mcj-Collar-To-Shldr - script - For cases where the Collar bone rotations are a nuisance 2021 Update

mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
edited March 2021 in Freebies

manual and download here --> https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/mcjcollartoshldr

Sometimes my actors wear clothes ...

( rush-made clothes you know how it is, it's a weekend and you want a Sunny/Ga-In/Bloom long sleeved red turtleneck ... etc etc etc )

... which don't allow much movement of the Collar joints without suffering from severe poke-through

Other times the poses imported from a BVH animation look weird because the Collar bones
on the source (human) are too different from the Collar bones of the Poser/Daz figure. But
but other than that, the Shldr/Arm is in the correct pose

This script will attempt to Zero the Collar joint pose/animation
while maintaining the Arm pose

3 methods are offered

METHOD A : X, Y, Z (Euler) rotations transferred from Collar to Shldr after Zeroing the Collar Rotations

Method B : The Shldr Orientation ( Quaternion ) is recovered after zeroing Colar bone rotations

Method C - The Hand Position and Orientation is recovered after zeroing the Collar bone rotations,
if the shldr rotations did not allow it, then the Collar bone rotations are called back in action, though reduced

praumo.jpg
560 x 550 - 95K
methodC.jpg
1000 x 500 - 62K
methodB.jpg
1000 x 500 - 61K
methodA.jpg
1000 x 500 - 62K
promoCtoS.jpg
500 x 500 - 84K
Post edited by mCasual on

Comments

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Does anybody know if mcj-Collar-To-Shldr script works on G3 or G8 figures? I get and error message when I try to use it. I was hoping that this script might help resolve some of the lack of a twist bone problems encountered when importing a BVH converted from MMD. Wou

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,605
    edited March 2021

well it's a 2015 script and for now it doesnt support gen3 or gen8

but at least it displays the message

tomorrow i'll see if i can update it for gen3, 8 and maybe 2 and 1, though it probably supports 1 and 2, i forgot

kwannie said:

Does anybody know if mcj-Collar-To-Shldr script works on G3 or G8 figures? I get and error message when I try to use it. I was hoping that this script might help resolve some of the lack of a twist bone problems encountered when importing a BVH converted from MMD. Wou

demoshldr.jpg
    1282 x 1292 - 155K
    v2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 84K

Thank you so much Mcasual I look forward to trying it ou when you are finished. I am surprised you have not tried to get into MMD with all the animation you do, because your scripts would make using MMD in DS amazing. I would be happy to share any info about the conversion process if you are interested.

Thanks again!!!

edited March 2021

here

and here 

are my two mmd to daz studio works

in one case it's someone from the daz freepository that had converted mmd to genesis

and i think i used my mcjCopyPoseAnim script to convertt it to Aiko3 

note that mcjCollarToShldr simply combines the collar and shoulder rotations to the Shoulder joint and it zeroes the collar rotations

i did that mainly because collar joint rotations give slightly ugly results like stretching or compressing breasts

kwannie said:

Thank you so much Mcasual I look forward to trying it ou when you are finished. I am surprised you have not tried to get into MMD with all the animation you do, because your scripts would make using MMD in DS amazing. I would be happy to share any info about the conversion process if you are interested.

Thanks again!!!

edited March 2021

UPDATE GENESIS 3 and 8 Support

March 16th 2021 - The script now handles the Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 figures split joints 

https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts5/mcjcollartoshldr

happystpat2021.jpg
    880 x 920 - 135K

Mcasual, I zipped a short vid of an MMD conversion I did a while back and for some reason this motion doesn't have the problem with the collar bone twists that most of the MMD conversions do. It is possible to make MMD look very smooth in DS and your scripts are a huge help in making them look good.

zip
    zip
    Onegai Darling.zip
    5M

I just noticed in the your post above, that you said you converted the MMD motion. Do you have a script that converts MMD? I normally use VMD2FBX to convert to an FBX with motion, then use Iclone pipeline to convert to BVH. Do you have a conversion script also?

Thank you so much for the update Mcasual, you are amazing!!!

i started with the converted mmd animation here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/38138/free-lamb-dance-motion-bvh-and-facial-motion-to-download-v3

then i used my mcjCopyPoseAnim to convert it to Aiko3 

kwannie said:

I just noticed in the your post above, that you said you converted the MMD motion. Do you have a script that converts MMD? I normally use VMD2FBX to convert to an FBX with motion, then use Iclone pipeline to convert to BVH. Do you have a conversion script also?

Ah OK, yes he is the one that taught me how to convert MMD. MMD is an incredible animation resource thousands of free motions available. Mcasual I hope you get very interested in MMD again I would love to see more scripts that can help bring MMD into DAZ. Thanks again!!