cash this year on DAZ stuff that my husband was appalled when he saw my credit card statement. Anyway, I'm having great fun too. smiley

I am currently working on a young, Scandinavian guy. I'm almost done sculpting, so I think that by the end of this week he should be good to go (and his teeth are perfect!). I just don't have a backstory for him or proper name. He definitely seems like an outdoors kind. Adventurous, a hiker definitely. Here he is in his current state:

I'm glad you are discovering your true calling, SapphireBlue. It's never too late for that.

Cheers,

AOBB

GPU settings.png
    497 x 1041 - 2M
    Scandinavian guy.png
    786 x 942 - 3M
    Post edited by AOBB on

I think I'm done tweaking my newest work. Here he is:

Scandinavian guy 2.png
    788 x 950 - 1M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Oops, I almost missed your debutante. She's very nicely done. Too bad they don't really do that so much anymore, although I don't really remember when they did do that. I guess it was sort of a batmitvah / quinceañera. I think rich NYCers still do such parties.

Thank you, nonesuch00. smiley The reason for such events was to marry off the young women. Now that women are financially independent there is no need to secure their future with some rich guys. I think this is why debutante balls are largely the thing of the past. They were pretty impressive though, so it's a bit of a shame. Such a great reason to get all dressed up and glamorous. :sigh I wish people would dress as elegantly as they used to in the 40s to early 60s. What beautiful fashion. A pleasure to watch. Now people dress "casually" which is often another word for sloppy... sad

AOBB said:

Thank you, nonesuch00. smiley The reason for such events was to marry off the young women. Now that women are financially independent there is no need to secure their future with some rich guys. I think this is why debutante balls are largely the thing of the past. They were pretty impressive though, so it's a bit of a shame. Such a great reason to get all dressed up and glamorous. :sigh I wish people would dress as elegantly as they used to in the 40s to early 60s. What beautiful fashion. A pleasure to watch. Now people dress "casually" which is often another word for sloppy... sad

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't sure what the parties were for. I have tried to dress nicely but last time I did that walking home from work I was called "Du Feinster!", which is Swiss German for a snob. He's excused though as he was a wino. laugh

Oh,no! Just please don't give up on being elegant (even casually). I believe it enhances our self-esteem when we look good and it also makes this world a more pleasant place to live in when one sees people around them well dressed. I'm sorry this wino took a nasty stab at you. He must have been envious (well, that's my guess at least). Anyway, don't pay attention to such nay-sayers, nonesuch00. smiley 

AOBB said:

Oh,no! Just please don't give up on being elegant (even casually). I believe it enhances our self-esteem when we look good and it also makes this world a more pleasant place to live in when one sees people around them well dressed. I'm sorry this wino took a nasty stab at you. He must have been envious (well, that's my guess at least). Anyway, don't pay attention to such nay-sayers, nonesuch00. smiley 

LOL, I was startled at first but then I realised, well, he probably snarks at people all day long everyday. In the USA I don't dress nicely because when you do, the business you work for always assumes you are job hunting! laugh

edited March 2022

No wonder you were startled. It was a verbal attack on you! And when someone had a couple of drinks too many, who knows what else might happen...

It's really a shame that we have to hide our better selves not to stir up someone's low self-esteem (isn't that what envy stems from?) that might end up badly for us. 

Yes, the US gives a bad example (with the exception of the richer NYC) when it comes to dressing. "Casual" and downright sloppy is a norm which spreads also into the way people behave. I live on the west coast of the US and I see every day guys with PhD's dressed in ill-fitting chinos or jeans and cheap polo shirts or even T-shirts at the restaurant.

I went some time ago to listen to the Seattle Philharmonic Orchestra (the orchestra members were all in their proper attire thank goodness). In front of me was sitting a woman, who during the intermission started... knitting! Other people wouldn't leave their overcoats in the cloakroom but would throw them onto the back of their seats. The overall dress code was very casual. I found that most disrespectful towards the orchestra. There is a fine line between being relaxed/informal and simply obnoxious.

I totally get why you wouldn't want to dress nicely here. This is simply frowned upon. What strange times do we live in... sad

Post edited by AOBB on
  • Thanks for the rendering and simulation tips AOBB! My issues with simulation are my lack of understanding at this stage I think, but I hope to work on that more. I'm only doing CPU renders until whenever I can update my set-up, but I'll bookmark Boost for when I maybe get into animation. Can't imagine having to run that on my PC!

I can understand your husband's reaction - I myself was appalled when I totalled my purchases for last year (my first year of shopping here). I'm not much into shopping, so this was beyond crazy... blush

Your new morph looks great! He may need some mountains! laugh

You're welcome SapphireBlue! smiley 

I'm glad you like my new morph. Yes, he could have some mountains in the background of the promo images. Unfortunately, I didn't have any in my Content Library and I didn't want to spend even more money on them. It's so easy to overspend at the DAZ store... 

I created an image with The Scandinavian and Astronaut in the great outdoors. It's here:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1213041

This is an older version of The Scandinavian in the render and he has different hair but it is him. 

Cheers,

AOBB

• Knitting! How Awful. Was the light level OK for my cross stitch? Much more acceptable than knitting! What's the world coming to? Knitting! Hah! wink

Must admit I'm pleased the age of Debs is over, but I agree dressing up is nice going to certain occasions. Weddings, christenings, etc. I would say concerts, but I haven't been for a while to our local concert hall. Half the concerts were too loud, generally. And it feels somewhat wrong going to a Death Metal concert in suit, tie and ear defenders for some reason. The other half of concerts in the hall, where people made noise with traditional instruments, they were rather quieter and had fewer flashing lights. However, I must admit I enjoyed those concerts much less than my wife, as I suspect she enjoyed the noisy ones less than I. The concert hall, unfortunately, closed because there were too few people going to either type of concert to sustain the hall. The problem was the audience size, they could only get 200 in, and there is a venue only 40 miles away under a 20 acre tent that can house 10000 or more.

It must be said that some people simply can't wear nice clothes & look nicer than an unmade bed. My eldest daughter has a scruffy aura about her. Elegant clothes simply look as if they've been put on because that's all that was left in the wardrobe when everything else was in the wash. After 10 seconds she manages a 30 degree twist in the bodice, so the dress looks as if it's trying to strangle her waist. Youngest dot, she looks very smart & stays that way, normally, but eldest dot, I really give up on her.

Regards,

Richard.

I am old enough to remember when you had to dress nice to go to church. One of my brothers wasn't allowed in for showing up in blue jeans. I also remember getting punished as a preschooler for going outside in my favorite clown pajamas, but now you can be an adult and go to the stores in your pajamas. It's pretty weird, although I guess very convenient. laugh

@richardandtracy - indeed, it would be silly to wear a suit to a death metal concert. Every situation used to have its specific dress code but now it is one casual outfit for all occassions. I'm glad your eldest daughter isn't reading your post... surprise blush

@nonesuch00. - I also like the fact that now no one pays attention to how other's are dressed (all we need is to be judged by others, right?) and I also really feel sorry for you as a child for being punished because you were simply expressing yourself freely. Adults are really clueless about how to treat children. 

Yet I believe a certain amount of decorum (both behavioral and aesthetic) is a good thing. Going out to a fancy restaurant or other big social occassion in nice clothes makes the situation so much more special not to mention the aspect of showing respect to others (and oneself!) by being neat is important. I like dressing up every now and then. It just makes me feel better about myself. That's important too. And isn't it so much more pleasant to look at a well-groomed young man instead of the same lad looking disheveled in jeans, a sweatshirt and a beanie. Unfortunately that kind of outfit has become a ubiquitous norm. This is just plain sad, boring and ugly imo.

• Got a question. I know your morph for the Debutante has no textures. I tried it with the default G8.1F but the skin looks plastic or maybe painted, not like real skin. How did you get your's to come out so well. Any specific changes to the default settings, or did you use a different skin altogether. Any thing you can pass along to those of us who are struggling with this new version. Generally I try to stay away from it, to bad you didn't do it for the plain G8F.

This is the best I could get it to come out, and only the in B&W as the full color one looked just to terrible. So I settled for an image reminiscent of the old 30's or 40's movie openings. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

BronzeDragon

old time 3 copy.jpg
    800 x 1176 - 520K

@BronzeDragon - as I have pointed out in my post with the promo images, I have used the skin materials of the Blakely HD character (PBR).  Then I used the product called Materials Wizard to do the makeup (look under "Scripts" in the Content Library to find this software):

https://www.daz3d.com/materials-wizard

https://www.daz3d.com/blakely-hd-for-genesis-81-female

I also used Lashes Utilities, which is a great product along with Beautiful Brows II to give her the eyebrows and lashes:

https://www.daz3d.com/lashes-utilities-for-genesis-2-3-and-8

https://www.daz3d.com/beautiful-brows-ii-merchant-resource-for-genesis-8-and-genesis-81-females

Then I lit her using this product:

https://www.daz3d.com/boss-pro-light-set-for-portraits-promos

This is how I got the promo image look.

edited April 2022

I am also looking at you render, BronzeDragon,  and thinking that Debutante's facial features look more like those of the generic figure than Debutante. Have you used the preset to apply the head (which would set the Debutante head morph to 100%) or have you dialed the morph just partialy in manually? The ReadMe.txt file in the Debutante for G8.1M.zip file explains where the presets and morph dial are.

Maybe it's just her expression that makes her look that way, I don't know...

Post edited by AOBB on