AOBB's head morph Magnificent for G8.1M (based on Gregory Peck). No materials nor textures included.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited May 2022 in Freebies

Edit: New, final version of Magnificent is uploaded, so if you downloaded this head morph before May 9 8:35 am PST then please download it again. Cheers, AOBB smiley

This morph is based on Gregory Peck who deserves to be called magnificent not just for his handsome, towering presence, his booming, velvety voice but also for his personality that seeped into his characters, making them larger than life. What is less known is that Gregory Peck also had a wonderful, witty sense of humor that was never used to make fun of others. He was a true gentleman (as Richard pointed out). You might learn more about him here:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000060/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Here is Magnificent interpreted by me:

Assets used (all for G8.*M):

H&C dForce Dress Shirt Outfit

Trevor hair (I scaled it in the X direction to -100% to get a mirrored version of it)

Beautiful brows II (Brow 18 and 10 or 18 used twice for thickness)

Lashes Utilities

Asher character skin material with translucency set to maximum

Natural Eyes II

Lighting and Background - BOSS Portrait Lights

It was a pleasure and fun challenge working on such a great character. He is a fitting companion for Luminous (Audrey Hepburn).

Please enjoy and remember that because this is a head morph based on a real person then noncommercial use only! 

Cheers, smiley

AOBB

Magnificent F.png
507 x 750 - 407K
Magnificent TQ.png
507 x 750 - 412K
Magnificent P.png
507 x 750 - 432K
zip
zip
Magnificent for G8.1M.zip
1M
Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 876

Lovely work AOBB! heart I love that you gave us our own Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck to have photoshoots with to our heart's content! This 3D business is too fun and beyond what I could have imagined possible... Sometimes I feel like pinching myself... laugh

Love the name too - a great fit! smiley

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

Thank you, SapphireBlue! heart I wish still that I was better at getting the likenesses but I already am lightyears ahead of what I used to be, so I shouldn't complain.

I was thinking that what is missing from the DAZ stores is a really good male suit with proper lapels and so on. A suit that also behaves like a suit when posed. After all, it would be nice to dress Magnificent as he used to dress - in a well tailored tweed suit. A 1940/early 1950's style suit would be nice too ( wide, pleated pants, wide lapels and broad shoulders). Maybe there is someone out there who would be willing to make such an outfit. I realize how difficult a task that would be, so it definitely would have to be a work of love...

3D is definitely fun. I love working in it too! smiley

Good to hear from you, SapphireBlue!

AOBB

P.S. I absolutely adore your panda renders. They have such a sweet and innocent sense of humor. The titles are great too!

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

AOBB
    More awesome work!  You are one of the few that make "celebrities" that actually look like who they are supposed to!

Cheers!

Oh, Chumly! That is so sweet of you to write that!

I actually need a little self-esteem boost, because I am now working on a famous "old hollywood" celebrity that is very hard to sculpt. Her makeup and facial expressions that I find on most photos change her natural features so much I am having a real hard time with her - especially the shape and size of her eyes. It's also true that I just started working on her and usually I have to go through many iterations before the head morph begins to look anything like the celebrity whose features I'm trying to capture. That might be another reason for my frustration now.

Anyway, thank you for your kindness, Chumly! smiley It's good to feel appreciated!

AOBB

Totally agree with Chumly, your likenesses are really great!! yes I like that you're enjoying tackling all these sculpts - I can imagine that it's satisfying work even if it's hard too. Very curious about who you are working on next!

I agree about those male suits. I have a few of them from the store, but they really don't pose very naturally, but I've yet to do anything serious with them, so I'll see what kind of problems I run into when I do...

Thank you about the panda renders! Half of the renders are my daughter's - we take turns baby sitting the panda! Of course now, she's been dropping a lot of hints about getting Hypertaf's latest creation - that too-cute goat Popcorn! smiley

DAZ can be used for so many silly and funny and happy things, and I really enjoy that. I have a couple of projects, where that's definitely the direction I'm heading.

I'm happy that my work is appreciated, SapphireBlue. This lets me know that I am doing something right. Thank you!smiley

I have seen Popcorn in the DAZ store. So adorable. I totally understand your daughter! 

It's good that such innocence and sweetness is also represented in the gallery (I am talking about your's and your daughter's panda images). Your images made me smile and even laugh. I am looking forward to more of those! heart AOBB

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032
    edited May 2022

Quite nice but I got him mixed up with Cary Grant until I saw his real name. Now I recognize him as Gregory Peck.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Ouch! LOL!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

AOBB said:

Ouch! LOL!

No, your sculpts are good, I just don't know them as well as I know who Audrey Hepburn is.

Oh, I see. smiley Thank you for straighting this out, nonesuch00! Phew, I'm glad my sculpt are at least somewhat decent! laugh

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184

Hi AOBB, 

I just download Mr Peck with loveheart - Thank you brilliant work!!

Also, could I be cheeky with a request for one or two of the following men:

Yul Brynner, Robert Mitchum, David Niven or Woody Strobe?? .... All these men had/led fascinating lives in there own way and I LOVE everyone of them.

Keep the good work yesyes

B

@ShadowBox24 - Glad you like Magnificent! I think his nose is too big now but all in all it's a decent sculpt.

Unfortunately I cannot take requests, because making a sculpt is so energy- and time-consuming that I have to be extremely picky about who I take on. I generally tend to choose someone I have a strong personal liking for, so each sculpt is very personal. I am interested though in who you would like to see made, because that gives me ideas. If a lot of people wants to see the likeness of the same person made, I will definitely consider making one (I'm not promising though...).

Thanks for your vote of confidence. wink smiley

• perlkperlk Posts: 854

How... on... earth... looks just like him! And you are so freakin' talented at creating morphs, @AOBB

Thank you, @perlk ! You are a (very talented yourself) darling! smiley

AOBB Finally, FINALLY, I got round to trying out Magnificent, and of course, he's magnificent... :P I went with your great choice for hair and brows, and dialed in some HD details (for forehead wrinkles and such, which I always remember of his face). Loved working with him, and with Luminous again! They're lovely! heart

"Luminous and Magnificent"

Link to the image in the gallery

Very beautiful, SapphireBlue. I love the looks on their faces. So emotional. Thank you for this gorgeous image! heartyes

I gave you a like in the gallery... smiley

Hugs,

AOBB

edited July 2022

AOBB said:

Very beautiful, SapphireBlue. I love the looks on their faces. So emotional. Thank you for this gorgeous image! heartyes

I gave you a like in the gallery... smiley

Hugs,

AOBB

Thank you very much AOBB! I felt like given them a dramatic emotional moment, what about I don't know... Thanks to you and your sculpts, I've started using G8.1 more comfortably. I usually just reach for G8 otherwise.

But very lovely of you to give us all our own Audrey and Gregory for our photoshoots! laugh I loved working with them. The likeness is brilliant. heart And technology is just wild.

Post edited by SapphireBlue on

@SapphireBlue - my pleasure! I'm glad you decided to broaden your technological horizons thanks to me! wink I enjoy sculpting the likenesses of old Hollywood stars and I share my work with joy. I love seeing what you will come up with with your renders. What stories you (and others) will tell. It makes it all worth it (well, I'd be doing those sculpts anyway, because I get a real blast out of it...)

Thanks again for the lovely, emotive render. Keep them coming! laugh

Cheers,

AOBB